manahawkin nursing and rehab / illegal mexican aliens

1 Hwy 72Manahawkin, NJ, United States Review updated:

company has at least 15 illegal mexican immigrants employed there, this is a nursing home/health care facility.Everyone else employed there had to have a criminal background check, because of the vulnerability of these residents.These people come in very close contact with the patients..entering and cleaning their rooms, working in the kitchen ...etc. they are also taking hours from union paid employees.How does this facility get away with this? do we know if they have a criminal past? an answer would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

Li

More manahawkin nursing and rehab Complaints & Reviews

Comments

An
  27th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree -2 Votes

I agree with this complaint. There are a rediculous amount of immigrants there that work under maintance. I use to work for this company intill a fellow employee made a major mistake. FOr this employees actions me and another incent employee was fired from are jobs even though the person admited to his actions and we werent involved. This place also does not miss pays there employees. When doing pay roll they dont look at the punch in machion. They go by the hours you were schuedueled for. So the time you put in for other employee call outs will be losed enless fixed on the schueduel.
I also know a fellow employee that recieved a warning for mis punching and if she missed punch that pay will not be on here pay check.
There was another cituation where an employee was working a massive amount of hours and he was not getting payed the right amount of money on his pay check. it got so bad that he was missing 300+. So he called the head of the company and they fired him.

Agree Disagree +1 Votes

An elderly should have a better place to spend their last days.

Agree Disagree +2 Votes

To "Anymous" that posted on Nov. 2008 : I guess they fired YOU because you are an ignorant that didn't finish school. Watch your grammar and ortography, it is horrible! Go back to school and learn how to write and read. There's a lot of ignorants like you working in that facility.
To general public: That place is crowded with nurse aids that do NOTHING but SMOKE outside meanwhile the residents are dying inside. The facility would be better if the owner fired all, I repeat, ALL the nurses and nurse aids, starting from the DON Barbara who smokes outside more that 6 times a day, next the ADON Ruby that cover up all that "her girls" do wrong, and all the good-for-nothing nurse aids. There's only a couple of nurse aids that really work and love what they are doing, the rest of them are not worthed. The residents deserve better.

Agree Disagree +1 Votes

To "Lisa" who posted the complain: just a couple of questions for you, How do you know they are "illegal" immigrants? Did you ask them for their ID's or work permit? The fact that they don't speak a fluent English does not mean in any way that they are illegal. They did pass a background check before start to work. The union fee is deducted from their paychecks as everybody else in the facility. Federal discrimination laws provide basic rights to these employees, they have the right to work free of discrimination. These mean that nobody can make any complain or comment based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or age. This right apply to all type of job decisions including firing, hiring, promotions, training, wages and benefits. In the other hand, THEY have the right to complain against your comment in this web page, they have the right to complain about treatment thay they believe is a job discrimination. If this complain about "illegal mexicans" remains in this webpage, we would legally present a complain against you and this webpage.

Jd
  16th of Jul, 2012

This place is a disgusting establishment. My grandmother was rushed to the hospital today from this poor excuse of a nursing home. She was complaining of stomach pain. When we got to the hospital they said she was severely dehydrated, has a bladder infection and her kidneys may be shutting down. The hospital nurse said when she called the staff at the nursing home they had no idea when they gave my grandmother her last dose of medication. My grandmother has a heart condition and takes a regimen of blood thinners and baby aspirin. The hospital said her blood was coagulating, so we called the nursing home and one of the idiot nurses said they haven't given her plavix (blood thinner prescribed by her cardiologist) for some time, only the baby aspirin. So this place also takes it upon themselves to dispense the residents their medications however they want. My grandmother will not be returning to the hell hole when or if she is ever released from this hospital. If you or anyone you know is shopping around for a nursing home/rehabilitation center for someone you love or even like a little, please I beg you, DONOT BRING THEM HERE!!!

Il
  7th of Jun, 2013
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Illegal aliens is the least of this place problem. The assistant administrator Catherine Fitzgerald walks around with an ID badge claiming she is a "nurse liaison". This was reported to numerous people/ hire ups, she steals patients money(p&a accounts) for her own gain, not to mention she has a criminal record as long as Al Capone's. The owner is kicked out of owning anything in Massachusetts related to Medicare fraud. Not to mention this facility treats there hard workers like crap, they hold bonuses/pay just to f*** with people. However the assistant administrator is the number one reason that this facility is crap. She harasses many employees for the sake of being bored and insanely jealous because she is a very ugly woman on the outside and inside, so if you are a pretty nurse or aide she automatically be coming after you., I honestly don't how this lady can live with herself, good news is many people right now are leaving this hostile work environment caused by that moose knuckle Catherine, to move onto much greener pastures.

