mainstays cookware set / overcharged

1 El Camino StSacramento, CA, United States Review updated:

It's almost camping time so I purchased a inexpensive cookware set for camping. The posted price was $17.98.
At the register I was charged $44.98 for a set of cutlery that had a shelf price of $22.98 so we had a big deal with the manager checking the price on that. I chose not to buy it at that price. I did not notice that I was over charged two dollars on the cookware set until I got home.
Think about it with as many customers as Walmart has if one million people did not notice being overcharged that is $2, 000, 000.00 a windfall! What do I have to do now to get my two dollars back? I have to take it back to customer service wait in a long long line for 30 minutes. Or I will just eat it as I have so many times before. I've come to accept that if I'm going to shop at WalMart I am going to be overcharged!

Co

Comments

• Ve
      30th of Jun, 2009

My husband and i bought a cookware set by mainstays and after only one use the frying pan looks like it broke out with the chicken pox its nasty looking. When i was it i used a soft wash cloth at first i thought it was that boy was i wrong. It grosses me out to look at it

DON'T BY MAINSTAYS COOKWARE SET I RECOMMEND T-FAL OR ANYTHING OTHER THAN MAINSTAYS

• St
      14th of Jul, 2009

My family and I bought a frying pan and the teflon was comming off into our food thats gross

• Le
      27th of Mar, 2010

Same here...disgusting...

• Du
      16th of Nov, 2010

I still use the skillet with most of the coated teflon gone I put alum-foil in the bottom cause I can't afford another pan but i notice my face has been swelling could be I been posioned

• Ro
      24th of Jan, 2011

I bought the frying pan at WalMart because it was Made in U.S.A. (something very hard to find at WalMart)
    After just three uses, it seems to me it's headed back to WalMart real soon for a full refund... JUNK!!

• Jm
      9th of May, 2011

Bought there large skillet with a glass top, used it several times, seemed fine no problem with the coating but I only used maybe 4 times, but while it was not in use and had not been for a week or more the glass top exploded. No one was in the kitchen at the time but heard this lot noise and we found it in millions of pieces. I think the top is a defected product.

JMonroe

• Cl
      8th of Oct, 2014

After 3 uses of cookware noticed chips of the pan coating in food.

• Co
      20th of Jan, 2015

I recently purchased a set of black cook wear and have only had it a month. With no scratching nor scraping the non stick paint is chipping off. I don't know how this is a proper set if your cooking for tour family and children and find paint chips in our food. It needs to be recalled and people should get refunded for them. They shouldn't be sold if the paint chips this easily.