Majic Jack / Charges on my Credit Card

1 5100 SE 7th. Place,, Ocala, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 352-789-6544

I placed and order with majicjack on 2-22-09 and cancelled it the same day, just an hour later because of misleading terms in their advertisement. Originally they said that my card would be charged on 2-23, but since I cancelled on 2-22 I didn't worry.
Well they did charge me on 2-22 and made my account overdrawn. It seems like the only way to talk with these people is through a chat line. Listen to this, they claim there is no phone no. I can call and talk with a life-person.
They have sent me an email with the cancellation, but I can not get them to reverse the charges at the bank so I can recuperate the bank fees.
I have chatted with 10 different people, I got all their names, and still can't get anything accomplished.
Originally it was a 30 days free trial before they charge my card, then, because I gave them a debit card instead of credit card they would charge me rather way. What is all this about. Can't they just reverse the charges at the bank and get all this all over with?
10 people and I can't get nothing accomplished? And they don't have a phone No. i can call and talk to a real person? Come on, what kind of company are we dealing with here?

Comments

14th of Jul, 2008
    Majic Jack - dosen't work /can't return
    magic jack
    California
    magicjack.com

product worked find for two days then would not let me call out, when i tried tec support (3 times) they just told me to unplug it and try again. Then when i tried to fill out the form to return it
    conveniently there is no box for my email address which is require to receive an RMA to return this garbage. you got it
    and you have to keep it. Does the word fraud come to mind?
    Oh yeah! Someone should stop these crooks now

• Ju
      2nd of Aug, 2008

have not recieved in mail it has been thirty days

• Ju
      2nd of Aug, 2008

I have not recieved my order of 1 majic jack in the mail it's been over thirty days

• Pe
      3rd of Aug, 2008

I have a majic jack and i just love it.
    It worked 1st time no software to load no problems.
    Keep in mind you have to have a very fast internet or it will skip and you will lose calls (dont use wifi) although i do sometimes and it skips so overall for the price i paid im happy. i wish people would stop complaining. If its technical support you need (someone to hold your hand) forget it, that drives up costs go to a forum and figure it out yourself. Or go to vonage pay the big $$ like all those suckers out there.
    Peter

• As
      17th of Aug, 2008

I was really excited about this product when I first heard about it. So, I ordered it and it never came. That was back in March of this year. In April I chatted with someone online and she supposedly sent me another majic jack. That never came either. Well, now it is August. I have a very busy life and I have not really had the time to call. One thing they did not have a problem in doing was deducting the $39.99 out of my account after the 30 days. That part worked like a charm. Not so well on my end.

• Jc
      20th of Aug, 2008

After placing order and receiving confirmation email with information for contact to cancel or change order, when I tried to reply a return email indicates the email address that they told me to reply to is NO LONGER IN USE????

Seems something is wrong here!!!

CAVEAT EMPTOR.

• Mi
      20th of Aug, 2008

I ordered my Mgicjack last week, I received it in 5 days and it works great.

• Je
      9th of Sep, 2008

I got one it worked well through abou 4 calls. Now I have an Icon on the desk top and that is all. It's not listed on add remove programs. I can't call out, just look at that stupid icon. It's too late for me to get a refund. Gullable me, Live and Learn.

• Ar
      27th of Oct, 2008

I have had Majic Jack for two or three months now and find it a great bargain, but cannont retrieve my VMs. I can't find a place that has instructions on how to check one's pw as I think I have mine wrong and need to find the right one or change it. Any ideas anyone??? Please :-)
    Art

• Nf
      4th of Nov, 2008

I placed an order last night late and used my debit card. I didn't actually send in that order and changed my mind to a lesser order and put it on a credit card so that I would not be charged until the 30 day tryout period. It was late, so I turned off my computer and went to bed. I had not looked at it again until this afternoon when I found out that they had supposedly already shipped the more expensive order and put it on my debit card and had cancelled the less expensive one on my credit card. I sent a complaint about it and also received an email that said that email was not longer working or something. I tried to find a phone number to no avail, but was able to "chat" with someone on line who completly avoided my question about a telephone number that might be available to actually talk to someone. He said the only thing that could be done was to cancel my order, which I told him to do. I will contact my bank tomorrow about not honoring the withdrawal. I will wait to see whether the product will arrive and go from there

• Pt
    Texas City
    Texas
    Phone: 409 797 4201
    majicjack.com

I purchased two majic jacks after watching a commercial on tv for the product and it said you could return it if you were unhappy. I bought them for my mom who lives out of town. Come to find out after I recieved them, she has satellite dish and they do not work with satellite dish. So, after I returned home from my moms out of town we had a hurricane that knocked our power out for almost one month. After that, it took me another month to get my cable internet back working. Since there is no information on the package about how to return this majicjack I just had to wait until I could get back on the internet and look for a site. I did find several. I went to the official site and asked a live operator how to return it, he gave me a web site address. I went to the web site address and could not get any information on how to return at all and finally after looking for as long as I could, I gave up. I tried again, knowing how quickly things change online I went a different route and googled something and got lucky and was able to get a site that said I could fill out an RMA form and this would be the only way to obtain a refund only to be told by the live operator that since it is beyond 30 days I can not get a refund. It does not say anywhere all sales are final. What can I do from what I understand, these people are ripping off others left and right too. I have not opened the package where the majic jacks are contained. Only the envelope was opened. There is no reason not to give me my money back. I explained to the guy the hurricane was not my fault and restoring power to our cities that were hit by this hurricane has been a nightmare for all of us. We have lost enough money this year without getting ripped off by these people too.

