Maple Call Inc. / unknown company billing

1 PO Box 57109, STN A Toronto, Canada Review updated:

On january 31, 2019 I received a bill from a strange company: maple call inc. For long distance calls. I have been a client of necc telecom for a number of years. I have always received email notifications about the due bill. Recently there was none so in the beginning of january (probably) I checked on line (it was still possible) and had $0.00 balance. Then an invoice from a company that doesn't have a website/ address. There was no notice from the necc, no letter from that maple call inc. As other customers of necc, I couldn't get through the long lineup when calling their customer service. Today there is a message "calling is temporarily unavailable". I am not going to pay for "other fees" that I have never agreed to; there were no other charges with necc. The invoice date is jan. 9 and I just got it : jan. 31. Due date: feb. 2! What kind of a company does this? I will be writing to that po box address to immediately close my account, however, I do not want to pay for extra charges and any late fees.

El
Feb 1, 2019

Comments

• Md
      2nd of Feb, 2019

I have the same issue. I called on the provided 18779747494 today, Saturday Feb.2, and no one responded. The automatic answer was that the call centre is closed.
    I also don't want to pay any extra fees/charges

@M Dim Canadian fraud report center :

5th of Feb, 2019

@M Dim Dear valuable customer!
    Please provide us with your contact phone number and your customer ID and we will contact you back. You may also write us directly at [protected]@maplecall.com and our team of experts will assist you with all questions and concerns.
    Maple Telecom customer care team

20th of Feb, 2019

@Maple Call Inc. l am in the same predicament,
    l refuse to pay your bill until you call me to renegotiate charges and fees and adjust your bill as l did with pulse telecom.
    You were never authorized or l discussed with you this change of server.
    This l find unethical and need to be addressed immediately.
    Best number to get me is my mobile: 1-905-708-9393.
    By signing up to send you this comment does not authorize you to be my long distance carrier yet.

Hello
    I have the same issue. I called the Necc by Jan 31/ 19 why I do not get my bill by e-mail as usual. I got my bill by mail from Maple Call Inc by Feb 01/19 Due Feb 02/19 I tried to call toll free number the machine say same thing I do not even understand what do I have to do I need help they charge $15 dollar other fees I never paid before I was long time customer. my email [protected]@yahoo.ca

• Ai
      2nd of Feb, 2019

In the same boat. Does anyone know of a lawyer who will take on a class action suit? This is shady and needs to stop. I had automated payments set up through NECC Telecom and never agreed to any terms with Maple Call inc. I will also be writing them a cease and desist letter also asking for any report or signature that i have signed with them- calling my local police now as well to file a report

@aidan1978 Ways to report fraud
    9:00 am - 4:45 pm
    Eastern Time

• Me
      3rd of Feb, 2019

I got the same problem as somebody mentioned above. I stopped my contract with NECC but I got an invoice for $9.02

• Gi
      4th of Feb, 2019

Same for me, I received a bill from Maple Call Inc when I was previously using NECC. I tried to log in with NECC and the site is not found. I have no explanation of what happened to NECC and this new company never emailed me advising they were taking over. Now I have other charges and surcharges that I don't know where it's coming from.

• Mi
      7th of Feb, 2019

Same for me, I finally got an email from them the other day to welcome me as a new customer, and then today, Feb 6th, when I asked about the statement (as I haven't received any statement for January), they sent it to me by email within minutes (wow), and I was stunned to see that the due date was Feb 2. Also, I've got charged some Other Fees of $10.97 besides the international calls of $4.99, which btw they are not listed with the dates and times, it's just a charge of $4.99, hmmmm... Anyways, I tried to add the payee to my Simplii online banking, so I can pay, but it says: "No companies can be found that match your input. Please check your bill company name and re-enter". It couldn't find it no matter I tried: Maple, Maple Call, Maple Call Inc, MapleCall. And there isn't any payment info neither on the bill, nor on the website.

16th of Feb, 2019

Received a bill from them on Feb.14 and it was due on Feb. 14. Top right hand corner said "no payment required". Have no idea who they are, used Pulse Telecom for years. Charged 10.98 "other fees". Have been unsuccessful in trying to talk to someone. Called Pulse Telecom - message says company no longer exists. Maple message says they are overwhelmed with calls and no chance to leave a message. No email address, couldn't find a website. No explanation, just an invoice. What kind of business is that?

16th of Feb, 2019

Checked Better Business Bureau and they also have not received a response from Maple Call Inc.
    Business Alert
    In February 2019 BBB received an influx of complaints and inquiries regarding this business.
    Consumers have advised they received an invoice from the company but do not recall entering into a contract with them for services. Many have attempted to contact Maple Call Inc for assistance, however when faced with extensive wait times, the consumers ended the call without speaking to a representative.
    BBB contacted the business on February 4 2019 regarding the quantity of inquiries received and requested they work to resolve the underlying reasons for the complaints.
    We are currently waiting on a response.

20th of Feb, 2019

You were never authorized or l discussed with you this change of server.
    This l find unethical and need to be addressed immediately.
    Best number to get me is my mobile: 1-905-708-9393.