Make My Trip / scam and cheating!

Pembroke Pines, FL, United States Review updated:

Last Year, in October,2006, I bought a return ticket from Miami to Mumbai, at $1222. They were paper tickets which were supposed to be sent to my Florida address. Since the paper tickets never came to my house (they said it was sent by USPS, and they do not take customer's sign for verification), I asked for a cancellation. MakemyTrip said that if I canceled and bought new tickets through them, they would ensure that my refund is obtained at the earliest, and without any deductions.
Today is 25th Dec, 2007, ie., 1 year and 2 months, and I still haven't got any refund from MakemyTrip. I have called them minimum 50 times, and everytime I am told that it would be refunded in just a few more days. I have $1222 locked up with them for 1 year 2 months, without any interest, and without even a confirmation of when the money will be refunded.
I intend to apply to Consumer Court for refund of $1222 + extra because of the late refund and the money lost due to interest + reimbursement for mental stress.. That time, $ was Rs.45+, while $ is now Rs.39 only.

If any one has any better ideas, please let me know. I can be reached at [protected].

Comments

Ji
  7th of Jun, 2008
Now I will be more careful in dealing with agents and jet airlines...Thanks!!
Sh
  4th of May, 2010
MakeMyTrip.com

The business ethics of the company makemytrip.com is wrong. It is impossible to trust the officials when the communications are in conflict? Tue, May 4, 2010 4:27:20 PMMakeMyTrip Booking Reference FLTINT100091532410. The communication says tech error and failed booking...but the officials say that you deposit the balance money of Rs 85000/- to obtain the booking. There is no confirmation of the booking...no itinery ...only booking reference...and Rs 5000/- booking amount is withdrawan from the account.
Ha
  29th of Apr, 2011
i had booked my kingfisher flight ticket for my travel on 19th april from bangalore to kolkata on march 2011, but due to some reason i cancelled my booking through the airline, i informed makemytrip on da next day..waited for their response for four day but did not receive any information and then i called the customer support representative again. and while i was enquiring about my refund status i was not able to hear what he was saying, so i said"sorry, i didnt get u can u repeat again" and guess what he did..the csr hung up on me.what a shame!!!and then i called again 4-5 times but they never returned my call, i was told that all csr are busy. WHAT ###ING SERVICE WAS THAT!!!
As
  2nd of Mar, 2014
Dear Make My Trip Team,

I have booked 3 ticket for Mumbai to Sirdi on1st March. I have receive mail today morning.
I have booked a ticket on 6.45 PM need a clarification if i will book a ticket for 1st march & i will receive mail on 28th Feb. 2014 mid night. How will i go to catch my bus. I want my ticket to be cancel or adjust my tickets in other trip. It is such a irritating services of make my trip pathetic service.

Kindly let me know on priority basis.

If i will not get proper clarification i will escalate this matter to higher authority.
one of the worst service i ever face in my life as of now
Ha
  15th of Dec, 2014
I purchase 7 ticket delhi to coimbatore . I stay in kanpur . From make my trip total deal 123500 with return ticket . i paid full amount which she asked but some time later Ms.jyoti said to me your ticket are conformed But. You need to pay 10500 Rs extra to receive your ticket . We paid toatl amount she asked Rs 123500 but then booked my ticket and asked for more money of rs 10500

MakeMyTrip Logo MakeMyTrip