Mango / lazy service

South Africa Review updated:

I booked a flight with Mango 2 days ago
I arrived at the check-in counters 25 minutes before departure and i was refused my boarding pass because apparently check-in was closed. When i mentioned the time and said that there was plenty of time before the plane even left i was told that this flight didnt have much passengers therefore they closed early and couldnt wait for anyone else. Since when does a passenger not have a say because there were few passengers onboard?
Whether there's one one or 10 passengers that's boarding a flight, we all have an equal right to get on that plane because we all paid.
There were 4 passengers left behind that day because some staff members wanted to leave early and ofcourse we were told that nothing could be done and that we lost our money because "we should learn from our mistake and not be late" even though we weren't really late. While i agree that 40 minutes before departure is the check-in time, we cannot control traffic and road works and not everyone has time to waste, sitting in an airport 2 hours before your flight. Some of us have things to do. The people at the boarding gates were willing to let people go through if you had your boarding pass but thanks to a few incompetant lazy workers, we didnt have ours
Mango has lost 4 customers and possibly more because alot of people will be hearing about this incident.
Trisha

Comments

• Go
      Aug 05, 2011

That is standard practice for flights. Most airlines these days have a policy set in stone that you cannot board a plane after a set time. You 'agree that 40 minutes before departure is the check in time' which seems to be standard and well known. Airlines cannot help traffic and other problems you face getting to the airport; it is YOUR responsibility.

• Us
      Aug 05, 2011

Make it on your scheduled time next time and let this be a lesson for you. Using the traffic is the lamest excuse to start an argument. The world wouldn't stop to wait for you just because you got caught in a traffic.

• Tr
      Aug 08, 2011

Actually 30 minz was the standard time, it has only been changed to 40 recently.
    The point i'm trying to make is that if the people at the boarding gates are willing to help you, surely the people at the counters should try to, it's not as if we got there when the plane was ready for take off.
    And it's only a 'lame excuse' when it doesnt happen to you
    S*hit happens people, we cant always be perfect and on time, and a little help/assistance for when that happens goes a long way.

• Go
      Aug 09, 2011

Minz? Airlines have to complete safety and security checks and submit paperwork before the plane takes off.

Yes, crap happens and when it does, we just have to deal with it!

• Tr
      Aug 10, 2011

Yes i was aware of all that before.

And that is what i am doing. i didnt like something and I'm complaining about it!

• Fi
      Mar 07, 2016

I am appalled at the service this company gives a person. What more does a person have to do to get this airline to assist you?

I will never ever recommend or use this airline ever again. This was the first time I ever used them and impressions was terrible.

Further, I cannot get my money back from them..

They are thieves.

• Fi
      Mar 07, 2016

Further, I cannot get my money back from them..

• Ad
      May 05, 2016

Reference 3655:Pierre Muller

Booked return flight from OR Tumbo to Capetown on 28/04/16 return
    02/05/16. Upon return, arrived 45 minutes before closing. The check-in dep. refused to book us in. Said we were too late. We had to buy another ticket to return 03/05/16 for R4444.00. Paid R450 again for transport and R1000-00 to sleep over. Unfair

• Pi
      May 06, 2016

Very poor service and must say will never fly with them again as I have heard on several such negative reviews of unfair behaviour from Mango Airlines!! You need to broadcast this on Facebook social media and where ever!!! Very bad in that they are stealing peoples money this way!!!