majicjack.com / rip off

Majicjack rip off

My majicjack broke in just 2 months. I purchased a 5 year deal. This product is not made to last 5 years. When I asked for a replacement they said they don’t replace if it’s broken. I was willing to pay the $19.95 for the replacement. But they tried to make me buy a new unit. After chatting a 4th time they agreed. To replace it. Charged my credit card they have on record. Was told $39.95 will be on hold till I send back my broken unit. Now my card has been charged for $39.95 .which my bank authorized. I get a mail from majicjack stating my card was declined. Instead of receiving the replacement. Now I have cancelled the order. But they have charged me $39.95. .this is cheating .they refused to call my bank and clarify if there was some system glitch. They say it was declined by bank. Now I have to file a claim. This is a waste of time. A big time rip off .this product is not made to last 5 years. 2 months it broke .I paid over $ 100 for 5years it lasted 2 months and now they have charged another $ 39.95.

More majicjack.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Le
  25th of Sep, 2008

The electronics jammed my computer so bad I had to have it repaired.

Wa
  14th of Oct, 2008

If it jammed your computer, it is probably something you did. I have it and it works great

Wa
  14th of Oct, 2008

I have it and it works great. You must be confused.

Mi
  22nd of Oct, 2008

none

10th of Nov, 2008

I must have done something wrong because I can not answer my message or a caller when It rangs. There is no sound on the phone. Is there a place or web site that you can go to, to get instructions

Jo
  14th of Nov, 2008

First of all majicjack billed my charge accout twice for 19.98.Is this charge for two years of use? I'm in the process of haveing the second charge removed.
Ever time I want to use majicjack to make a call I have a dial tone dial the No. and nothing happens, If this consist I want to send the item back for a refound.
john lombino 941 567-0198.
Please get back with me so we can revise these issues,

Al
  14th of Nov, 2008

What part of 30 day free trial dont they get? I was charged the full amount withing 24 hours and they were only supposed to charge shipping. My finance company that finances my car was not too happy when they couldnt get their car payment cause my account went over balance. Its illegal what they're doing.

Ja
  17th of Nov, 2008

What people need to understand about MagicJack is that first, and i know it may be stuped to say but belive me someone will need to hear this, you need a Computer, a desktop or a laptop, Second you need to have Internet service and of course it needs to be hight speed service because dial up service does not work with MagicJack. so If you have a computer with Hight speed internet from any provider you will love to use MagicJack as moch as i do.

Sc
  19th of Nov, 2008

I would appreciate more directions when buying a majic jack. I love it so far, but when I get a message then it asks for an extension. On majic jack what is an extension ? All of my phone number?

Fa
  20th of Nov, 2008

I followed all the directions, I have a dial tone but can't call out, I am returning" majic jack"

Ki
  20th of Nov, 2008

I followed all the directions, I have a dial tone but, connected to others, I heard caller voice but caller can't heard my voice

El
  21st of Nov, 2008

i had hard time ti make call, always hang up when i try to ring a phone call can you tell me why please.

Li
  2nd of Feb, 2009

i also was riped off on the 30day charge, they took $68.00 out of my checking the first week, that was the first bad situation, now ever since i had the phone, when i am talking to someone local or long distance i hear a repeat of every thing i say. and that is very irritating, then half the time i hear a loud static sound and then i loose connection, , abd another thing you can never talk to anyone[like customer service] to help you, they just throw up a list of a few thing to try that doesn't work. I left vonage which was a very good company, but geting rid of the $30 .00 a mo. charge and only paying 19.95 which has been way past that.so if i can't get it cleared up this month i will cancel and go back to vonage, very unsatified, Linda Smithm 606-262-8302

Jm
  12th of Feb, 2009

I had a problen with majicjack saying it had a broken storage. or it is not pluged in to the usb port. So I moved it into another disk drive reboo tted it, and it started to work. When I turned it off' then went to turn it back on I got the same problem. Jan at the chat room told me to unplug it before I turned it off' then plug it back in once it's up and running. And it is working now after 6 days', 11 persons i had to chat with, and alot of my time. Thanks JAN at majick chat technition help.

Tw
  23rd of Feb, 2009

My experience with majicjack has been as follows:

1) great product for the price. Easy to install and affordable.
2) problems with no direct contact with a customer service dept/person, I find that to be very poor service. Although, you can get customer service and speak to management. My experience with them was great, however, the problem was not resolve.
3) Problem I've had since I purchase the majicjack is that when I get incoming calls, the voicemail service does not allow me to retrieve my messages correctly. I have a cordless phone set up to my computer. Thank God my cordless phone has an answering machine so some calls do go right into my answering machine when messages are left. What I have notice though, is that in my e-mail, it tells me about every call I get, but not able to retrieve old messages and some new messages. I feel that I am loosing important potential employment calls. I have a cell phone, but its the principal.
4) I have had some very polite customer servce techs, while I have had rude technicans that because they lack the knowhow on hot to assist, its easier for them to be simply rude and unprofessional where they have just simply hung up. This has caused more fustrations let alone what the problems one may be having.
5). Somethings when I dial a phone number to call, I get disconnected and have to redial. I don't know what's up with that, but when I do it again, get a dial tone and re-dial its ok., This should not be happening.
6). Above all, considering to the price of what one will pay for such an inexpensive service, you can't beat the price. Its at the very least a great way of having a phone to call for any emergencies one may have. I have Verizon for internet services and they both work well.

I just wish they could establish a Customer Service Dept. where the customers that have purchase the product can in fact be service for whatever question(s) one may have. Its imperative to me to be able to extend excellence in Customer Service to customers that your selling your products/service to. After all your paid customers is what keep everyone at majicjack at their jobs and how you all get to eat and bring home your paychecks.

So to end this topic, I am happy with my majicjack, its a great product just has a few cliches to be worked out, but more important is the lack of good Customer Service when one needs it. Experience and patience is also a major factor for keeping your current customers and expanding your sales/servivce/product.

Thank you.

Clearwater, Florida

Sa
  1st of Mar, 2009

put a lawsuit on them! or do something about it!!!
don't just sit there and complain!!

Li
  2nd of Mar, 2009

MajicJack sucks. I try to make a call and just keep getting dial tone. If someone calls in it cuts you off in the middle of the call. It was a waste of money and time trying to get it to work. Sorry I ever ordered it. Teachs you a lesson...Dont believe everything you see on TV.
Largolinda1010@yahoo.com

Ja
  5th of Mar, 2009

I can not download the updates. The computer puts out a "timed out" report. The download starts fast and recreases after a few minutes. I get an eror code when I get the update page after using the majic jack. What am I doing wrong? James Sundheimer 909.9875531

12th of Mar, 2009

Mine has functioned without a single problem. Great online service. Some people will have to use a powered usb hub, tho. Avoid using the short usb cable that comes with unit. In most cases, it will not allow the unit to function. My friends around the country are amazed I'm speaking to them over the net. They can't tell the difference.

Computers which were once used as work stations conected through a network, might not work with majicjack.

Me
  24th of Mar, 2009

I have had it for about a year give or take a month and I have had a few issues come up but I mostly figured them out on my own but now the thing won't work and I can't get my husband to look at it I not sure if we have been billed yet for this year but when I try to use it the computer says it needs to be plugged in but it is plugged in and then the computer say new hard wear found not reconized but i can't get it to work! so now what!
i wish I could get my hubby to look at it please call me if you figure out what I am doing wrong I love my majic jack and miss it!