Makeitorbreakit.com / Unprofessional and Abusive Owner

1 4037 Coburn Street, North Las Vegas, NV, US Review updated:

This complaint is regarding Ron Johnson, owner of Makeitorbreakit.com, who operates his business from his home in Las Vegas (or was at the time of my observations) and pays his employees under-the-table. I speculate he is operating this business without a license. He is extremely verbally abusive to his employees including constant violent threats, sexist comments, insults, and sexual harassment of female employees for lengths of time as long as entire 12-hour shifts. He generally keeps 3 to 4 people employed for a few weeks to a couple of months and then fires everyone for not being as skilled as him notwithstanding his lack of ability to adequately train. Due to the the “under-the-table” status and no official contract, records, or paperwork, employees choose not to fight it and just move on. He then hires a whole new group of people and this cycle goes on and on. His employees do work that he could easily do himself, but he enjoys telling someone else to do the work, then break them down with insults of incompetence only to end up doing everything himself anyway. He and his employees spend the majority of the 10 to 12-hour work day sending spam to hundreds of teens on myspace, youtube, etc. promising them a career in the music industry for a small fee starting at $500 for the least expensive starter package. If they’re able to contact someone directly, they extract as much personal information from that person leaving them with very little information about the company. His favorite place to find potential future employees is the Las Vegas Craigslist job section under Admin/Office and Customer Service. He used to advertise under the name of his business, makeitorbreakit.com, but due to recent complaints, he has been soliciting people from behind amateur recording artists’ homepages and vague posts targeting people interested in working in the music business (these ads and homepages always look similar as they’re generally designed with a simple template). I’m reporting this because Mr. Johnson is toying with peoples’ lives under the guise of an alleged illegitimate business while getting a rise out of verbally abusing, threatening, intimidating, and sexually harassing people that are looking for legitimate work in a very difficult economic time.

Comments

• Ej
      Feb 13, 2009

This is so true but don't let him get away with it!! I took him to the Labor Commission and I got a nice check in the mail 2 months after. If you didn't get paid (like most of the people he 'hires') They fine him like 400 dollars and you get I think half of that! The only reason I took it further when he didn't want to pay me is because he was such a jerk I wasn't about to let him get away with it.! So my friend and I filed a claim and got paid! We were lucky enough to print the ad that was still on Craigslist and that was our proof to be paid at 10.00/hr.

He FAILED! ha ha

• Ih
      Feb 22, 2009

I HATE MAKEITORBREAKIT.COM. THEY KEEP SPAM TEXTING AND CALLING ME!!! I WILL NEVER LISTEN TO ANYONE THEY PROMOTE! ### THEM!

Make it or Break it Video
    119 west 72 st. #183
    New York, NY 10023

Domain Name: MAKEITORBREAKIT.COM

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Promote your business to millions of viewers for only $1 a month
    Learn how you can get an Enhanced Business Listing here for your domain name.
    Learn more at http://www.NetworkSolutions.com/

ONLINE MARKETING SOLUTIONS, LLC registrationONLINE-EXPRESS-HOSTING.NET
    PO BOX 36461
    DALLAS, TX [protected]
    [protected] fax: [protected]

Record expires on 06-Jul-2017.
    Record created on 07-Jul-1997.
    Database last updated on 22-Feb-2009 02:14:08 EST.

• Ve
      May 07, 2009

###ing haters! what can i say. they waste there time doing nothin but complain. thats why you dont have a job now! get a life! get a job! STFU!

if u didnt want the abuse then quit.. easy and simple! just shows how weak of a
    person you are!

• Je
      May 28, 2009

If a person doesn't want to be abused by their employer (who I suppose has the right to harass, violently threaten, and abuse his employees), they should quit, lose their income and home, and that means they're weak and it's their fault for applying and obtaining a legitimate job with an abusive ceo. What has this world come to?

• Ca
      Jun 13, 2009

this guy is obviously a jerk who dosen't want to accept responsibility for his actions. Everyone is not wrong, he is very abusive I have witnesed it my self everyone beware what you are dealing with when u deal with Ron he is an ###

• Pf
      Jun 13, 2009

i spy with my little eye something beginning with j

• Ca
      Jun 13, 2009

obviously i guess your the RON they are talking about because you are so defensive. Look how you defend yourself tell people to just quit how about stop being such and ididot and listen to what people tell you and maybe then you could keep staff an have a good buisness. At this rate you will scraoing for pennies forever because your attitude is terrible and NO ONE WILL WORK WITH YOU FOR LONG

Oct 08, 2009
    Makeitorbreakit.com - fraud.. really?!?

Makeitorbreakit.com is one of the best marketing and management firms that I know of!
    For all of the people who seem to disagree, it is only because their lack of finances and determination.
    Some feel the need to lash out on others for their own issues. Fix the problem not the blame.

Oct 10, 2009

All the people that disagree this service is one of the the best is because of their "lack of finances and determination"? Huh? What happened to simple dissatisfaction with services rendered or consumer opinion from first-hand experience with the company?

• Ke
      Nov 07, 2010

My name is Kenny,
    I worked for Ron before and
    I can tell you he is all about taking care business.
    You mad because you could not get the job done!

Behind every successful
    person, lies a pack of haters!

