Malaysia Airlines / flight retimed with an unacceptable time

Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, AU

I initially booked a flight with Malaysia Airlines with the agreed time of 2:05am on Friday 14 April 2017. A few weeks ago, they retimed my flight to 11:25pm on Friday 14 April 2017, that's nearly 24 hours into the future and it derails all my travel plans; connecting flights as well as a wedding that I am attending!

From 14 March 2017, I have been calling their customer service hotline up until today, 31 March 2017. The first several calls, I was assured that I would be able to get on the earlier flight, 11:25pm on Thursday 13 April and I am guaranteed a seat on that flight, I just have to wait for the email confirmation.

Fast forward from 14 March until now, the email confirmation is nowhere to be found in my inbox and with the last customer service staff that I spoke to who was super unhelpful/hostile (like she didn't even bother to help except read off a script) that did not provide me any help except that I had to keep waiting for the confirmation email to come through. In which I said, "I fly out in less than two weeks' time, how much longer am I supposed to wait? Am I supposed to wait till Thursday 13 April for you guys to tell me that there's nothing you can do about it?", the customer service staff could not give me a proper reply except dance around my question.

With no concrete solution and the staff wasn't being helpful, I asked for a refund of my flights and I was told that it would be processed in 3 weeks to 3 months time. I found that highly unfair that I had to be out of pocket with purchasing new flights with another airline because of MAS's stuff up that I am stressing over flights that I shouldn't have needed to stress about in the first place. I told the staff, "Because of MAS stuffing around with my flights and not even trying to be accommodating to get me on an earlier flight, I expect a full refund", in which she replied "I can't confirm or say if you will get a full refund". By this point, I was absolutely furious, "you stuff me around for more than two weeks since my initial call, screwing up all my travel plans and you are telling me you won't give me a full refund?". Again, she danced around the question.

I asked for a confirmation email that she has cancelled my flights which she said "Oh I can't do that, I will need you to email in and then I will reply to the email". I can't believe how ridiculous this whole process has been.

I have sent an email to gccc.[protected]@malaysiaairlines.com and I still haven't heard anything from MAS.

According to someone else's complaint;
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"For your information, at any time after the booking has been made Malaysia Airlines may change the schedules and/or cancel/terminate/divert/postpones/reschedule or delay any flight where Malaysia Airlines reasonable consider this to be justified by the circumstances beyond Malaysia Airlines control or for reason of safety or commercial reasons. In the event of such flight cancellation or retimed by Malaysia Airlines, we will carry you at the earliest opportunity on another of our scheduled services on which space is available without any additional charges subject to fare brands and seat availability.
However, our management have come out with few options below:

i.ONE FREE CHANGE ALLOWED TO DEFER TRAVEL DATE UP TO ONE (1)
MONTH LATER FROM ORIGINAL DATE OF TRAVEL WITH PENALTY FEE
WAIVED SUBJECT TO SEAT AVAILABILITY ON SAME RBD.

ii. REFUNDS -NOT PERMITTED BUT MH ALLOWS TICKET TO BE CONVERTED
INTO MCO (voucher) FOR FURTHER TRANSPORTATION, ONLY WITH VALIDITY
PERIOD OF SIX(6) MONTHS FROM MCO DATE OF ISSUE. "

None of this would have happened if you have placed me on a flight at the earliest opportunity which would have been the flight on Thursday 13 April at 11:25pm but no, they put me on a flight that was nearly 24 hours into the future. Where is the consideration that? I paid over $2000 for two people to fly with MAS and I get stuffed around.

Also, I was not offered (i) or (ii) as per the snippet of the reply from MAS in someone else's complaint.

I really hope that MAS gives me a full refund after stuffing me around for 2.5 weeks and would have probably continue to do so until the date I am supposed to fly out.

I hope this gets resolve ASAP as $2000 is a lot of money to be wasted.

Sy