Mainstreetsavings / Fishy

1 United States

I have been a member of Mainstreet Savings for more than one year. The deal is exactly like with Simple Escapes: I pay $14.95 a month and I can order gift certificates with 20% discount. When I wanted to order some gift cards in January, I found out that my membership was cancelled. When I called them about it I was told that my credit card company declined the $14.95 membership fee payment on Jan. 8, which I cannot believe considering that the amount is so small (a larger charge than that went thru with no problem at all), and they have been doing it every month. I do not understand why Mainstreet did not contact me at all if there is indeed a problem (they have my address and tel. No.). When I said that I would like to renew and can have it charged to a different credit card (if there is really a problem with the card that I used to pay them), they told me to apply at Dealpass.com. I noticed that the conditions are different than the one that Mainstreet Savings offered. When I asked them to give me a proof that their charge was denied by my credit card company, they refused to do so. I suspect there is something fishy going on.

Va