manufactured homeWhy ME?

1 Review updated:

so too bad i had no clue, and have been goin through the same situation what should i do, what have you done? my name is kayla sullivan [protected]. i went to view a friend home that the had repoed and started discusing everything. Donna seemed like such a sweet heart, i thought she was really helping me. i found out real quick that she was only taking advantage of me! I viewed the home in Jan. filled out my paper work from feb to about May, mailed in my deposit then she kept avoiding me over and over. i tried to be understanding but getting sick all at the same time! Im 21 years old single mother with no help i dont need to be getting screwd over like this! she said the kept saying the hold up was a previous med bill that had been paid off and closed over a year ago. no there phones are disconnected and i have no idea of how to get my money back if you have any helpful info please help me!!!

Comments

• Wo
      Jun 18, 2009

if you did any postal type correspondence, go after them for fraud.
    I know it used to be if anything was done by mail, you could get them for mail fraud. Not sure if that is still the case..
    good luck, and dont buy from sears no matter what you do ..read the horror stories. ask for return policies and get it in writing..

Apr 13, 2010
    manufactured home - Repairs not completed
    Clayton Homes
    Fayetteville
    North Carolina

I bought a Clayton Manufactured Home four years ago and this place is falling apart. The two back doors are rotting from the bottom up. Now I have black mold growing around my baseboards and the floor is roting out. They never honored the repair orders from the past. The blower on the fireplace never did work. The kitchen cabinets between the den and the kitchen fell down from the ceiling. They did repair that. Now the molding fell off the cabinets. The ceiling where it was put together looks real bad and it has been redone twice.
    This has been a ery depressing investment!!!

• Mo
      Sep 26, 2013

Wow, I have seen a lot of complaints about Clayton now, that's the most common, I have run into the same thing with Titan, fighting with them over a year now, I went through all the proper channels and the Maine Manufactured Housing board dudes showed UP WITH the seller and manufacturer...so much for an independent audit. Attny General no use - referred me to Governor's office. Contacted local HUD, can't help...anyway, not going into my problems - SEEMS WITH THIS MANY COMPLAINTS ABOUT SHODDY WORKMANSHIP AND PRODUCTS WE CAN FORM ONE VOICE AND FILE A CLASS ACTION SUIT? Where do we go? How do we contact others that have this problem and tackle this issue together as one unit?