Makemytrip.com / please beware while buying tickets from makemytrip

United States Review updated:

Please beware while buying tickets from Makemytrip, I recently had a very-2 bad experience purchasing tickets from them. I had a death in the family due to which I had to travel from USA to India same day. Agent knew my urgency and lied that there is only one emergency seat left in flight and sold me the ticket for $3550. I booked the ticket,

Clearly with my situation I wasn’t thinking right. I later on found from another travel agent (suggested by my friend) that for the exact same flight there were many more tickets available. That travel agent also checked my booked makemytrip reservation with Airline and found that actual ticket price was $1400 and rest was charged as service fees by the agent. After talking many times with MakeMyTrip, they keep on saying we will refund your money, but have not refund my money so far.

As

Comments

• Ho
      29th of Apr, 2013

its true MakeMyTrip is doing lot of fraud. Its happend to me also. My booking ID NN251932788504, I have booked econimy ticket from Hyderabad to Cebu and upgraded to business and paid full amount for business class ticket. When i went to airport they said its economy ticket they dont have business class upgrade information and i called makemytrip customer care and inform this one of their customer support guy said please travel on economy and we will make refund what ever the amount and i traveled going by Economy and return by business class and after coming back i send my scanned copy of boarding cards by mail ask them for refund about this issue, no one is take action on it, i mailed and called 100s of time to customer support they wil disconnect the calls and they will not call back to me. I am going to consumer forum now. I am saying all online ticket buyers dont buy with makemytrip and forward to all of your friends about it. i am going to post in more public forums and articles.

• Ta
      8th of May, 2013

They are fraud and cheaters like touts at Delhi Railway station:

Constantly in touch with these people from so called customer service. But only resolution from them is to send automated, canned frozen messages stating that this is not our level of service and we value your business etc etc., , , but these lunatics cannot even comprehend the problem or original complaints, 24 days over but no resolution is expected from makemytrip.com and taxiforsure.com, they cheated me for 3000 Rs and another 1000 Rs by not honoring contract we had for a outstation cab.

This is true face of Indian customer service in Incredible India.
    Read the name of following people I have been in touch:

RAJNISH KAPUR -- SO CALLED CHIEF OR CHEAP INNOVATION OFFICER
    REST ARE FROM "TEAM WE CARE" ARE THEY SCHOOL DROPOUTS ?

RAVI KUMAR
    SIKHA JOHN
    PRIYANKA MOHNANI
    RITIKA DEL
    SAYANI GUPTA

IT LOOKS LIKE NONE OF THEM ARE CAPABLE OF RESOLVING AND TOTAL WASTE OF TIME. I WASTED 3000 RS ON THESE LUNACTICS, PLUS SO MUCH, TIME, ENERGY, PHONE, EMAILS.

BEWARE OF MAKEMYTRIP.COM

8th of May, 2013

Cheated me same way. ( NC25011158555), by breaching the contract . They are as good as touts at New Delhi station.

Frauds, scammers, There is no customer service or response( except automated /canned replies) in last 25 days. Zero ethics, and cheating. They have partnered with local / substandard street side taxi agencies who ruin your trip and peace of mind, besides money.
    Drivers fleece extra money and force you to cutshort trip once they realise they get full money.

MAKEMYTRIP = CHEATING, FRAUD, BREAKING OF CONTRACT, ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE.

These idiots also fa-ke the reviews of their partners to promote them and cheat clients.