Majic Jack / Fraud and cheating

1 PO Box 6846West Palm Beach, FL, United States Review updated:

Before the 30 day warranty was over, I asked for a replacement Magic Jack because tech support couldn't help to get it to work, but they denied me a replacement. They said it was my USB and computer and to get a new one to use the Magic Jack with.

It started working on its own after 2 weeks, but the voice quality was so bad I could not hold conversations with people 80% of the time, tech support told me it was probably my computer, my phone, or my internet net speed. I replaced all (new computer, increased internet speed to fiber optic, and purchased 2 new phones). I have done all that their tech support has told me to do.

It has now been 5 months, and my problems have escalated. Now my phone will not ring (a line prob. Not a computer prob). It says that the line is disconnected when people dial my phone number, and a lot of times it will be a constant busy signal even though I am not on the phone. When I can make a call, there is a beeping sound that won't stop, and the phone calls will drop in the middle of my conversations.

On Feb. 13, I emailed Dan Borislows company email address (Dan@magicjack.com) I was answered by a man named Marvin. Marvin was not able to help me, he would not fix the actual line he just kept trying to reset the actual magic jack and taking me through the same steps the techs online always do.

As of Feb. 17, Marvin stopped emailing me and has refused to answer me after I made this request: “Can you switch me to a new phone line and send me a new Magic Jack as per my original request the first few days I had this while I was under your 30 day guarantee? As of today, Feb. 19, 2009, my incoming call problem is still not resolved, my phone line still does ring, voices are choppy, and voicemail doesn't come on half of the time.
I tried to send an email to Marvin/Dan but they will not answer now. I have sent a complaint to the FL Attorney General, BBB, and now https://www.complaintsboard.com.

I am urging Anyone else having problems to file a complaint with the FL Attorney General and the FTC.

Va

Comments

• Al
      13th of Apr, 2009

A SUCKER IS BORN EVERY DAY AND I WAS ONE OF THEM. I BOUGHT MAJIC JACK IN MAY 2008, AND AT THE SAME TIME I BOUGHT AN EXTRA YEARS SERVICE.
    NOT ONLY DOES THE MAJIC JACK NOT WORK ALL THE TIME, SOMETIMES IT DOES NOT WORK AT ALL, DROPPED CALLS, BUSY SIGNALS WHEN I AM NOT ON THE PHONE, AND NOW THEY WILL NOT HONOR MY EXTRA YEARS SERVICE ( WHICH I REALLY DON`T CARE ANYMORE).
    THE ONLY SMART PEOPLE ARE THE ONES THAT DREAMED UP THIS SCAM, AND HAVE RIPPED OFF MANY, MANY PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF.
    THERE ARE NO HALOS ON MY HEAD, " BUT WE ARE ALL GOING TO HAVE TO ANSWER FOR OUR WHAT WE HAVE DONE TO OTHER INNOCENT PEOPLE IN OUR LIFETIME".
    YOU KNOW THE OLD SAYING--" IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROABLY IS."
    " A SUCKER IS BORN EVERY DAY".