Manager Mistreating A Customer - Indianapolis / customer service - general dollar store

1 Indianapolis, IN, United States Review updated:

I experienced a horrifying experience last Saturday at the Dollar General in Indianapolis at the store located on 2131 Central avenue. The manager Jeff was berating a woman and yelling at her in front of about 7 customers. For all to see thd woman had her receipt and the manager was upset because she was returning a non working product, apparently for the second time. The manager yelled that he would not do anymore returns, even if she had a receipt.. And that is Not the store policy. He was so nasty but the woman stood her ground about a possible return with regard to store policy and with a God like complex - the manager as though he was doing her a favor said he would do 1 more return. Shaking my head...

The customer was so shakened but tried to remained composed. She was an older African American lady. I do believe he would treated her that way if she was affluent. Shameful.. I could see the other customers were equally disgusted. The crap you have to deal with as a paying customer. I decided after that display, I would go to Walmart or any other store that did not treat its customers so disrespectfully. I will not spend my money in places that do not appreciate or know how to treat its paying customers.

Honestly, I was horrified at the manner of the manager aggressiveness and less customer courtesy for all of us in the store at that time. Absolutely disgusting and totally not managerial.

• Updated by Tracey Palmetto, Aug 11, 2018

I experienced a horrifying experience last Saturday at the Dollar General in Indianapolis at the store located on 2131 Central avenue. The manager Jeff was berating a woman and yelling at her in front of about 7 customers. For all to see the woman had her receipt and the manager was upset because she was returning a non working product, apparently for the second time. The manager yelled that he would not do anymore returns, even if she had a receipt.. And that is Not the store policy. He was so nasty but the woman stood her ground about a possible return with regard to store policy and with a God like complex - the manager as though he was doing her a favor said he would do 1 more return. Shaking my head...

The customer was so shakened but tried to remained composed. She was an older African American lady. I do believe he would not have treated her that way if she was affluent. Shameful.. I could see the other customers were equally disgusted. The crap you have to deal with as a paying customer. I decided after that display, I would go to Walmart or any other store that did not treat its customers so disrespectfully. I will not spend my money in places that do not appreciate or know how to treat its paying customers.

Tr
Aug 11, 2018

Comments

• Sl
      11th of Aug, 2018

I hope he's not married/ no kids to no one. A real ASS.

• Tr
      11th of Aug, 2018

Fine if you want me to be honest with you i will. I admit that the customer was me, not someone else and I admit that there were several times that I have lost my receipt and he allowed the return. But this case was a defective item. I admit that I was caught shoplifting from his store. It is not about being caught. It is about him being suspicious because my skin is black. I would have completely gotten away with it if I were white because he would not suspect a white person to shoplift. Jeff likes picking on women. I bet that he beats and rapes his own mother and grandmother.

• Su
      11th of Aug, 2018

Another one posting a story of woe then claiming it was them.

If you post on a public forum, people comment on those posts. It isn’t policing, it’s repeated behavior. I was going to post that the woman probably did returns with no receipt and they were tired of her breaking rules. Your answer proved you’re a troll. You’ve posted similar stories ending with you saying you were caught shoplifting previously blah blah blah.

Garengg and I enjoy posts by trolls. Entertainment and laughs because of trolls with no life, no friends, just lies in forums to anger them and cause fights. We’re too smart to fall for your bullcrap.

• 9w
      11th of Aug, 2018

@SubSquirrel guess that's why you trolls live here and have no life