Maguire Hughes Carpenter / They take your money and don't do the work

These guys stopped by (I didn't call them, they just drove by I guess) and knocked on the door. They pointed out that my downspouts were not lined up correctly (which was true) and that the water was washing out my plant beds. They offered to re-align them and promised to go to the store and oick up the materials right away and do the job. The total quote was $250 and I gave them the 200 they needed for the parts etc. They left me a card with the quote written on it. Have not heard a word from them since. RIP OFF

Re
Jan 21, 2016

More Maguire Hughes Carpenter Complaints & Reviews

Comments

27th of Jan, 2016

These guys got us as well. We were fooled by the nice truck. Now that I look back on it, it was probably a rental truck and they just have magnets that they put on the doors. It worried me that they wouldn't take a Visa card, but they were supposed to seal coat our driveway and we just didn't know what was customary in that industry. I wish I had checked this site BEFORE we lost our hard earned money to these scammers!

• Do
      28th of Jan, 2016

Same story here :(
    They said they could see that our foundation was shifting and it needed to be examined and they offered to be he consultants for the review. We gave them $500 to hold a spot for us last Saturday morning. Around noon I called them and the number was bogus. I'm going to consult the guys face if I ever see him again and then he can consult a plastic surgeon.

3rd of May, 2018

we all know you are making this up. Funny how an owner of a consulting company has to make up a false story about a roofing company that doesn't exist just to try an trick people when they google the company. Nice try on the key word "consult" too. Lies... per usual...