Maple Call Inc / long distance calls

1-5 PO Box 57109 STN A, Toronto ON M5W 5M5, Canada Review updated:

Hello,
I have been for longtime a client of necc telecom. I was using their long distances services. I found out by chance, only a few days ago, that necc telecom has been bough by maple call. I called maple call and asked about their rates and services. They said that the necc telecom rates are kept at the same level. I received yesterday (january 30, 2019) an invoice for 2 months in the amount of $107.13. I have a previous bad experience with necc since they billed me for calls I have never used. I understand that the invoice is for 2 months. However I never paid so much. There are other fees in the amount of $18.16, that I have never paid before. The invoice states that it has to be paid until february 2, 2019 otherwise late charges may apply. I am trying since yesterday to contact them. It seems almost impossible, I am currently the 49th in line every time I am calling them. Right now I am awaiting for 45minutes and I am the customer 1 (from 49 at the beginning). The customer service representative answered me said hello and hang up on me. It looks that is almost impossible to talk to them. I tried to locate them on the internet but I cannot find any site. It looks that it is a phantom company.
I have the account number [protected], and the invoice number [protected] (cannot attached since pdf not accepted as format). I cannot see in their invoice their gst number, usually all the invoices have. I would like to know what my recourse against them is. It looks that I have no other choice then to pay without asking questions, otherwise I will be penalized with late fees. Another question, how I will unsubscribe from them. There is only a po address.
Aida sorescu
Cell:[protected]
Home:[protected]
Email : [protected]@gmail.com

Maple Call Inc

• Haddad's Response, Jan 31, 2019

I have canceled my service with NECC two years ago and I got an invoice from Maple Call. for $8.45. It seems that Maple Call bought NECC. What is this? Is this a spam? How to get rid of this? Are these invoices can affect our credit history if not paid?

Ai
Jan 31, 2019

Comments

• Ra

Ottawa January 31, 2019 What is Maple Call Inc.? cc: BBB
    I received Invoice #89015037 ($41, 67) from Maple Call Inc. listing the long distance calls made between November 15, 2018 and January 01, 2019. No Introductory Letter, no information regarding what happened with my previous NeccTelecom provider, no access to ”My Account” data. I paid my last bill to Necc on December 09, 2018 and I can not verify whether or not there are duplicate payments.
    Your Invoice #89015037 is dated January 09, 2019, and was received just today the last day of January. It also includes a due date: February 02, 2019, and additional $13, 33 for ”Other Fees” ?!?
    Dear Maple Call,
    I do not know who you are; You never asked for my consent to continue to do business with you; your Invoice has little credibility.
    I am mailing today $41, 67 to you with the envelope provided.
    As of today, January 31, 2019, please consider our business terminated. Please disconnect all long distance call services and close the account #327491 which you opened without my consent.
    Andy.

• As
      31st of Jan, 2019

@Radu Andrei why pay without knowing anything to them?

31st of Jan, 2019

@Radu Andrei I think this is what they expected: somebody will pay eventually.

Found this:

31st of Jan, 2019

Maple Call Inc. is a Canada Corporation filed on October 30, 2018. The company's filing status is listed as Active and its File Number is 1107224-2. The company's principal address is 4214 Showdown Ave, Windsor, ON N9G 3B2 CA.

The company has 1 principal on record. The principal is Nazariy Bilobran from Windsor ON.

• As
      31st of Jan, 2019

@rbisca where can i find this info.?
    do you know their GST HST number?
    on the bill i received, i was charged GST, HST and QST. isn't it rediculous?

@asten i google it

31st of Jan, 2019

I stayed on the phone 1.5 hours reached number one from 78th and then they moved me to 68 again. I don't think they're trying to talk to us.
    I don't even understand how do I pay them? I don't use checks anymore just internet banking. Their name is not recognizable by RBC. Did they keep NECC account number? Not sure... don't want to send money to NECC and figure out I still owe them.
    And I don't want to buy checks just to pay them ($50 CAD). What an idiots!!!

4th of Feb, 2019

@AlexBond Dear valuable customer! Please provide us with your contact phone number and your customer ID and we will contact you back. You may also write us directly at [protected]@mapleCall.com and our team of experts will assist you with all questions and concerns.