• Vv
      Dec 10, 2010

Ok I'm not an employee of Ron but i did pay that $500 fee. AND GOT NOTHING OUT OF IT!!! He's a [censor]ing joke. That flyer he has says 30 days 30 labels. Meaning give him 30 days and he will pitch you to 30 Record labels. He didnt do that. He would lie to me saying my music got played in the clubs in vegas with a crowd that was pleased. lol i didnt believe that when he first told me. He also trieed to take me in the back room upstairs of his house (business lol) and showed me a room filled with tapes against the wall to try to show me like .. OOo this is real the mayor sent me out here from vegas to put vegas on the map lofl (WHAT A LOSER) he's dumb 4 even thinking I would believe that BS. and there was some regular like vhs tapes stacked up u fkn idiot. Basically, I had nothing to show by having him manage me except $500 less in my pockets. He then tried to pull $1000 out of me wtf is that. For 1000 cds, 10, 000 flyers and business cards. Mutha[censor]a just get 30 cds, flyers, and business cards or Press releases and that should be good ... [censor]! I did my homework he thought he was showin me somthing new .. [censor] i can make my own [censor] if I want to, don't try to make it sound all exclusive. He's never shown me any real hard proof about anything he said, everything was just so skeptical. I just want to say 4 these crooks out here taking advantage of peoples dreams and wasting their time and money. May god have mercy on your soul

• Li
      Aug 14, 2019

@Vveg DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY OR TIME WITH RON AND MAKEITORBREAKIT! He’s a scam artist!

7 years old me and my rapping partner hired him to “Get Our Music Heard” and he never came through with anything good! He told us stories like “I sent your music to a famous DJ and he said t was great!”. But when asked to provide proof he just couldn’t... Ron & his team are liars lol. They try to butter their clients up but calling them “Superstars or Rockstars” it’s all a joke.. At the time *7 years ago* he had about 10 clients including us, and all this time later none of them are big or famous. Mo’Green, Big Apple, Swing High, are just a few names that worked with Ron and are still nobody’s in the music industry. The point is STAY AWAY FROM MAKEITORBREAKIT!

• Al
      Sep 09, 2011

Wow, I was just about to answer the add on Craigslist and because of past experience of working for people in this industry, and because it was Craigslist I decided to do some research. Thanks for the warning. I will keep my resume and get this he also wanted my picture... to myself. I appreciate everyone for putting it out there, or I could have just as easily been sucked in to the BS.

Dec 02, 2011

We are trying to gather more information regarding Mr. Cohen and Makeitorbreakit.com to move forward with a civil litigation against his deceptive business practices. If you have ANY information regarding Mr. Cohen, his company, or his business methods, please forward it to:
    [protected]@gmx.com

• Ra
      Jun 30, 2014

Mr. Cohen - who won't tell me his first name, address, or give a photo almost suckered me into a personal assistant position. He is located around W Craig's Road in Las Vegas, Nevada.Spoke with this man personally on the phone. Very condescending, egotistical, and asks inappropriate and unprofessional questions during the interview. He name drops celebrities that he's worked with, says he's a lawyer with multiple degrees and been in the entertainment industry for 30-40 years! All talk and no credentials. His posting is currently on Craigslist at http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/ats/4528510825.html. His current website is http://whatdidtheydo.org/. He has multiple and similar websites attempting to sell advertising for commercials. According to this website here is his other attempts at websites associated with the g-mail account [protected]@gmail.com: http://www.ipaddressden.com/email/[email protected] He is linked to this singer http://www.reverbnation.com/tiffanytatum as her manager. Uses multiple phone numbers for his businesses. He also posted for an A&R position 3 years back. http://www.pandahi.com/1005151198.html Makes me sick that a guy would take advantage of people. His posting said that he's looking for light office work but on the phone said I would be making business deals with executives, going to conventions, working in video and music production. "Mr.Cohen" thinks he knows it all -- NOT! Other websites: http://mrcohenthemanager.com/1/ Someone needs to shut this guy down from scamming honest, legitimate people. He knows nothing about the music business. He is a poser!

Here's his email reply to the job response:
    I have a small private practice that deals with music and television shows. Being overwhelmed with projects is why I require a live-in person. Your duties will be to cook, clean and run the house. I need someone to perform basic housekeeping duties. You will have your own private bedroom and your own private bathroom. If all goes well after a short probationary period, we will agree on a better financial arrangement. What are the responsibilities? 1. Basic breakfast, lunch and dinner cooking. 2. She will be involved with light office work. 3. Normal cleaning of the house. You must be a non smoker, drug free and drama free. This is a position where you can stop and get your act together because I am looking for someone who wants to accomplish things. I do not have and do not want any animals, drugs, smoking or children. Your expenses will be paid and there are other compensations that will be allowed to you once you are trained and developed. I need someone who wants a JOB and a Place To Live. If you are eager to learn new things while being creative and willing to work hard then call [protected] and let's start you now.

• Li
      Aug 14, 2019

MAKEITORBREAKIT is a joke! It’s nohing but lies and scams! Please don’t water your money or your time on this liar! I was a client of his! Please believe me he’s full of [censored]! He can’t provide any proof that he even knows anyone at any record label! Fraud! Lies! BS! That’s what he is! I was his client 7 years ago and his office was his living room! Come on! Seriously!