Malaysia Airlines / worst experience on flight no mh 192 on 27th nov 2009
Dear Radhiyah Omar,
Thanks for your mail. I am not sure whether you read my complaint fully. Inspite of me mentioning the meal preference well in advance, you airlines guys confirmed me that there is not sufficient food available on the board. In fact this happened to many people on that day and you can cross check your records. They have cooked some noodles kind of food to satisfy the customers. But efforts went no where. Including the captain, none of the crew on that day behaved decently. The crew confirmed me that they have meal preference as asian veg againt my group. This is nothing to do with planning in advance. This is pure careless ness of not carrying sufficient food. I sincerely demand the compensation for the torture we were given in the entire journey by the Malaysian airlines.
Looking forward for your response.
On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 12:11:39 +0530 wrote
1 February 2010
Dear Mr Murty,
Thank you for your feedback through our Malaysia Airlines Customer Feedback in conjunction with your travel from Kuala Lumpur to Bangalore dated 27 November 2009. We apologise for the extended delay in reverting to you.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the service shortfalls you and your family experienced when you were not accorded preferred seats of your choice, not given special meals, luggage did not arrive promptly on the conveyor belt, and for the lack of hospitality portrayed by the staff in assisting you. Kindly allow us to explain that seat allocation is subjected to availability and customers may pre-book their seats prior to departure. In regards to the Special Meal, please be advised that customers are required to request for such meals upon reservation, so that the Catering Department may make provisions.
We understand that the events contributed to an unpleasant experience for you and your family, causing much inconvenience and distress. Rest assured we have since directed your concerns to the relevant departments for their continuous improvement and corrective action. However it is with deep regrets we are unable to accede to your request for compensation.
We wish to assure you that at Malaysia Airlines, we are constantly striving to innovate and improve our products as well as our services to our customers. Our greatest joy is to be able to bring you high quality products and services that add pleasure to your flying experience. That is why we treasure every helpful suggestion and comment that we receive from you.
Mr Murty, your strong support and satisfaction are important to us. Once again we are truly sorry that you did not have the right experience with Malaysia Airlines. We thank you for your feedback and we assure you that we will continue in our earnest endeavour to improve and give our customers the service they expect and deserve.
We look forward to welcoming you on board our flights, trusting that you will avail us of the opportunity to serve you better in the future.
for Malaysia Airlines,
Customer Relations Department
I am really sorry to say this that unfortunately I had to travel back from KL to BLR on Malaysian Airlines only. It was one of the worst flight journey I had experienced in my life so far. Nothing went correct from Check in to Baggage claim. Please find below the various events that happened due to which not only me, but my whole family including kids had to suffer. We are seven people (group) travelled from BLR(INDIA) to KL for holiday which include 4 adults, 3 child.
1. We were allotted 6 seats in one place and one seat 10 rows away. on child’s Mother was given the seat some 10 rows away. When we requested during the check in process, the person sitting there told us to manage this in the flight as he cannot do anything about this. When all 7 people are booked under same PNR(Booking Ref No: RQZFXH), how come the seat allocation can happen like this?
2. I specifically mentioned that we need Indian Vegetarian Meal and also baggage must have the priority tag, as I am Platinum member in Jet Airways. He has noted down both the request and also put the priority tag on my checked in baggage. But looks like he has forgotten to mention meal preference in the system.
3. The food was served to us after 3 hours(at 1:00 AM in the night) of the flight took off, that too after so many requests. We were told by the Crew that there is no Vegetarian food available and they are now cooking. In fact their response to our request were very rude. Many times they didn’t even bother to answer us. This happened to many passengers. I hope by now you must have received the feedback from many.
4. Even the kids were not served the food for 3 hours even though the there was food available. I hope you can understand the situation we faced and the behavior of the crew.
5. When I requested the crew that I would like to speak to the flight in-charge or the captain, they just didn’t bother. After a while I myself walked upto the cabin and spoke to the one of the captain. They he suggested me to drop a compliant.
6. After three hours of flight took off they served us a junk food with no taste and they said that is what available.
7. After landing in Bangalore, I had to wait for one hour near the conveyer belt to pick up my baggage even though there is a priority tag to that. Mine was the last baggage received on the conveyer belt.
At the end I can only say one thing that this is one of the worst airlines that I have ever flown. I am a platinum member in Jet Airways and gold member in Kingfisher and Air India and also a silver member in Singapore airlines. I never had such a experience in any of those flights so far. This is first time I flew thru MH and I have decided not to fly again in MH. I would also pass this message across my friends and colleagues. I would recommend them not chose MH at all. I work for an organization called Hewlett Packard and I am sure you would know the impact if I send such a mail to my travel agency. I would need the response to this mail with the reasons on why this happened? As a compensation I would want the Malaysian Airlines to pay me back the charges that we paid to you towards the fare towards the physical & mental stress that we have gone thru during the journey. If I fail to get the response from you in next 10 days, I would have no choice to put this in the website and send this to various media agencies.
More Malaysia Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Malaysia Airlines - lost luggage with puny compensation! 
- Malaysia Airlines - flight retimed 
- Malaysia Airlines - cancellation charges
- Malaysian Airline - excess baggage charge 
- Malaysia Airlines - horrible attitude 
- Malaysia Airlines - lost property
- Malaysia Airlines - baggage loss
- Malaysia Airlines - delayed luggage with missing lock and contents ransacked 
- Malaysia Airlines - defaults on mas system 
- Malaysia Airlines - missing handphone and cash money