MakeMyTrip / charged foreign transaction fee for the airline ticket bought from us

India Review updated:

Beware of the foreign transaction fee that makemytrip ticket purchase results in.I used make www.makemytrip.com website in US to find a flight for my parents to travel to US. The website claimed thru banners that agents on phone can give better deals. So, I ended up calling the number on the website. I spoke with an agent and booked the tickets. I payed them using by US credit card. The agent never told be that I am going to be charged a foreign transaction fee. I was charged foreign transaction fee $76.00. When I noticed the fee, I emailed their support with the issue. I attached the bank statement that had the fee. The support person promptly closed the case asking for a screen shot of with the foreign transation fee. I totatly don't understand why screen shot whould be better than a bank statement with transcations. Anyways, I sent them screenshot and bank statement both after that. Since then, I haven't received any communication from them. I don't think, I am getting my money back.

Pg

Comments

• Un
      12th of Sep, 2012

I had to same experience with Makemytrip. Booked my tickets to India calling them on a USA toll free number and paid with my USA Credit card number. Booking id US1209B00589. They are highly unprofessional. Very unethical and all their staff is trained to lie to their customers
    Everytime you call them, the agent will say, please send us the statement from your bank. Next time they say they want a screenshot and not a statement. Now, they have to check with other team to make sure it is a valid transaction fee.
    How in the world can it be a invalid transaction fee if you have the booking details with the exact fare. 3% of the fare is the foreign transaction fee.
    I WAS NEVER INFORMED PRIOR TO BOOKING THAT THERE WILL BE A FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEE. WHY NOT???

I wish to receive my refund in next 7 business days, else i will sue them in a small claims court.