Fu
  7th of Jun, 2013

Catherine Fitzgerald, the assistant administrator of MNR center is nothing but an uneducated, ugly, evil, slob. The owner, Micheal Konig, should be embarrassed that he has gotten so involved with her financially, that he has no choice but to keep her on as an employee. His company continuously falls apart, loses staff, and is under investigation, because of Catherine. We have had 3 state employees in our building for 2 days, pulling chart after chart, because Catherine was signing off on residents POA. One of these residents, the family sent a check for 5000 dollars. The check went missing. Catherine cashed it. Our financial keeper, Ms. Krausman, knew it was her but decided to let it slide so he could have something on her. She has stolen a petty cash check from an older employee, whom Catherine fired, because that money was owed to the activities director for spending her own money on the residents. The check came in and went missing. When investigated, Catherine cashed it then fired her. We have had our computers seized. Though her personal laptop with the financial dealings, should be also seized. The Ombudsman has been after her for years. The building is covered in black mold. So not only is your family member getting robbed, the building is slowly killing them. She steals from staff. She steals from residents. She's the most disgusting person alive. And then you have the poor pathetic ###s who jump to kiss her ###, just so they are guaranteed a job for another month or so. But none of those girls are anything for Catherine to be jealous of. Because anybody that is educated and beautiful, are instantly hated by Catherine. The owner of this building creates position for whores and throws them money, cars, and positions all for sexual favors in return. But then you have the one who got knocked up by him. Ugliest ###, yet she thinks she's gods gift. It's sad to see her walking around during state survey like she had anything to do with how well the nurses are doing. Think twice before sending your family member there.

10th of Jun, 2013

I have a family member in this awful facility, but due to insurance, I am unable to take him home and care for him myself. Due to the lack of importance in the admissions/billing department, my family member has gone blind. All he needed was a simple surgery and since his paperwork was never processed through on time, all the hard work from the nurses, as in, setting up the appointments, gaining medical clearance, obtaining the cardiac appointments needed to ensure it would be safe for the surgery, all went to waste. Just 2 days before his actual surgery, the surgery center had no choice but to cancel because his temporary insurance ran out. The nurses on the floor had ensured me that all department heads were made aware, months prior, that his insurance was almost running out and it needed to be handled as soon as possible. Well Mrs Fitzgerald never did her job and now my family member will be most likely permanently blind. The SW had brought this horrible news to the attention of the owner and his response was nothing. Apparently he could have cared less. I guess he was to busy with his tennis blog of how to play a better game. Mrs Fitzgerald was never reprimanded. It's unbelievable that the lack of professionalism caused by billing and admissions, now my family and especially my family member, will have to suffer with this for the rest of our lives. They should be ashamed of themselves and the state should really take a good look at how the building is being run. The state and ombudsman will be notified and hopefully that woman will finally get some reprocussions for not doing her job appropriately. The only thing she's good for is walking around the building treating the nurses and aids like garbage. She thinks she's so above everyone even tho every last one of them has more class than her. I've never met a more cold hearted human being in my life. Not that I've really met her. She makes it a point to avoid most family members by refusing to take calls and slamming doors in their face. She is a sociopath. That entire staff deserves much better and I'm surprised that they even stay employed by MNR. Every time my family is in there, all they do in the admissions office is talk horrible about people and order food. So I guess she's good at one think. Being a ### and gaining weight. Oh and I've also heard her telling residents that she's a nurse liaison. Which is extremely illegal considering she isn't a nurse and you need for years of a nursing degree. So when she hands out her business cards and follows the doctors into rooms, she breaking HIPPA. I think the state would like to hear that also. Looks like I will be making a phone call very shortly. Khama is coming for her. It's only a matter of time.

Al
  16th of Sep, 2013

I was the maintenance Director and when I was hired to work 8 hours a day the facility started messing with my pay so reported to state labor board doc #358-174 and they had to pay me the money they were stealing from me, after that they started messing with me and tried to fire me so I quit.its hard to work under Catherine aka Baracuda she does use Residents money for food and repair her home how does she get away with it very easy for her petty cash and Michael Konig don't care it's all about the money and women he screws .

Ju
  27th of Feb, 2014

been in this place as a private nurse for a patient and the d.o.n at the time "back in 05 or 06" was a c**t and jealous .she told the company i worked for at the time that she knows me from another company and she wanted me out and i never worked for the company and never saw her in my life..she is an ugly jealous ### and probably fk all the men..i hate that place ..it was cockroach infested too

La
  30th of Jul, 2014

I can't believe all these personal attacks are allowed . The majority of these people are disgruntled ex-employees who didn't do their jobs . Mr. Konig is a wonderful kind and generous man who gave you a job when you needed one. It's disgraceful to de fame him in such a manner, with these negative and un truthful attacks. My Aunt was a resident at Manahawkin for 3yrs. When Medicaid terminated her Mr. Konig allowed my Aunt to stay the remainder of her life Scott FREE!! Where are the comments about those wonderful deeds...no where . As far as this Catherine person stealing, you better have hard core proof before you try to take her lively hood away . I would think it's almost impossible in today's day and age to get away with such a thing . I'm going on my personal experience, I highly recommend Manahawkin Nursing Home, I'd like to see the big chain nursing homes alloy a loved one to stay for free . Thank you Mr. Konig for everything you did for my Aunt and my family. We are forever grateful .

