Makemytrip.com / nightmare experience!

MakeMyTrip.com - www.makemytrip.com

I had one of the worst experiences with MakeMyTrip.com and the below details might be lengthy to read but its important to emphasize to the Makemytrip Management on the mental and physical torture a Makemytrip.com Customer had to go through thanks to irresponsible actions from Makemytrip.com.

On 1st Nov'07 I booked an air ticket via MMT for the Mumbai - New Delhi sector for 2nd Nov07. I received the e-ticket in the mail with PNR details etc. Since I had booked it via my cell phone and was around the airport I actually went to the Airport counter for a printout of the ticket.

I was shocked when they told me there is no person called "Tarun Mishra" booked on their morning flight and even the PNR number as per them was invalid. I then called up the Makemytrip Call centre and was told the Flight was shifted to 9 AM Indian airlines instead of the 7.20 Go Air as mentioned in the itinerary details sent by email to me. Was MMT waiting for us to call them about this change ?

I feel cheated and extremely disgusted on how firstly we were not informed on the change in flight and secondly how can you change a flight after sending an itinerary ?

We finally had to buy a new Mum-Del air ticket from the GO Air counter for Rs 13600/- besides the Rs16000/- we had already paid MMT for the Mumbai-Delhi round trip. We were told we need to scan the new ticket details to MMT and in 10 days we'll get the refund of Rs13600/- which I hope we do get without any further physical or mental torture.

Had we not gone to the counter the previous night and instead had just taken the print out of the email received by MMT directly on 2nd Nov for the flight we would have never got the flight and would have lost alot of business due to such careless and irresponsible actions from MMT.

I read an on-line interview of Deeps and following is a transcript from the same. We want to be the brand of choice and the first port of call for anyone wishing to buy travel online. Clearly, customers will check others, but top of mind recall is a big thing. Also, repeat customers in the domestic business are significant and we will be leveraging our customer database for that.

My question to you is after reading the above experience do you really thing Makemytrip can be a brand choice? Can it be the first port anyone can depend upon when wanting to buy travel online?

Va

Comments

• Ra
      9th of Nov, 2007

Can you please provide me your pnr no. So that we can have a check on it. And promise you the best service.

9th of Nov, 2007

Has anyone found an escalation process for MMT?

• Ar
      6th of Jul, 2008

This travel agency is run by cons. They quote one fare and change you another on your credit card. The customer service is arrogant and incompent.

• Va
      17th of Jul, 2008

I am reposting my recent message as it some how missing here after I posted it!

On Jul 11, 2008 I asked makemytrip.com agent to see if I can get a ticket for 4 in teh tiem window 24 jul-26 Jul to travel from LAX to Bangalore and back on aug 22. I gave my credit card details forteh possible payment. After I was told on phone the code to check teh iternrary I went o makemytrip.com and found that the dep date was 23 Jul, impossible for me to leave from here (Los Angeles) due to a prior commitment. I called within 10 minutes and talked with the same agent and requested that person not to proceed with this reservation any more. Not to go ahead and charge. There was no charge at that time, as confirmed by my credit card company. They agreed not to charge to my credit card and not to proceed with this reservation until I call back again. I thought the matter ended there. This was on Friday, Jul 11, 08.

On monday Jul 14, there was a message in my answering machine by makemytrip peple regarding a payment! I called back and explained everything. The lady who was relatively polite transferred me to a customer service guy. This guy was very arrogant and impolite. Instead of listining to my complaint he simply said since you didn't call back again, we went ahead with the reservation and charged your credit card! I told him they were not authorized as I had very clearly instructed them not to go ahead with the reservation even before they had charged! Only reason they did was they had access to my credit card details, but no authority to charge!

I told them to verify my claim by checking the recorded conversation to check my claim! Insted of doing that they send me an e-mail ticket at wrong date! This was the first e-mail ever from them!

I have informed my credit card company regarding this unauthorized charge by makemytrip.com and also am exploring other legal action to expose these kind of practices by makemytrip.com ! They are adamant on charging penalty for cancellation or take this ticket with wrong dep. date. Do any other have same experience like this?

People pl. beware of giving your credit card details to these guys! Irrespective of your approval they charge causing you lots of headache. I am in USA for 20 yrs. and such action by a company will be taken very seriously. I am sure teh same is going to happen to makemytrip.com once this kind of scam is exposed!

27th of Sep, 2008

I WOULD ONLY SAY TO THE PEOPLE, THAT... NEVER BYE TICKETS FROM MAKE MY TRIP... IT IS HIGHLY UNPROFESSIONAL AND UNMANAGED ORGANIZATION WHO IS VERY REGULAR AND PROFESSIONAL IN CARELESSNESS AND REPEATED ERRORS...

BRAND MAKE MY TRIP MUST BE CONSIDERED AS THE NO OPTION COMPANY... THE EXECUTIVE JUST MUGUP THE COPY OF INSTRUCTIONS AND REPEAT IT CONSTANTLY...

PLEASE NEVER BUY ANY THING FROM MAKE MY TRIP.

27th of Sep, 2008

REPEATING AGAIN PLEASE DONT BUY ANY THING FROM MAKEMYTRIP.COM

2nd of Jan, 2009

I agree with you that NEVER EVER BUY OR MAKE YOUR BOOKING ON LINE WITH Make my trip. THEY ARE THE BIGGEST CHEATS POSSIBLE AND PLEASE PASS THE WORD AROUND. I am sure you can hear the frustration in my voice. I recently booked a refundable ticket on Indigo from BANGALORE to CHENNAI AND BACK BANGALORE on the 18th of december and return was on the 26th of December. To my shock when I arrived 2 hours before the flight, I found out that they booked my departure city wrong. The departure that they had booked was from Chennai to Bangalore and back for the 18th Dec and return on the 26th from Bangalore.
    I called them from the airport as I had time and they told me they were positive that I had made the mistake. In my print out I never checked the departure dates because on my computer it was right when I booked.

In their confirmation email to me says on the top BANGALORE/CHENNAI/BANGALORE but below it was Chennai to Bangalore and back. When I complained that it was their mistake, they agreed and asked me to book another ticket to Chennai and that they will give me full refund back for both my tickets as it was their fault.

I arrived in Chennai and forwarded all the details of E tickets to them and they promised they will immediately take care of it for me. I am back in Bangalore and I have called them many many times and spoke to two of their mangers, Mansish Sharma and Tushar Kapil and both of them said that that after checking with their technicians said that it was my mistake and they WILL NOT REFUND my money back.

Now this is the icing on the cake. I had booked refundable ticket and they knew that I had taken another flight to Chennai and back and they say that they will not refund me because of noshow in Bangalore on the 26th. ARE THEY SO DUMB!!! Writing this email is making my head spin. Now I have to go to the higher authorities and it taking up all my time. Can someone tell me how to use the consumer court to complain about this injustice caused.

NEVER EVER BOOK ON MAKE MY TRIP PLEASE. THEY ARE UN PROFESSIONALS AND VERY UNETHICAL

I have lost 5500Rs and extra Rs 7400 on my other ticket because of no fault of mine.
    THANKS!