Mags4Cheap.com / Kept my money but did not deliver product!

TX, United States Review updated:

I placed order in October 2007 for "Kids Discover" magazine. My card was billed for it and it was paid. As of this date I have not received either the magazine or any correspondence. I have been scammed.

Comments

Na
  25th of May, 2007
Ordered Sports Illustrated on January 9, 2007 and the credit card was charged the same day. Received an email confirming the subscription on January 25, 2007 stating that the magazine will be arriving in 4 to 8 weeks (maximum 10). Today is May 25, 2007 and still no Sports Illustrated or a word from Mags4Cheap.
Ho
  2nd of Jun, 2007

Mags4Cheap.com - No refund received

Placed an order with this company 12/06, for Shooting Times. The order didn't ever come. I have called several times, and have emailed with Brian, he reassured me that the check was in the mail. I am due $16.95 for a refund and they don't seem to care. This is fraud on their part, and frankly I will let everyone know what a shotty company they are.
Ki
  19th of Jun, 2007
I have been corresponding with them for one full year. Ordered Redbook on June 15, 2006 and now, a year later, still have no magazine or refund. They say they will mail the refund and it never happens. They've essentially stolen my money - this is a criminal enterprise.

Do not purchase products from them!
Mm
  20th of Jun, 2007
No refund placed order jan. 10 2007 "was accepted" mags4cheap.com never bothered to tell me the publisher of beadmagazine stopped accepting orders through them. I've written several times called, etc... no refund.
So
  11th of Jan, 2008
Ordered subscription on 8/8/07 and my VISA was prompted charged $32. Have never received Antique Trader Weekly subscription. Have called three times - once I was told to wait longer, once I was told they would look into it and email me (never received an email), once I was told the problem was resolved and I should receive the newspaper shortly (never did). I have also emailed and left messages when they did not answer the phone and was never given a reply. Five months have passed now and I still have not received the subscription or a refund. It is obvious that I have lost my $32 This company is a total rip off!
Be
  5th of Mar, 2008
I just stumbled upon this site... am totally surprise that I am not the only one experiencing problems with Mags4cheap.com, I, too, ordered a subscription back in march '07. After numerous phone calls in which the operators "promise the delivery within the end of the month". They offered me a free magazine subscription - and that didn't come either!!! It is now one year later and still no subscription. I also believed I spoke with Brian... who conveniently does not recall such conversations with me because it was not "noted" in the computer that I made several phone calls. I guess I've been cheated as well...
  22nd of Mar, 2008
I purchased a consumer reports subscription in December and never received one magazine. The two times I spoke to a live person at Mags in February, both employees were very professional and appeared genuinely surprised/concerned. I was told that they were going to check with the publisher and call me back. I never received a call back but did noticed there was a note on my order/accounts page that they had re-submitted the request to the publisher. Progress, yeah! and I actually felt guilty thinking this might not be a legit company and had enough confidence to purchase a subscription to Money. Sucker I was.

Tried to call multiple times again to get status. Either received voice mail or hangups. Submitted on-line request, no response. Found this site and put in a dispute with my credit card. I will likely get my money back, no big deal. But I don't want anyone else to be cheated.

Don't believe their tag -
"Shop With Confidence: Over 3, 000, 000 Orders Shipped! " located on the bottom of their web-site, it is a farce.

No longer a gullible consumer.
Ch
  4th of Apr, 2008
no magazine

no answer there phone

no answer email

RIP OFF
Ro
  11th of Apr, 2008
I have had a similar problem with mags4cheap.com. I purchased a subscription to The Weekly Standard on 11/23/07 from this website. I received a confirmation email on 12/5/07 stating that the magazine's clearinghouse had confirmed receipt of my order and would process it for delivery. No magazine ever came. On 1/15/08 I contacted the magazine directly, and there was no record of my subscription in their database. I contacted mags4cheap.com via their toll-free number (1-877-932-6247) and spoke with someone who said they would look int0 it. Consequently, my order status on the mags4cheap.com website indicated that my order had been accepted by the publisher again on 1/22/08 and 1/28/08. Still. no magazine arrived at my door. I made yet another phone call to the company on 1/28/08 stating my displeasure, and I was informed that they would "resubmit" my order. So a new order was initiated (at no additional cost to me) on 1/28/08, with an acceptance by the publisher on 2/6/08. I have yet to receive a magazine from this order, and I had to place an order through the magazine'sa website itself in mid-March to get an actual copy of the magazine, which I began to receive this week (4/9/08). I have tried to call mags4cheap.com several times in the past few weeks, and each time, I request to speak to someone in customer service, which then connects me directly to voicemail. No one is answering calls there any more.

