Manheim Riverside Marketing / Consumer Rewards Program

1 Montclair, NJ, United States Review updated:

My son received a letter and a check dated 3/31/10 the letter stated that he had won a prize of $8000.00 from Consumer Rewards Program enclosed was a check for $987.79 to be cashed to pay the taxes and processing fee before the lump sum winning could be sent to him. Payments should be made directly to his tax agent then he had to fax the tax payment receipt to the fax number that was at the top of the letter. Once that was done he should contact Claims Agent Rachel Mittchell at [protected] and she would give him further instructions on how to claim his grand prize. The letter was suppose to be sent from the clearing/disburesement institution to release the funds to him. Does any one know who the Proper Authorities are to report these people. My son is in his early 20's it is so easy to get them into trouble especially when it comes to money.

Comments

• St
      5th of Apr, 2010

I just received the same type of letter in the mail. Having lived in California for so many years, I think everything is a scam. My question, exactly what happened. Of course, I am in the process of reporting them, but I am just curious. You may never get resolution for your son, but here is a site that you might want to visit and start the fraud report process. I just don't want this to happen to anyone else and I am sorry that someone took advantage of your son. Having been there, around his age, it is not a good feeling. Good luck. The website is:

Leah Storey, [protected]@gmail.com

• Da
      5th of Apr, 2010

Hello, I received a check also with the same amount on it as your son did. Is this a scam or is it legit? I have the check with me and I am not doing nothing with it till then? Please mail me at [protected]@shentel.net and let me know something.

• Sm
      5th of Apr, 2010

I received the same exact letter dated the same day and the same amount with the same contact info. I feel pretty confident that it is a scam. You should never have to pay money to receive a winning.

5th of Apr, 2010

Just wanted to provide more information to everyone. I continued to research the information. On my letter, it lists the city as Brantford, but the contact phone number, 905-781-6557, and it is actually Brampton, ON. It is a wireless. I also looked up the fax number, 206-600-4617, and it is in Seattle, WA. Also, you might want to check out these links and you can read more on how these numbers have been used with other names and companies. Obviously, the letter is a scam. I have reported to the US Post Office, my Attorney General and Federal Trade Commission. Please do the same and hope that no one else is preyed on by these people.

I am sure if you look up the numbers on your letters, you can find a plethora of information on how they are a scam.

5th of Apr, 2010

Sorry, here is another link with the same fax number, but with a different address and different company name; however, the name Brian Mayers is the same that was listed on my letter.

/URL removed/

• Li
      5th of Apr, 2010

hello everyone i had gotten the same letter today..in the mail..i had called this so call racheal person and she told me that reacheal was outta of the office today that her name was lauren and she would help me...anyways i was all excited thinking i as going to pay off my bills...but when i told my mom about this letter she told me it dont make sense to pay taxes on free money...so i called lauren and i told her that it seems like a scam and she told me that she can send me a form to fill out and i can pick two stores and receive their top prize from that store...so i told her that i will talk to her soon...i just wanted to do some research on this..i was scammed before and the bank accussed me of frauding the bank and i have to repay all that money back from a preivous experience...so i just want to let you all know please becareful...im going to call lauren back tommorrow and see if she will send me back anymore information and i hope this way its more evidence towards them finding out who keeps doing these horriable things to ppl..thanks everyone...if you have any more information or want to know what happens after i contact them back tommorrow please email me at [protected]@netzero.net thanks...

• Pr
      5th of Apr, 2010

my mother just recieve one also for $8, 000, I knew it was a SCAM!!! when she open it.You have to watch out for people like this they have nothing better to do, then too try to squeeze sum money out of you like the economy is not bad already!

• Dg
      6th of Apr, 2010

My wife recieved a letter also from an Manhiem Riverside Marketing, when i called this number they were real hesitant on giving me more information as to how and when they got my wife's info and as to what excatly do the market and for who. Needless to say the lady hung up on me and when i tried to call back we couln't get through to any one. This is totaly a scam!, the check dosen't have a bank's name to be drawn on

• Dh
      6th of Apr, 2010

Has anyone tried cashing the chack at all?

• So
      6th of Apr, 2010

I got the same letter. Knew it was a scam but had to emtertain myself in finding out. Waste of time. I hope others see these comments and don't become victims.

• Rm
      7th of Apr, 2010

I'm in Arizona and received the same letter and check. I, too, was hopeful it was real as I have debts to pay. But am wise enough to agree that if it's too good to be true, it usually is not true. What I'm trying to understand is what do the rat-### scammers get out of this? Is it just raising false hopes of poor unsuspecting folks or do they somehow financially profit from people calling the phone number listed?

