Mailbox Magazines / Fraud

1 P.O. Box Tamarac, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-924-1399

Mailbox Magazines is a telemarketing company who sells magazines. They hook customers by saying that they will be entered into the "Publishers Sweepstakes" which is misunderstood as the well known "Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes" which is a totally separate contest, they are not affiliated at all. I have tried to contact Mailbox Magazines several times to cancel my subscriptions but have not been successful. It is almost like they "lock" you into it. I have refused payment and have contacted the magazine companies individually to cancel my subscriptions. What else can I do?

Cl

More Mailbox Magazines Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Va
      4th of Nov, 2008
    Mailbox Magazines - Scam and cheating
    Mailbox Magazines
    6329 W Commercial Blvd
    Tamarac
    Florida
    Phone: 800-9241399

Receive a call saying I won a free diamond watch with a subscription to 3 magazines. After, I got the bill and said I would be charged $59.80 for the next 15 months. This is almost four times the amount of the magazines cover price.

When tried to call they said I could not cancel.

• Ac
      29th of Jan, 2009

Hey, I had the exact same bs happen to me!!! What did you do?

• Al
      5th of Jun, 2009

I got tricked into this same scam! I paid over $500 for magazines that I don't want anymore. I finally paid them fully off about halfway through my payment period. I was fed up with paying them every month. I received my crappy ladies watch which broke about a month into having it and supposedly I'm entered into a drawing for a large pot of money (doubt it). I was told because they recorded me saying that I wouldn't cancel it, that it was legally binding...there is someone who is fighting it at /URL removed/ She might be a good contact. I've called them since I've moved and they changed my address for me so at least they honor that. I'm calling again tomorrow to change my address yet again and I am going to ask them about the jackpot prize.
    Beware because they will call you again (they called at 6:00 am one morning) and try to scam you into MORE! The lady who spoke with me said that for only$2 a week I can upgrade to something else. I said I can't really afford anything right now and very rudely she replies "you can't afford $2 a week?" I said a few nasty words and I haven't heard from them since. Warn you friends and loved ones... DO NOT SIGN UP FOR A MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION UNLESS ITS FROM THE MAGAZINE ITSEL[censored]

• Le
      9th of May, 2011

Go to the Federal Trade Commission, and the Fort Lauderdale office of the Florida Attorney General. Go after Mailbox Magazines parent corporation under the Lanham Act because. Publisher's Sweepstakes and Publisher's Clearing Sweepstakes are violations of the Lanham Act (I have helped other consumers with these people and they have used both titles.) Publisher's Sweepstakes is an infringement on Publisher's Clearing House's trademark with the intent to mislead consumers into believing they are dealing with Publisher's Clearing House. Since the intent is to financially profit from said confusion, they are in clear violation of the Lanham Act. Publisher's Sweepstakes is a shell corporation that does nothing but Mailbox Magazines the opportunity to confuse consumers.