Majestic Visa / Closed account

United States, Kansas Review updated:
I have had my majestic visa for years. I have never been late on any payment and always pay more than the min due. I received a letter this week 7/21/09 stating that my account was being closed. I have no idea as to why this is happening. How can they just do something like this.

N  23rd of May, 2009 by

Majestic Visa - not standing by thier promise
mejestic visa

you can get a card once your balance on another account is paid in full after you pay so much they will send you a credit card.I had surgery and called and told them to see if they would work with me.they sent me a reply in writing stating that I could pay sop much a month for a year and they would not charge me any over limit fees or late fees. Now they are trying to say I did not do as I said I would do. Not only this problem every month before payment was due they would call to see if you wanted to do a payment by phone.Finally I had my phone number changed and unlisted, so they can not call me.
N  22nd of Jul, 2009 by
Same issue - had my card for years without an issue. Now I get this letter... They must have gotten into some troubles. That's the only reason I can see for this blatant screw over.
A  23rd of Jul, 2009 by
Me too, have had the card for years...never been late..no overcharges etc..perfect customer...got the letter my account was closed for no reason..Oh well that was my highest interest rate anyway...
N  24th of Jul, 2009 by
have had my majestic visa for years reallygoing to miss it, but oh well thats the way this works, they screw and take it on us THE ONES THAT ALWAYS PAY ON TIME!!!THATS WRONG
A  12th of Aug, 2009 by
Had card for a while and now I'm cant get one thanks Majestic.
A  11th of Dec, 2009 by
they did the same thing to me. had account for 5 yrs, never late, paid on time. really pissed me off.

cathy from pa
N  5th of Jan, 2010 by
The FTC filed a formal lawsuit against CompuCredit, which owns Majestic, in June 2008 for blatant and repititious violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and numerous other federal laws. Avoid Aspire, Little Rock, and Core cards, as they are part of the same family of predators. Also, check your credit report to ensure that no negative information is listed from Jefferson Capital, another sub of CompuCredit.