I will also report them to my post office and attorney general.

• Dr
      8th of Apr, 2010

If no one is using these phone numbers could you send them to me, Please...

• Dh
      10th of Apr, 2010

Why do you think i would be going to prison for trying to cash the check? i didn't do anything wrong. i received a letter stating why i got the check and the check looks legitimate to me, therefore since i didn't forge or make the check i am not liable for any discrepancies. i believe the person that wrote and/or signed the check would be considered the perpetrator, if the check isn't real.

• Th
      12th of Apr, 2010

I live in Miami, Fl and received the same letter and check. As many checks and winnings
    as these crooks are saying they are giving out, they would be broke. Wake Up and Smell
    the coffee. It is a scam!

• Ka
      12th of Apr, 2010
    Manheim Riverside Marketing - Scam/Check
    Manheim Riverside Marketing
    Alabama

I received a letter with a check for$987.79 for a Consumer Rewards Program. Instructions indicate that taxes and a processing fee will have to be payed before receiving a lump sum check for $8000.00. A receipt for the tax payment should be faxed to 206-600-4617. I should contact Arethra Reed at 905-781-6557 as soon as receiving this notice. The check has NO bank routing number or bank name. The letter is signed by Promotion Manager Brian Mayers.

• In
      5th of May, 2010

5 May 2010 - I hear a lot of doubt from people but no one is reporting on whether or not they checked it out or what the out come was. I too got one of these letters and talked on the phone to a Rachel Reid. She told me to deposit the check and when it cleared I was to call her back and get the information of a tax agent in my area. The way she explained it was that it is like the taxes you have to report when you win at gambling. Okay - fair enough - I deposited the check, and being careful not to spend any of it if the check didn't clear I am waiting the 2 to 3 days she told me it would take to clear.
    Summary of experience so far: I got the check in the mail, I called the numbere provided, I was told to deposit the check, I did. If it clears great I got money in my pocket, if it doesn't clear I report it to the bank and to the cops. Also if the check does clear I will also contact the state gaming commission to verify if the second part of contacting the "tax agent" is legit. I figure on checking this out through the whole process.
    The company that sent my check and letter was from Brock Marketing 6754 Carlson Lane, Pickering, ON L1V2AB. Phone: 1 905 598-1718. Fax: 1 206 600-4617.
    I'll let you all know what the out come is.

• In
      5th of May, 2010

Mica 1755 - I think depositing a check that doesn't clear isn't a crime. Duh -

It would be like depositing a check someone wrote you and then it was returned for insufficient funds. You wouldn't get credit for the deposit. Just don't spend the money until the check clears. Oh yes - and you wouldn't go to jail either.

No if you wrote a check and cashed it and you knew you didn't have the funds to cover it and it is found to be an intentional repeated offense then you could get charged with passing bad checks.

• To
      8th of Oct, 2010

MY HUSBAND JUST RECEIVED THIS SAME LETTER & CHECK, WAS SO EXCITED HE DEPOSITED RIGHT AWAY. I KNEW THIS WAS A SCAM AND CALLED THE NUMBER (905) 781- 6329 AND WAS SUPPOSED TO TALK TO ANITA BRIDGES BUT SHE WAS UNAVAILABLE. I WAS TOLD TO WAIT A COUPLE DAYS AND MY HUSBAND WOULD RECEIVE A PHONE CALL DIRECTING HIM HOW MUCH HE WOULD NEED TO PAY IN TAXES & PROCESSING FEE BEFORE HE COULD RECEIVE THE REST OF LUMP SUM. I WAS SKEPTICAL SO I CALLED THE BANK AND THEY TOLD ME THIS WAS A SCAM AND IT IS AMAZING HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE TARGETED. THE TELLER FROM THE BANK CANCELLED THE DEPOSIT ON THE CHECK AND MAILED IT BACK. SHE SAID MY HUSAND WOULD OF HAD TO PAY A FEE IF THE CHECK WAS DEPOSITED AND THEN RETURNED BECAUSE IT WAS FAKE. PLEASE DO NOT FALL FOR THIS, IT IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!

• Va
      2nd of Mar, 2011

Well Anita Bridges is back with a new scam. I just rec'd a fax on how this woman was diagnosed with cancer and decided to donate her $9.8 million to our company to do the good work of God.