Maple Call Inc / toronto, ontario, m5w5m5

1 PO BOx 57109, Stn ACanada Review updated:

I have never been a customer of maple call in. Just received an invoice from them for $16.00, somebody called me during last week and told that necc which was my long distance company went out of business and they are taking over their customers and I clearly stated "no". The charges on the invoice are ridiculous, they don't pick up phone and don't have a website... Invoice arrived on 02/02/2019, should be paid on 02/02/2019, no hst number listed and taxes are charged... Thinking to report to cra and better business buro

Ir
Feb 3, 2019

Comments

3rd of Feb, 2019

No one ever informed me of any change ... I only got a bill. I think that if similar changes take place, it would be necessary to add an explanation to the bill, what is going on. I never had a agreement with MapleCall Inc. Looks like the operator of MapleCall Inc. there is no concept of doing business and respect for the client. I've never had an charge from NECC on which would be $ 2 for a phone call and $ 9 for any imaginary fees...

5th of Feb, 2019

@Jaroslaw Jagusinski Dear valuable customer!
    Please provide us with your contact phone number and your customer ID and we will contact you back. You may also write us directly at [email protected] and our team of experts will assist you with all questions and concerns.
    Maple Telecom customer care team

• Bl
      17th of Feb, 2019

@Jaroslaw Jagusinski Looks that Maple Call is not a legit telecom company since is not CRTC registered. Their business office is registered in a residential house in Windsor. They are not answering the phone number provided on the bill and do not have a BITS License (only telecommunications providers that have a BITS licence may carry traffic internationally). After some research online I found that company was created in 30/10/2018 and have taken over the personal data of customers from several telephony companies created by SRVR LLC (Founder: Daniel Popa): Necc Telecom USA, Canada, Romania; BlueTone Canada, USA; PulseTelecom Canada, USA etc. I am going to take legal action and file a complaint in court.

• Dr
      3rd of Feb, 2019

On Friday I got mail from Maple Call do I have to pay to this company or not

4th of Feb, 2019

I have same situation. I used to be a NECC customer and without any notice I got today bill (due Feb 2nd, 2019). Although I didn't make any calls they charged me $7.98. International Discount Fee $4.99, Operational Charge $2.99 and HST $1.04. NECC never charged service or operational fees and their web site doesn't work and phone says they are out of business.
    I can't find anything about Maple Call Inc. on internet.

Every time I try to call the number on the bill 1-877-974-7494 it says your call cannot be completed as dialed.

• Eo
      5th of Feb, 2019

Hi, thank you for sharing your experience with Maple Call Inc. The same happened to me, they sent me a bill in February for odd long distance calls from November 2018, these calls don't correspond to anything. It must be a scam. Should be reported to the authorities.

• Kt
      5th of Feb, 2019

So I checked the Better Business Bureau online, and it seems they have had an influx of complaints. I agree with everyone that NECC customers should have been informed of the takeover. I only just received an invoice yesterday Feb 4/19 and the invoice due date states Feb 2/19. Last week I remember receiving an automated voice phone call thanking us for becoming a customer, I hanged up right away without listening to the rest of the message as I fear it was one of those telephone voice scams. Today, I just called my local phone company Telus to switch over. Not sure if I should pay this bill from Maple Call or not even if they are legit business or bother trying to contact them as I don't want to get anymore invoices from them. What is everyone else doing? Should I make a complaint to the CRTC?

• Ub
      5th of Feb, 2019

I have had the same concerns but it seems that there is a website at least, it's maplecall.com . I think that they must have bought out the NECC customers but the transition has certainly been horrible and the communication between the 2 companies has been non-existent! It is certainly been a very frustrating experience and I'm on hold with their sales department as I type this hoping to get some answers!

• Ge
      6th of Feb, 2019

Hi I’m in the same situation. Client of NECC Telecom that apparently went out of business. I finally- after 1 week of calling the number on my invoice & after having to wait 15 minutes on hold, and a lady answered the phone. She said that Maple Call has taken over and by mid next week February 14 /2019 we will be able to make payments at our financial institutions with the same account number as on our NECC bill. Is this company legit?

• Da
      7th of Feb, 2019

Same as above, I was a NECC customer. Sometime in January 2019, Maple Call left a message on my phone to inform me that NECC is out of business and they are now my long distance calls provider. I immediately called them back and advised them that I do not wish to be their customer. I however received an invoice, for $ 16.76, comprising service calls for $ 0.47 (12 min of international calls made in December 2018) and $ 16.29 (taxes included) for all kind of administrative chargers, which NECC never billed.
    I talked to their customer service, explaining them that taking over my long distance calls without my authorization is an invasion of privacy and outright fraud. The lady agreed to cancel all charges (except the $0.47plus taxes), but not the GST and Provincial tax. Again, fraud, as they cannot charge taxes on a service they have not provided and that they will never pay to the government. I asked them to make sure they erase my account (not just cancel it, as cancelling implies a legitimate account to be cancelled) and let her know I am only going to pay the $ 0.47 + taxes, even though I should probably not pay as I have not agreed for them to be my long distance provider.

