Manhattan Mitigation Corp. / Mortgage mitigation fraud

1 1250 BROADWAYNew York, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 516-983-6262

Manhattan mitigation is my former employer and i left due to the fact i discovered they were not being honest in the pitch of their business and were breaking laws that are basic references in real estate law and disclosure practices.

From the onset of my employment, i explained to them that the clients i bring in will be from a long span of contacts that know and respect me as a banker and real estate professional. Based on me laying everything i expected on the line, i started to bring in business. It was immediate that i discovered their shady practices and i had already brought in several clients. I was able to protect most but several were severely burnt.

They took people's retainer that was supposed to have a 100% money back guarantee to be held in an escrow account and never returned calls or told everyone things looked good. They did not disclose what account the retainer was held in as businesses naturally do because they had it spent before they got it.

I am filing this complaint because a good friend of mine brought me his business and as a result of his trust, his home after six months was foreclosed on and is left with a huge debt because manhattan mitigation failed to do anything for him.

This is insane and nothing is being done about it!!!

The company is run by extremely shady individuals. Currently it is run by kenneth wolk [protected].

Comments

• Ve
      13th of May, 2009

This I found extremely interesting, but I feel very wrong. I was having trouble with my mortgage, and was referred to Manhattan Mitigation by a friend. While they were charging up-front cost, I feel it was very worth it. They were able to bring my rate from 9.75% to 4%. I saved nearly 400 dollars a month. Some people do not like paying for services, and at first I was afraid because of everyhting you hear, but I did come up with the money and I got results. For me it was well worth it.
    I know people can do this on their own, and for some people that may be the best way to go. If i had the time and the knowledge, I would have. People are losing their homes everyday, and that is sad. We almost lost ours. I know the feeling, the pain, the struggle. For me, a little money for someone to do the work was worth it. I knew about the money back garuntee too, and was told that some people could not be helped. For me, I was willing to do what I needed to do, and try any way possible to save my home. It took longer then they told me it would, and that frustrated me, but I understand that there are tons of people in my situation. Thank God for me, it worked.

About this post, it confuses me. It seems like a disgruntled employee or something. They said that from the get-go it seemed bad, but yet they referred a friend to use it... it just doenst add up to me. But I do feel sorry for the person that lost their house, I would be so mad if I did too. I also do not know who this Kenneth guy is. The number I used for it was 212-542-2000. I looked up the number you gave, and it is someones cell phone.

I will not give out my agents name, but she really saved me and my family.

• Su
      14th of May, 2009

I disagree with the person who wrote this complaint. I also assume this is a disgruntled employee. My friend was helped by this caring company and I was refferred to them by her. They not only stayed in contact with me througout the entire process, they had also given me advice and educated me about the banking system. Though it took a few months to obtain a modification (because the lenders are very far behind) I was very happy to have saved $465 a month!! I commend this company and the people who work there. I now have a low fixed rate for the life of the loan. I have heard horror stories about other companies in this industry, but this company saved my house.
    Thank you!

• Ib
      30th of May, 2009

I hope the former is employee is not telling the true. The employee who was helping me left the company not so long ago. I gave 2, 550. for them to help me get a modification. the money would be a retained in a escrow account. I was told if we don't get a loan modification we would get our get our money back. Reading this complaints worry s me. The main number dosen't work anymore 212 542-2000 because office moved in April to long island the 631-760-5800 you get a machine all the time. The number 1800 679-4900 you get a busy 24 hrs a day. I prayer that the former employee is just angry and that everything in the complaint was incorrect. I trusted in manhattan mitigation because I didn't look for them. I apply for a refiance with Lend America and they send my files to them in jan 09. The employee told me i be better offer doing a modification because it would take 10-20 days. and the FHA loan would take four mos. It's being 2 mos that I being waiting for modification they said it's my bank that taking so loan. I hope it true since I was told I can't get touch with my lender. That always worry me. The two employee that help me with the paper work sound sincer and I believed and trust in them.

• Ho
      30th of May, 2009

I assure you that the employee was dead on!! The same thing happened to me and I am intouch with a couple other people and we are starting a class action lawsuit. My advise is that after the 10-20 days and nothing, get the hell out and get your money back. THEY WILL NOT HELP YOU!! MODIFICATION GUIDELINES HAVE CHANGED. THEY HAVE NO POWER...

• Ha
      2nd of Jun, 2009

I thoroughly disagree. Manhattan Mitigation did a phenomenal job and helped me and my family stay in our home!!! I found out about them bc a friend of mine worked for them and we got to talking about how i was aboutto fall behind on my mortgage payement bc i had an interesdt rate that was about to adjust in a few months. she told me she could take the file and that i was a perfect candidate. Well I gave her 1750 and within 4 mos i had a new interest rate FIXED not adjustable anymore i went from a 7% that skyrocketed to a 9.5% down to a fixed 5% for 30 years. I am so happy that i found man mit and so happy that i was patient with them and that they fixed my problem! I think anyone that posts something bad on this site is bitter and probably was probably a sam artist to begin with and really didnt qualify for their home to begin with. You all should be ashamed of yourselves you think that by giving a company money they are going to fix all of your problems?! get informed and know your options. I will enjoy another handful of great years in my wonderful house thanks to them :-)

• Cu
      4th of Jun, 2009

I must say that i'm not sure what is going on myself. Gaved my money ending of march 2009, here I am in june and still no modification yet. So I am waiting until the end of this month to see what action to take. I also dont understand why is it there numbers afto keep on changing an not letting us know, instead of calling and phone keep on ringing or not in service. Well, I'm hoping to god they are realy sincere to us in these hard time and not just using it only to profit from us. Today is June/4/09, and I call the number which is on my documents and it is not in service!