This company is a Class A SCAM operation. I will be submitting complaints to the BBB and will file a complaint to the local TV station consumer watchdog group.
Ca
  14th of Apr, 2008

Mags4Cheap.com - No magazine since order placed!
MAgs4cheap.com
www.MAgs4cheap.com

A gift subscription was ordered 12/16/07 for People magazine. It has never arrived (4/14/08) Mags4cheap has sent one excuse after another. I think the company is a fraud. Buyer beware!
Jo
  14th of Apr, 2008
I subscribed to Steelers Digest 10/07 & was told by Mags4cheap.com to wait 4-8 weeks(twice), and 6 months later no issues sent. For the last 3 weeks, I left over 12 phone or email messages and never got a reply from them. Finally after contacting BBB.org to complain, I finally got my refund from Mags4cheap.com 4 days later. When I did contact mags4cheap.com they claimed it was the publishers fault, but that wasnt the case.
Beware, if its cheap...you may never get any service & product you paid for.
Va
  15th of Apr, 2008

Mags4Cheap.com - Beware of them
Mags4Cheap.com
www.mags4cheap.com

Subscribed to Steelers Digest 10/07 & was told by Mags4cheap.com to wait 4-8 weeks, and 6 months later no issues sent. For the last 3 weeks, I left over 12 phone or email messages and never got a reply from them. Finally after contacting BBB.org to complain, I finally got my refund from Mags4cheap.com 4 days later. When I did contact mags4cheap.com they claimed it was the publishers fault, but that wasn’t the case. I contacted the publisher many times and they never got an order from mags4cheap.com.

Beware, if its cheap...you may never get any service & product you paid for.
To
  15th of Apr, 2008
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH MAGS4CHEAP!!! I ordered two magazines as a birthday gift on 1October 2007. After eight weeks the magazines American Handgunner and Guns had not arrived. I called Mags4chaep and was told that the order had not been submitted correctly and that they would ensure my brother received the magazines. I checked again in March 2008 and they assured me the magazines would arrive the first week in April at the latest. I called them today April 15 and cancelled the order. No magazines were ever received.

I would advise you contact all your friends and alert them not to do business with Mags4Cheap.
Pa
  29th of Apr, 2008
Please do not order from this site. Go directly to the magazines. They have one excuse after another for not refunding my money. I am beyond angry and plan to follow up with the Consumer Protection Agency!
Ma
  30th of Apr, 2008

Mags4Cheap.com - Never received subscription
University Park
Florida

Ordered and paid for subscription to TRADITIONAL HOME Magazine on 12/15/2007, never received subcription. No return calls from customer service (4 calls to them), no response from their website. They are a fraudulent company.
Wi
  12th of Jun, 2008

Mags4Cheap.com - never received product
Alexandria
Louisiana
Phone: 318-448-8126

Ordered a magazine subscription and charged in February. As of today, 6-12-07, still have not received. Bogus customer service and emails are flat out lies. They sent me an email saying they tried to call me. They forgot about caller id. I have my credit card company on them right now. I was charged 49.00.
Sm
  5th of Aug, 2008
They took my money but never delivered my subscription. Not worth any discounts!!! you are better off ordering the subscriptin you want from the actual website of the company. DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE!!!
Re
  18th of Aug, 2008

Mags4Cheap.com - Won't issue refund/return calls
Magazines 4 Cheap
Houston
mags4cheap.com

Order (2) magazines. Main magazine (cost approximately 75.00) never came after 3 months. Contacted mags4cheap and they said they could not fill the order and would issue refund. I have called several times since then and either get told check is coming (and it never has) or leave a voicemail which they never return. Still not getting an assistance. If they charged my credit card for the order why can't they issue credit instead of check? Getting no help!
Rb
  16th of Nov, 2008
Ladies & Gentlemen -

I have been the absentee owner of Mags4Cheap.Com for years. I own several other businesses that occupy the majority of my time. About 3 years ago I handed this company off to a management team that has done a very good job of running my company to the ground. There was a time when Mags4Cheap was the best name online for magazine subscriptions. Obviously, that is no more. About a month ago, my own mother found the negative reviews about my company online and called me. I have since come back to Mags4Cheap, replaced my entire staff and am actively managing it myself. We have sold to more than 3 Million people, and although we have millions of very happy customers, there are nevertheless some very unhappy customers out there, including those who posted here.

I am here to reach out to any customers who have not either received their magazine subscription or a refund. If you fit in this category, you may email me directly at rbfallon@mags4cheap.com or call me directly at 281-558-5618.

I will personally investigate your issues and refund you if necessary.

I apologize for the bad experience you have had and I am here to make things right.

Cordially,

R. Brandon Fallon
Mags4Cheap.Com
Owner
Rb
  16th of Nov, 2008
Ladies & Gentlemen -

I will personally investigate your issues and refund you if necessary.

Cordially,