Malen and Associates PC / Fraudulent bank of america charges

1 Queens Village, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 516 334 3500 5925

I received a summons to appear in court in Queens NY for a Bank of America credit card charge. I know this is fraudulent because I have not lived in NY for 10 years and never opened a credit card there. They even sent the summons to my mother's new home to which I don't even know the address. I contacted Malen and Associates and was dismissed rather quickly and told that they would send the paperwork to my current address. I never received anything. I googled Malen and Associates and found a slew of scam warnings. I'm now confused as to what I should do next. I'm not sure if there is an actual judgement against me or if this is a ploy to get money.

Comments

• Be
      19th of Nov, 2008

I am trying to help a friend who received a judgment against her dated 10/7. Her bank account has been frozen. She contacted Malen & Assoc. They wouldn't give much information except to say that she owed XX Bank. We went to myfico to get her credit score and she didn't have enough information/credit to generate a score. We called XX Bank with the account number that Malen & Assoc. gave her, but their voicemail says that the account number is invalid. Now we have a copy of the judgment from the bank and the plaintiff is ANOTHER COMPANY (that she has never heard of) and not XX Bank (which she had also never heard of). It is impossible to get more information on where/how the "debt" originated from Malen & Assoc. It just doesn't smell right. I find it interesting that your subpoena is also dated 10/07/08. Have you turned up any other information on Malen & Assoc. We are thinking of writing a complaint to the District Attorney's office.

7th of Oct, 2010

Go to the New York State Banking Commission! Than to the FBI, Than to the Federal Banking Commission. I have been fighting them for Now for 4 years. There methods in court are illegal. I brought proof that the said account had been paid in 2000. Because the judgement had been issued, in 2005 with no response from me because I was NEVER served and proved I was never served, it still stood. They have NO true accounting of what was ever purchased. I had proof that it was paid from a company I took a loan from to pay it. The next step is to further prolong the courts time with another suit, filed by me against them. Or, possible the Banking commission, Might step in. FIGHT BACK!

FIGHT BACK! Stop being a doormat to every [censor] unregulated collection agency. Hear from Diane Meyers lately?

• Ev
      27th of Jul, 2016

I have been paying Malen and Associates monthly for a balance that was accrued on a bank account. I was unable to pay the balance $700 because I was laid off from my job . I came to an agreement to pay 50 to 100 a month and unfortunatley fell behind because of my financial status. Iwas able to finish payments and I was told my balance was paid off a few months ago .Today I receive a call from Malen saying that I owe them $458.76 more!. They said it was interest of 9% and 10 Cents per diem??? I was not told that I was going to have to pay more than what my balance was. I am so upset of how they take advantage of people. How is a 700 balance of a bank debt that I paid off turning into a 20000 plus bill? How do you stop these predators of taking advantage of people?