• Va
      2nd of Dec, 2008
    Majic Jack - Bad service
    Majic Jack
    P.O. 6785
    West Palm Beach
    Florida
    MajicJack.com

We have tried countless times to fix the issues we are having. We have talked with literally all levels of technical support. Technical Support is not even upset when you tell them that you are sending it back.

Service is intermittent at best. Many times, Magic Jack has on many occasions dropped phone calls or puts the call on hold and then drops the call. The software will not allow you take the call off hold.

If a third person calls, the call is automatically turned into a three way call.

Many times, you dial the number after getting a dial tone and it will dial and then there is silence.

Many, many times the calls clarity is so bad that the other person gets frustrated trying to talk to you.

We have moved the software & device to a separate computer and still the problems persist. We have made sure that the base of the phone is not anywhere near any other electrical devices.

We have restarted the software, unplugged the device, reformatted the device, downloaded updates, switched USB ports, restarted the computer, changed options in security settings and various other Windows XP options per technical support. I would like to add that my husband is an MCSE and has various other certifications as well and has tried repeatedly to work with the technical support.

It is my understanding that Magic Jack doesn't have a telephone and not even in the detailed license agreement is there a phone number or address. Through research, we found that MajicJack is owned by YMAX.corp.

There is also a complaint on [redacted].com. The number of the report is 320581.

The Better Business Bureau in Florida has had over 280 complaints in 6 months and has launched an investigation. www.wptv.com/content/investigate/story.aspx?content_id=57BCE2BD-41BF-47E9-9FBD-CEE879D2D64C

It is also my understanding that the product is actually in beta 3 testing and has not actually been around for the two years the "cute" advertising says.Magic Jack has only been available since 1/2017.

Magic Jack.com has an Editor's Choice endorsement from PC Magazine, but I had a hard time finding it, because the company is called YMAX Corp. PC Magazines site also has a statement "DO Not Buy Magic Jack".(www.ymaxcorp.com)

Daniel Borislow (owner) says he invested 17 million in the product and has 20 years in the telecommunications industry. I suppose he is working getting his 17 million back by hook or crook! S.J. Labs developed the software for MagicJack and by affiliation should be included in an investigation. (www.sjlabs.com)

See magic-jack.pissedconsumer.com also has some choice comments about the quality of Magic Jack.

• Do
      6th of Dec, 2008

Yes I strongly agree that Magic Jack is a rip-off! We bought 4 of them for our office and they work very poorly. Installation also installs secret monitoring files on your computer. The speed of the network reallly slooooows down when in use too. It's a piece of crap!

• Lo
      21st of Jan, 2009

My MagicJack decided to quit working and the is no support or way to contact them. Their website says talk to a live agent 24/7 but all it does is send you to some canned results and the results how-to that shows you how to 'fix' your issue does not work.

I would recommend everyone to think twice before purchasing this device.

LorenP
    A-once-happy-customer BUT no-more

• Rd
      22nd of Feb, 2009

majic jack I purchased was returned.I used the replacement and had identical issues.Cell phones can call, but land lines cannot.hours & hours on
    "chat", with no satisfactory results (in fact, no results at all!), I have come to the conclusion that, I have become the victim of a scam! Years ago, I invented
    a remote car start device, .Conciquently F.a.a/F.c.c. & various other govornment run factions put stipulations and constraints on a simple idea, that it made it impossible fo a simple citizen to develop an idea.Mine, was a working device that was later developed and marketed as a very profitable venture.
    I know how to make a working usb telephone device.I know alot of things.If you are reading this, I know alot about you.I am a humble man, who can
    change the way of the world, but you won't let me.Not now!

Regards;Rick

• Ro
      24th of Feb, 2009
    Majic Jack - too many conflicts - stops working
    majic jack
    California

The majic jack worked for three calls and then stopped working and causes my safari to shut down. they company tried to help me but they only have two fixes.. install updates that i already installed and erase the phone to start over. they even asked my to go from my mac to a pc... but it wouldnt work their either... they wont take the return and ive only had this thing a month.. not to mention, even if they did take the return and send me a new one.. i cant keep the same phone number and id be without a phone line for quite some time. Further, im in Australia now and have to look into new phone systems

what a rip off
    rocky

• La
      26th of May, 2009
    Majic Jack - bad product
    MAJIC JACK
    Arlington
    Virginia

This product was a waste of time and money. It worked poorly for two months and then stopped incoming calls. Majicjack's solution was for me to change my number, which defeats the whole purpose of having a second phone number in addition to my cell phone.

I have contacted the Attorney General to complain about this company because there is no published phone number to call and speak with an American, only their outsourced chat help.

• Uh
      26th of May, 2009

well I hate to say told you so, but if you let someone sell you an offer that seems too good to be true, that's because it is! come on, reliable phone service anywhere in the U.S for less than $20 a year? Did you also believe Anna Nicole Smith lost all her weight on Trim Spa?

• Ri
      4th of Jun, 2009

jack is all jacked up work then it will not work hate the thing

• Ri
      4th of Jun, 2009

jack is all jacked up when it works it is always a bad conection you never talk to anyone its a bad deal save your money