MailUFake employer

The company MailU Inc. hired me as mail clerk from home. They offered me $2000 per month as well as reimbursement in amount of $300 if I bought something for my work. One week before they needed to pay me, my manager stopped to answer to my calls and emails. I tried to call to all departments of this company, but there were only voice mails. I wonder if someone had the same situation and can offer good solution. Thanks.

Sw
Dec 15, 2013

Comments

• Je
      Jul 20, 2019

When did this happen to you... I was just offered a job from them and felt it was sketchy since there was no interview. And when I researched them. There isnt much information. A bunch of news articles but one was paid for. The others I'm not sure if paid for or not. I cant find them on glassdoor so.and like you I tried calling the number they gave it was just a voicemail. It is the weekend when I did call tho. Just wanted to see if you ever got an update.

Jul 21, 2019

im to start on tuesday with them; I was offered 3700 a month and 300$ expense . I searched them but same as above. now I'm worried because i was counting on this. Not only that but i gave them tax info.

Jul 21, 2019

I'm going to try calling them tomorrow to fi d out more info. Also I'm looking into their office address. I haven't turned in my info yet to them cause I thought it was weird to get a job without an interview... did you get an interview? A guy named randolph was the first to reach out to me. Sounded like he was a recruiter outsourced for mailu inc. Did you have that same situation where an oursource recruiter reached out? Said they found your resume without you initially applying in the first place?

Jul 21, 2019

@JewelsinCali no iterview, but they checked my background and mailing address. they said main thing was my address. they gave me access to an online platform were I am to get all the info on the packages sent to me. and a message board to get in contact with my manager. The company is real, because it is found in google searching. I did do a search before anything but didn't find anything bad but nothing good from past or current employees. until today when i ran into this posting. now I don't know what do to. I want to send a message to the manager that was assigned to me but I'm scared that if it is lagit i will look bad doing this

Jul 23, 2019

@melissa46579594 Mail U is looking sketchy. I called the office tower in Miami and talk to the security guy. He said there was nobody on the 15th floor with a company named mail you. I then called the leasing office and she confirmed there's no company name male you and the only tenant on the 15th floor is a company called Lloyd Jones. When I call the mail you mean phone number numerous times selecting different extensions that they offer it never gets picked up and it all bounces to mail box 101 even though I'm dialing a different extension. It seems very suspicious to me. If you ever talk to a live person maybe asking what the address of their current location is and if they say it's 1001 Brickell Bay Drive Suite 1512 then my next question would be is that a physical address or just a mail stop

Jul 23, 2019

My bf called the office tower in Miami where mailu is supposed to be located and talk to the security guy. He said there was nobody on the 15th floor with a company named mailu. then called the leasing office and she confirmed there's no company named mailu and the only tenant on the 15th floor is a company called Lloyd Jones. When we both called the office number numerous times selecting different extensions that they offer it never gets picked up and it all bounces to mail box 101 even though we dialed a different extension.If you ever talk to a live person maybe asking what the address of their current location is and if they say it's 1001 Brickell Bay Drive Suite 1512. Then my next question would be is that a physical address?or just a mail stop. Please ask your manager if that is where him and the team is located. If he says yes then we know he is lying. I'm about convinced this is a scam...

Also found out that the login to get our paper work was created two days after the usamailu.com website was created on May 25, 2015. Found an address of the registrant "john Adams". The address took me to a UPS building!

Sorry im hoping to be wrong keep us updated. But I'm pretty sure it's bs. I suggest reporting to better business bureau. I am.

