Mahindra Scorpio / Default Vehicle

1 India Review updated:

I had purchased a Mahindra Scorpio VLS from G3 Motors, Nerul, Navi Mumbai on the 12th of June. I took the vehicle delivery with a defective starter motor. However, the same got rectified with a new starter motor on the next day by the dealership. ever since, my vehicle has been in and out of the G3 workshop on a weekly basis. The vehicle has hardly done 1200 kms. ( Mind you i got the vehicle delivered with the odo meter clocking 306 kms). that means i have not even run the vehicle for 1000 kms.

Last three weeks its been a harrowing experience with my NEW SCORPIO. After paying close to 10 lakhs for the new M Hawk Machine, it is proving to be a DUD Machine. The clutch of the vehicle has failed for the 5th time yesterday. This is despite the fact that each time it went to the dealership they had assured me that the problem has been sorted out completely. The last time it went to the workshop was on 28th June and i got the vehicle delivered to me at my house on 29th with a promise that the problem has been identified and rectified. But, to my dismay, the clutch gave up last night with my family in the car and stranded for help. It took almost an hour to gather my thoughts and get the damn vehicle moving and reach home.

I tried complaining to Mahindra and their response was someone will call me from the service dept. No one called me till now and i do not expect them to call me as well. The dealer ship people are on a high horse. They are least bothered about after sales and once the vehicle is sold their responsibility is over it this specific attitude piss me off. Fortunately, i understand the vehicle better than their service engineers. ( I am a test driver with one of the best known automotive companies in India).

I must also talk about some of the few good men in the dealership. They are genuine and wants to get my vehicle rectified. But they are not the one who are getting the vehicle done; so their knowledge about the mechanical parts of the vehicle is almost nil.

I am seriously planning to take Mahindra and G3 Motors to Consumer Court.

Cv

Comments

• Su
      22nd of Mar, 2010

Sir,
    I have purchased my dream vehicle SCORPIO M-HAWK on 13/3/10 fro m/s SRI MOHAN MOTORS, ROHTAK, HARYANA.
    I was surprised to see the attitude / behavior of the concerned persons in the agency. I was delivered the vehicle with following defects :-
    1. Electrical lead missing from under the dvr. Seat.
    2. Remote for audio sterio missing.
    3. No body at the agency new / not trained about the electronic sensors and equipments.
    4. Alloy wheels having tool marks as the tyres were already changed with another vehicle.
    5. Tool kit missing completely.
    6. Manual for audio missing.
    7. IF YOU CAN GIVE THE TYRE DETAILS FROM COMPANY I CAN ASSUR YOU THAT THE TYRES ARE ALSO CHANGED.
    8. Last but not the least bill given was for 968000/- and the draft taken by my bankers was for 986000/-. Extended warranty of 2 years is 9999/- . where is my balance amount.
    When asked for the above difects the reason given was :-
    (SAAB KISI NE BADAL DIYA HOGA, DOOSRI VLX GAADI AAYEGI TO USKA NIKAAL KAR AAPKO DEDENGE)
    Somebody must have change these items, we will give you these items when we will receive another VLX scorpio for sale.
    ISN’T IT RIDICULAS