31st of Jan, 2019

looks like there is a site: https://maplecall.com/services/

31st of Jan, 2019

I got an invoice too. Address - a P.O. Box in Toronto. No HST registration number as required by law.
    I could buy or hack a customer database, get a P.O. Box and start sending invoices with fictitious account numbers, etc. in a hope that somebody would pay.

5th of Feb, 2019

@Alexei60 Dear valuable customer!

31st of Jan, 2019

there is a legit website https://maplecall.com, same info as in the invoice

31st of Jan, 2019

after one hour, i got disconnected...

31st of Jan, 2019

BTW I checked address 4214 Showdown Ave, Windsor, ON N9G 3B2 CA on Google Maps street view and this is just small private house in quiet neighborhood. Doesn't look like a serious business.

• Ev
      31st of Jan, 2019

Hello, I too was a NECC Canada customer and also received a bill with months changes that wasn't the same agreement with NECC Canada. I called MapleCall started at caller number 84 and 70 minutes later I got through. I explained to the agent that when I was with NECC I was being billed on a per call basis not a month plan. The agent took a look at my bill and removed all monthly cost and corrected the billing as to what I had with NECC Canada. Currently they are NOT setup for Bank Bill Payments only cheque or credit-card. I plan to pay any future bills by cheque and postal-mail service. I didn't have a bad experience talking to the agent and I'm give 5 stars. I am disappointed that NECC Canada didn't notify their customer about the changes.

31st of Jan, 2019

@Evan913 @Evan913: if I get your address and send you a fictitious invoice without an HST number, without any details, and tell that I accept cheques only - will you mail me a cheque? :-)

31st of Jan, 2019

@Evan913 @Evan613: On the second thought, do you work for Maple Call by any chance? I thought it would not hurt to ask.

That's how it looks

• Mi
      31st of Jan, 2019

just received bill from maple call inc seems like fraud .stoped calling throu ness long time ago.the bill has no calls information.highly recommend to call police.

5th of Feb, 2019

@Michael Darinski Dear valuable customer!
    Please provide us with your contact phone number and your customer ID and we will contact you back. You may also write us directly at [protected]@maplecall.com and our team of experts will assist you with all questions and concerns.

31st of Jan, 2019

I sent an on-line message to NECC Telecom U.S.
    I do not think that they would share info even if they know, so I hinted that the situation with NECC Canada may cast a shadow on their company, and they should share what they know.

• Ha
      31st of Jan, 2019

I have canceled my service with NECC two years ago and I got an invoice from Maple Call. for $8.45. It seems that Maple Call bought NECC. What is this? Is this a spam.

31st of Jan, 2019

I do not see any ways of stopping invoices (I am not going to spend over 1 hour on the phone!).
    So I will:
    1) Send a "cease or desist" letter to the P.O. Box mentioned in the invoice.
    2) Immediately contact Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre on-line or call them - for the record.
    3) Elevate the issue to the police as a potentially fraudulent activity if I get another invoice in a month.

31st of Jan, 2019

@Alexei60 By the way my NECC account was dormant for 3 (three) years.

Ways to report fraud
    Eastern Time

Online - CAFC Fraud Reporting System

• Ri
      31st of Jan, 2019

hi. I have same problem I have credit before N.E.E.EC I did not get bill last month, I just get bill maple call inc. I could not expect this bill too high. please contact my mail, [protected]@gmail.com

31st of Jan, 2019

We did not use NECC for 3 years and disconnect our phone, but just received invoice for January 2019 from Maple Call Inc.
    Looks like Maple Call Inc. took NECC database of clients and started to send invoices charging recurring service fees to the people who are not even signed up for it. Since there is no way to reach them and solve problems, report fraud:

• Li
      1st of Feb, 2019

Hello,
    I'm in same situation, I don't want to repeat it. Invoice received 31St of January with February 2nd due date. I am with NECC for several years. I'm from Montreal area. Can we make a complaint to consumers protection bureau ?
    I don't intend to pay. But I don't know exactly what to do.
    Lydia