• Ra
      Jul 23, 2019

Hey guys, THIS IS 100% A SCAM, PLEASE READ, HERE IS PROOF AND WHAT STEPS TO TAKE NEXT. Sorry, this is pretty awful.. They got me too.
    So, same story here; 1) contacted by (I assumed) a recruiter named "Francine Wyatt" 2) replied asking for details and was sent an official looking company email with a link & code in order to apply (at this point I researched [apparently not thoroughly enough]the company, typical red flags were not popping up for scam companies i.e. didn't ask for money up front, had a physical address, had an official website with company email, no grammatical errors in emails or on website, US based company and company has physical address) 3)contacted by text and told to check email 4) read welcome email which contained employee login info 5) logged in and submitted contract, I-9, & W-4 forms 6) received another text prompting me to log into platform 7) logged in and my account had been activated 8) received email from "Gloria Wasser" introducing herself as the Remote Operations Manager & my primary contact, was told to send a sample message which I did not do.
    A couple of things started to seem fishy so I started to dig deeper. I've now collected tons of data. The address is a virtual office here's the link; https://www.davincivirtual.com/loc/us/florida/miami-virtual-offices/facility-1283
    and it IS registered to the supposed owner, here's the link for that; http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/corporationsearch/SearchResultDetail?inquirytype=EntityName&directionType=ForwardList&searchNameOrder=MAILU%20P030001439230&aggregateId=domp-p03000143923-63f0da53-d0cc-4a46-bdef-111fdd48830a&searchTerm=MAIMARA%2C%20LLC&listNameOrder=MAILTRENDZUSA%20S879230
    But check this out;

Same guy, same building, different corporation. I have two more corporations with his name just like those two.
    So, the website LOOKS legit, but all the customer links for them to sign up or to open an account are broken, every one of them links to this error page;
    Also, if you look closely at the"Paypal", "MasterCard", "visa" links, they are all fake. Look closely at the logos & URLs and read the small print at the bottom of the pages.
    ALL of these domains are new including the login for the logisticscrm page and they are ALL hosted by the same people, the locations vary from Orlando to Wichita to IRELAND, check it out;
    The interviews & press releases are paid for if you read the small print at the bottom of each site.
    ALL of the phone numbers are VoIP numbers.
    The contract is just a generic Google employee contract.
    This is a very thought out, detailed, reshipping scam.
    It LOOKS legit, until you look closely. They are too new to show up on the scam radar yet, the domains are only a few months old and they paid enough attention to detail that they didn't throw up the standard red flags. They use our addresses to ship goods bought with stolen credit cards and they use our identities to create false accounts, we are the scape goats.
    If you receive any packages you need to take them directly to your local authorities so you will not be implemented in any crime. If you gave them your bank account info then NOTIFY YOUR BANK IMMEDIATELY, if you accept the money you could be implemented in the crime. Print the pages I linked to you along with any emails you have from the company etc and file a cyber crime report with your local police so that you will have documentation on file that you were a victim and NOT involved, also report it to any job board that you are listed on because they got our info from one of those boards, it doesn't mean the boards are involved it just means they are being used as well and all of them want things like this reported. Here is a link to the FBI internet crime page;
    This a link to a scam/fraud victims page that gives you links and instructions in order to report this to the FBI and to inform the credit bureaus, social security, Banks, etc that your identity may be compromised.

This is horrible, frustrating and embarrassing. But they covered a lot of bases...they were very convincing. Enough so that I, and I'm sure you as well, quit our jobs according to their "contract". We need to make sure others know that scammers have upped their game. I'm sorry to all of you, this was a pretty tragic discovery for me, so I know how you guys feel. If you want any of the other info I collected etc. then just respond back here and I'll help if I can.
    Best of luck!

Jul 24, 2019

@RachelS26 I contacted the BBB and they did state that the red flags are not there but that so little is known about this and they would look further into it. i didnt give them my bank info but they did get my SS. I am already taking the precautions to get that looked. Did you have problems with your SS ?

• Va
      Aug 26, 2019

@RachelS26 I need nore info please

• Ta
      Jul 25, 2019

Mailu is very suspect. Jul 10 l received an email from HR TEAM JOB

• Ke
      Aug 09, 2019

due to the nature of this scam and its ability to get personal sensitive information from folks such as ss# and driver's lienees has anyone noticed unauthorized activity on their accounts or new accounts opened in their name?

Aug 10, 2019

I did not release my information to them because I thought it was sketchy for them to hire me without an interview.