Malaysia Airlines / flight mh001 21st december
Due to the problems with the flight delay and subsequent late arrival in Kuala Lumpur, we missed our flight with Air Asia to Luang Prabang on the morning of the 23rd December.
We made every attempt to catch the flight, but having waited for our luggage and then taking the express train to KLIA2, we were just too late. We asked Air Asia about alternative flights, but there were no seats available until 25th December.
We went back to KLIA1 to see if we could speak to a Malaysia Airlines rep, but no one was at all interested in our dilemma. So there we were, stranded in KL airport with no assistance from Malaysia Airlines.
We had no alternative but to sort ourselves out, so we made our way to KL and stayed at the Hilton for 2 nights.
Our Christmas plans were ruined as we travelled to Luang Prabang on that day and we paid for a hotel in Luang Prabang for 2 nights that we did not use.
We also had to pay for new flights to Luang Prabang, extra hotel costs and we also booked a room at the Sama Sama hotel for our arrival as we had a gap of 12 hours before our onward flight to Laos so this was paid for and not used.
After the most terribly long flight, having endured the painful noise from the door as we were just 2 rows back from it and with no ear plugs available as they didn't have enough, we both felt quite ill.
I know the onward plans for Australians and New Zealanders were also disrupted, but we were just left with no assistance.
I have written to Malaysia Airlines, have a case number, have sent 2 further chasing emails and have received nothing from them other than an automated reply.
More Malaysia Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Malaysia Airlines - lost luggage with puny compensation! 
- Malaysia Airlines - flight retimed 
- Malaysia Airlines - cancellation charges
- Malaysian Airline - excess baggage charge 
- Malaysia Airlines - horrible attitude 
- Malaysia Airlines - lost property
- Malaysia Airlines - baggage loss
- Malaysia Airlines - delayed luggage with missing lock and contents ransacked 
- Malaysia Airlines - defaults on mas system 
- Malaysia Airlines - missing handphone and cash money