[Resolved] Malaysia Airlinesflight overbooking and rude staff

I landed in Kuala Lumpur at 20:40 after flying from Phuket on 16th April 2018. When I arrived in order to get my connecting flight to Heathrow at 23:15 (flight number MH0002), I was told I was unable to get on the flight as it had been over booked. I had booked this flight months in advance, I am a young girl and was travelling alone. I specifically booked that flight in order to arrive in time for a university exam I had, which I ended up missing due to this situation. I don't understand why it was me that had to wait overnight for an alternative flight, when I had paid the same amount for my flight as others that were allowed on that flight. This situation caused a lot of stress, especially as I was on my way home, with limited money, and an exam soon after I arrived which cost me a part of my degree. Amongst this, the staff were rude and very unhelpful. They had no time to help or answer my questions as there was a queue. I then had to wait 2 hours for a bus to take me to a hotel where I stayed overnight with no luggage or money (yet again the staff were not helpful with this). I'm requesting a refund for my flight as I didn't get to go on the flight I originally paid for, with no fault of my own. I would also like compensation for my journey home from London to Wales, as my connecting bus had also been missed.
Megan Fletcher

• Resolution statement

• Malaysia Airlines Customer Care's Response, Nov 25, 2018

Dear Customer,

Kindly send your feedback to [protected]@malaysiaairlines.com

We will assist you accordingly.

Customer Care

Me
Nov 23, 2018

Comments

•   Apr 06, 2019

Ms Megan Fletcher (the young girl),

If your dispute with the Malaysia Airlines air carrier is not resolved,

can you attach please:-

1. Your e-ticket in full or each boarding pass in the visibale form,

2. Brief explaination, when and where have become known that the exact MH flight was overbooked?

3. Brief exlaination, have the Malaysia Airlines air carrier provided you with
    3.1. Reservation for the nearest connecting flight,
    3.2. Hotel and transportaion to / from the hotel,
    3.3. Food
    3.4. Drinks

4. You claim the compensation for "my journey home - from London to Wales".
    Can you present the invoice / receipt for this jorney, if you paid in addition only?

5. Explain in figures, what was your loss total in GBP, based on invoices/receipt due to "overboking"?

6. Have you receved the reply / compensation from the Malaysia Airlines air carrier in 30 days, following, allegedly, their response at this site?

7. If your age 16 or below, have your parents assisted you?

The replies are awaited within 3 weeks from this publcation,
    if the passenger wants to process further with the public comlaint and seeking the compensation.
    The additinal copy of few documents can be required for the clarification of the facts / ID.

sr manager for ICAO / IATA irregulations matters