• Ki
      7th of Feb, 2019

They send me a 100$ for 2 months (instead of 26$ i agree with NECC). I called consumers protection office in Quebec. All is illegal about this procedure from Maple Call:
    -By the law they need to advise the customers 30 days in advance for all the changes
    -They don't have a physical adresse so u can not send them a letter of formal notice
    -They don't have the code taxes on their bill.

I tried calling them :))) good luck !!!

The consumers protection office advise to call also CRTC Canada.

I will not waste my time with them, i canceled my CreditCard so they can not charge it.

The rest will see it probably on the news soon !!!

Cris

• Xi
      7th of Feb, 2019

I got similar letter for $9.02 for service we never used. We did use NECC before, three years ago, never used again.

• Tr
      7th of Feb, 2019

Same here, I have never used any service from this company. I don't even know what is NECC and receive a bill of $9.18. Trying to contact them.

• Bo
      8th of Feb, 2019

Got the same issue, difference being that I was with blueton. No way I.m paying an invoice erceived out of nowhere and requesting money.

• Al
      8th of Feb, 2019

AS: My situation is even worse than for the other NECC customers. I have not been informed of this change (i.e., NECC went out of business and Maple Call Inc. took its customers); moreover, when I used the calling card, it still says "NECC calling card...". Although I have not received any invoice from NECC for the calls I made in December and January, I paid $30 on Dec. 21, 2018 and $30 on Jan 24, 2019 before going on vacation ( I have the confirmation #; NECC took my money from my account). Yesterday, I received an invoice from Maple Call Inc. for the amount $40.59 for the calls I made from Nov. 15, 2018 to Jan. 6, 2019. At first, I didn't realize what it was; then I google it and I read all those frustration comments from NECC customers. I guess Maple Call inc. took over NECC business and its customers but NECC bank account is still open since NECC got my money in Dec. and January. I must mention again that I was not aware of the change in the provider of long distance calls and I did not sign any agreement with Maple Cal. Taking over my long distance calls without my authorization is an invasion of privacy and a fraud; taking my money by a no longer existing company is also a fraud. I tried to call Maple Call repeateadly and after waiting for a long time (#17 on their list) a guy with an Indian accent answered but he couldn't hear me. I guess he was answering from India although I press the button #2 for Romanian language; nevertheless he didn't bother and disconnected my call. I tried to call again (I was #18 on the waiting list) and this time a guy with a Romanian accent answered. Again, he couldn't hear me although I am calling from Ottawa, ON and I was disconnected. I want to cancel my NECC card but I don't know how to do it; there is no one from Maple Call I could talk to. Where did my money ($60) go?

• Ju
      13th of Feb, 2019

I, like many, was a client of the company blue tone. a couple of months ago I noticed that the bills for international negotiations did not come. Yesterday I received a bill from the company mapel call inc. This morning I called and got all the answers. it's not scam! this is a new company that has taken customers from small companies that have closed. why not ask the data? They enter their profile by phone number and they all know. I have on my account the date for payment is February 10th. I got my bill 12th. the operator gave me a credit of $ 5 and no extra fees for late fee .fees

• Bi
      13th of Feb, 2019

I just received a bill from them. I made a two minute call which cost me $0.62 cents but my bill comes to $9.93. I looked them up and saw that Better Business Bureau have this Alert

Business Alert
    In February 2019 BBB received an influx of complaints and inquiries regarding this business.

Consumers have advised they received an invoice from the company but do not recall entering into a contract with them for services. Many have attempted to contact Maple Call Inc for assistance, however when faced with extensive wait times, the consumers ended the call without speaking to a representative.

BBB contacted the business on February 4 2019 regarding the quantity of inquiries received and requested they work to resolve the underlying reasons for the complaints.

We are currently waiting on a response.

• N1
      14th of Feb, 2019

@BibiOH I am having same issue as other ppl. I want to cancel this ridiculous service. But I dont know how as when I call it just have voice message to call back next day. I just got my invice today Feb 14 and it is due today. Also they are charging fees that were not part of initial agreement with previous provider. So I have more to pay on fees than in actual services. I just want out of this. Very poor customer approach.

• Na
      15th of Feb, 2019

I have never been a customer of maple call in. Just received an invoice from them for $9.18. I called today, they are closed. Anyway, I will not pay anything because I do not have any contract with them.

• Mu
      17th of Feb, 2019

Never was a customer for maple call inc. and I never asked to be !
    I Never gave any consents or subscribed for their services.
    More important detail is that calling them leads you nowhere: an auto response message tells you to call 'another day' and the call is simply disconnected.
    Not going to pay. I have never signed up for their service
    They used our private information without our consent.
    this is fraud!
    this is invasion in my private life !