Manicures, Pedicures & Waxing / Unlawful health practices and unprofessionalism

1 8540 Ogden Avenue, Lyons, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: (708) 853-9060

This is to report the two owners (Andy and his wife) that they are breeding an undercover business, hiding behind a nail saloon -- a vocational career they've been doing since teenagers. They do have artistic skills in creating a gorgeous hand of nails... however, they forget simple things that will result in a risk for your life. First off, their child is running around with toys and food, screaming and creating a huge loud, unpleasant scene. On top of it, they are rude and do not say very much to you. They even "great" you with their heads unturned... making you wonder if you've been acknowledge and placed a request to be scene and get services. During a few of my times in which I got my nails done by then, she has cut me with the razor and Andy had pressed to hard on my finger when he was putting on a full set of nails on, driving some nail drill into my nail bed. The nail drill punchered through my finger, leaving close to 1/2 inch gash. There was blood all over. I couldn't believe it. It was a medieval and painful experience. It even got infected and I had to go to urgent care. I would think carefully about going to Gorgeous Nails. Do not get yourself in risk to be butchered!!!

Comments

• Su
      Aug 20, 2011

How can your nails be punchered about 1/2 inch deep(through)? I'm a nail technician myself, and I have never seen that happened before. That's impossible!

Sep 02, 2011

What a hateful and vengeful testimony--I have to wonder what the real reason is that you are complaining. I have been a client for over 6 years--a very satisfied one at that. I have never been hurt by them. My manicures, pedicures and waxings have been top notch, better than high priced salons--that is the reason I have followed them from the shop they used to work at, which was also excellent, to their own business. Everything is immaculate, they work extremely hard, they are kind (especially if you are kind!) and they go out of their way to please. I have been there when their little girl was there--she was cute, watching cartoons on the computer and only engaged the clients when talked to. Give them a break--many people have to care for children at their business at times when they cannot be cared for elsewhere. I have done it myself. I encourage anyone who reads this to experience the great job that they do by going to Gorgeous Nails and refuting this claim that I personally think is a lie.