Ka
  15th of Sep, 2014

She robbed from staff and residents. FACT. She fired the lady after she was wondering where the reimbursement check went. She fired her because she was on to her. The most popular resident in the building RJ was stolen from countless times and he will tell you every story. PnA money snatched every month from him. Konig knows she's slimy As can be. And uses it to his advantage. He uses her as the lady pit bull. How is she POA for multiple residents? That's insane she hasn't even removed it off he paperwork. Smdh. When the state asked her about POA for one resident she tells them that's my aunt. State lady wasn't buying that bs. Ask her ex hubby who used to work there. He could sink her whole ship after he was fired from maintenance and hiring illegal Mexicans to save money so they could bring home more money. The comment above this one is must be her because if you worked there you would know they all can't be disgruntled employees.

Po
  10th of Oct, 2014

Good Day, We are an outfit loan, allowing local and Internationalfinancial solutions. We give loans with lower Interest rate at 3% forpersonal loans and business, Xmas Loan, ...Loan to pay your everyday tax BillsWe can help you to solve, even in the bad credit problem. Our method isfast and no collateral.Our processAfter applying, we'll start and then pull your repayment plan Process. Ourstate and will be sent to you, and then your loan Approved and transferredto you.Lending criteria- The minimum amount of personal loan of € 5, 000 and a Maximum of € 150, 000- Amount of loan of € 950, 000 to more commercial(Business organization) You can contact us email via: ponyeefastloan.ch@cash4u.com << <<< ponyeecashloan@gmail.comThank you for your visit, we look forward to doing business with you.Regards, Pon YeeLoan Solution OfficerPon Yee Cash/fast Financial service

Di
  18th of Feb, 2015

This nursing home is absolutely awful I would never put my loved one in there.

Mp
  2nd of Mar, 2015

I stay in manahawkin nr. Rite now and its not all what its made out to be belive me there are a few good aids here but some of them are. Horrible they need to go back to training they let people do whatever they want here. And now they have made a smoking rule, were they take your cigarettes and your only aloud to have one at a time and they take your lighter to but when you hand the lighter back they do not put it back in the bag that your cigarettes are in they just sit it on top and when somebody comes to get a cigarette and a 'lighter they just hand out yours i've had two lighters gone missing in two days that i just bought. Now their only doing this bbecause the other building they owed cought on fire from someone smoking inside they are just doing because they dont want to get sue`d . But dont we have rights they told us that its a state wide thing that thier going to band smoking from nursing homes, or the other option was too give them our cigarettes and we get them one at a time.could someone tell me if this is true.or if we could protest it in anyway...THIS PLACE IS A GOD DAME JOKE.., SOME PLEASE LET ME NO SOMETHING..my email is cuzgirl07@gmail.com thank u

Bi
  14th of Mar, 2015

Catherine needs to be fired again she's a criminal an thief she thinks she owns that nursing home she dates the employees she dating the floor guy now that buffs the floors watch out if she sees u talking to him she will throw u out she a nasty fat mule an she's not going to stop until somebody puts a stop to her an the other workers are scared of here

Fo
  14th of Jul, 2015

I'm guessing that some of these complaints are bogus by former disgruntled employee's, I have worked in a numbered of SNF (Skilled Nursing Facility) over the years as part of a administration team, If such complaints were actual, Why hasn't the DOH (Dept. of Health) and other federal agencies step in to their own investigation of such complaints, I would think if such complaints as these on this forum, I would have believed that the NJ State DOH would have had the doors closed to this facility, if disgruntled employee's have an issue with this employer, the employee should and has a right to make a complaint to the Dept. of Labor, not to come up with bogus complaints to this forum...
Thank-you

Fa
  6th of Oct, 2015

To former SNF worker ... NJ has no standards on Mold FYI call the DOH yourself if you want conformation and as for the rest if you were not there how could you even comment... I have been there and yes 99% are true the 1% I just don't know about. Thank You but do your homework before you post.

Fo
  6th of Oct, 2015
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

I have done my homework and yes I have been in that facility...Im NOT going to argue with you on the standards and the life safety codes of the NJDOH...and if YOU have been there 99% of the time...why wouldn't YOU make call to the NJDOH and or OHSA if there is a mold matter in the facility...I can go on and on about proper procedure and protocol on this topic...I have been in this industry for a number of years...