Marina Apartments / Harassment

1 722 S Coronado St Los Angeles, CA 90057Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 213-385-4451

First let me preface my response by saying I'm a voucher holder And i only had 120 days before it expired, Which i told her all this from the start. Ana Lies habitually its almost laughable, She had me to feel out and return all my papperwork to her, I knew something was up when she continued to tell me that she needed me to give her the same items i had already given to her saying it has to be more current, She made me bring in another rent receipt mind you another month had pass, Then she proceeded to tell me i need your bank statement for this month, Then she needed another print out of my income which i had already given her these things prior. So i was in a situation where she made me continuously give her the same items over and over again, which waisted more time.

Then out of the blue she handed me more papperwork to take to public assistance i had to quote prove i wasn't getting income from welfare, She gave me a total of 4 documents to have stamped and signed to bring back to her. I was all over the city of Los Angeles like a rooster with his head cut off getting those documents signed and stamped, I brought them to her the next day completed she took them and did God knows what with them.

Then she scheduled a home visit so the person could see how my current apartment looked that went okay, She never called me to tell me the status of anything I'm waiting in limbo, So i decided to make a surprise visit to her office, Its always the same story, Oh i was gonna call you but i was tired or i forgot. My housing choice voucher will soon expire which is what she wanted it to do all along.

Ana's intentions were never to rent me that apartment, She would lie and say the apartment was occupied, Then a week later i called she then told me the apartment is empty but they haven't did the maintenance on it. It was always a different but foolish story. Recently i made another surprise visit, She told me she couldn't make me any promises that the apartment would be ready by the date before my voucher is to expire. The real issue never came out, The issue is I'm black, And when you look at who currently lives their i saw one black lady the rest asians. hispanics. She should of told me from the get go i was the wrong color. She had never expected me to pass credit check or the background check, which i did so the only thing she could do at that point was give me the run around. I'm not gonna even pursue discrimination charges civil law suit against her because my voucher will be expired anyway, and i have decided to just remain in the apartment i currently have.

The resident manager Ana is hispanic, Her Boss name is Lupe, I completed the process all the papperwork, And all the steps given me and i have gotten nothing but the run around. I take this as a blessing from God, Because regardless i would hate to live in a environment where blacks are not welcome, anything tragic could happen to me. But i want Marina Apartments to at least be reported for their racism toward black people.

Va

Comments

• Gi
      18th of Oct, 2008

"Ana Mosqueda The resident manager at this apartment complex, what a awful person she is, I knew right off she hated black males, And it was real funny watching her pretend not to understand good english when i would ask her a direct question that she didn't want to answer. I put up with her hellish crap for 4 months trying to rent that apartment. I decided its not even worth it, And the worst part about it is the fact that there are 100's of resident managers here in california that are exactly like Ana. And the homeless population here of black males is disturbing, Discrimination practices keep them homeless and nobody cares. If you are a black man and need an apartment stay away from Marina Apartments because you will just waiste your time like i did trying to get in their to live."

• Wi
      19th of Nov, 2008

I'm a black man and i currently live here at Marina Apartments, So i disagree with Gilbert about Anna being a racist. She has been nothing but nice to me, My apartment is perfect and i fit right in with the neighbors here. I've been living at Marina Apartments about 3 weeks now, And so far i havn't heard any loud music or slamming doors its a peaceful enviornment here and i love it.