9th of Jun, 2009

I havebeen in this sence November 08.They keep telling me that becuse of the stimuless package they have to wate untill it gets worked out before they can do anything. I have not herd for them in 2 weeks and there phone numbers on longer work. The only thing left to do is to take leagule action. If any one knows how to contact them let me know please contact me. arthurpwebb@aol.com

• Sh
      10th of Jun, 2009

I have given those jerks $2000 and now their phone numbers do not work!!! if anyone has a way to contact anyone, please let me know. jara8803@comcast.net

• We
      10th of Jun, 2009

We too were fool. I called our bank no one from manhattan mitigation ever got in touch with them for a modification. Last week i could get in touch with anyone. On 6 / 8 i call again all the phone are discontined. The 8oo # is busy all the time. They must move and change their # every two months. All the employers for manhattan mitigation should know god dosen't like ugly what you do to hurt people comes back to you.

• Lg
      11th of Jun, 2009

Manhattan Mitigators has ruined me. I gave them all the money I had. $1, 950. for them to help save my home. I don't know what to do now. We are going to lose our house and they have vanished with my money. If anyone figures out how to get ahold of them, please let me know. lgeorgopoulos@live.com. We have to figure out what to do about this. We can't let them get away with this.

• Ro
      11th of Jun, 2009

Manhattan mitigation burned us bigtime its been 6 months of thier bs i am currently loosing my home, i am investigating ken wolk! Allof his phone numbers are dissconected even his home #witch i tracked down he lives in port washington long island i awill post his address as i recieve from investigator i will post contact info on this page leave contact info when you file complaint lawsuite this is real this operation is just another ponzi scheme as the money was being spent as soon as you paid

• Di
      16th of Jun, 2009

we have been delaing with Man Mit. since November of 2008. all we ever heard was wait two more weeks, or your file is mixed in with 100's of others. They actually seemed annoyed when we pushed them. THis week we find out THEY ARE GONE..banged up shop, they have $3, 000 of our hard earned money. We know the actual bank was working with them, and we are told they still will be. What to believe? I want answers. I will get to the bottom of this one way or another.
    Very scary times we are living in.

Diane Rainey
    Northern NJ

• Di
      16th of Jun, 2009

PEOPLE-check your spelling! OMG..

24th of Jun, 2009

I need evreyone who has been riped off by Manhattan Mitigation to contact me. It is very importent.arthurpwebb@aol.com

24th of Jun, 2009

If you have been riped off by Manhattan Mitigation please contact me. I have information you need! If we work togther we can get them. arthurpwebb@aol.com

• At
      30th of Jun, 2009

They spun off into manhattan modification, not mitigation. Same Principal, and are located on Old Country Road in Garden City.

• Lo
      1st of Jul, 2009

We started the loan modification process with Manhatten Mitigation in January 2009. They have never responded to us. We have called phone numbers, emailed etc but to no avail. You always get told to wait a little longer that they are working on it. Wait for what? You can call the mortgage company for free and get the answer on your loan yourself. Which by the way the mortgage company has no records of them EVER contacting them.We are disputing our Visa charges and it cracks me up that after all this time they have never once responded us BUT they did respond to the Visa dispute. Should be interesting when we get the paper work to see what prove they have of services rendered. I will be willing to take them to court if we do get the money back!

2nd of Jul, 2009
    manhattan mitigation - fraud
    manhattan mitigatin
    New York

I am uppdating my last posting. Anyone that his been ripped of by them must contact the Manhattan District Attorneys office at 212-335-8900. Give them complaint number 24077. Then tell thm your story and give them all the details of your dealings with them. Then you should file a complaint with the New York State Attorney Generals office. You can look them up at www.oag.state.ny.us. Follow the links to the complaint form's and fill them out. Make copy's of all of your paper work. You can call them at 1-800-771-7755. The owner of Manhation Mitigation is Kenneth Wolk. He is responsable for this. I have been in contact with over 20 people tha have been ripped off so far. If you need to contact me my email address is arthurpwebb@aol.com or you can call me at 631-283-6787.

2nd of Jul, 2009

If you have been ripped off by Manhattan Mitigation. You must contact the Manhattan Disrict Attorneys office at 212-335-8900. Give them complaint number 24077.Then tell them your story and give them all the names and details of your dealings with them. Then you need to file a complaint with th New York State Attorney Generals office. Look them up at www.oag.state.ny.us. Follow the links to the complaint form's. Fill out the form's and make copy's of all of your paper work. You can call them at 1-800-771-7755. I have been in contact with over 20 people that have been ripped off so far. You can email me arthurpwebb@aol.com

• Da
      9th of Jul, 2009

The guy who took my money's name is Tony, and his cell phone number is 516-542-8193. He took over 2600 dollars for a modification for my home, and after 7 months, my lender National City Mortgage is calling me for a sale date on my property. I don't know how these people sleep at night, I can NEVER get ahold of anyone, and I hope that this class action lawsuit goes through. The people that say this company is good to go seem to me to be current employees or the owner trying to do damage control. If they are so legit, they should have no problem in court with the lawsuit.