Mags4Cheap / Problems with subscription reimbursement!

I placed an order for Blue and Gold Illustrated with mags4cheap on 12/12/06 at which time my Visa was promptly billed for $21.95. After the 10-12 week period which they said a monthly may take to receive, I called mags4cheap and was told I needed to wait a couple more weeks. In early April I talked to a Nicole at mags4cheap who told me that they had sent an email several weeks before this informing me that the subscription could not be carried out. I never received the email. I then inquired about my refund and she said "we have to send you a check, we can't credit your Visa" because of the time that passed. She did not respond to my question of why hadn't a refund been processed already. When I did not receive the check I made a return call and spoke with Brian on 5/3 who told me he was writing another check (#4290) and it would go out that afternoon. It has been 11 days and no check. I have sent order the Blue and Gold directly from the publisher.

Comments

• Ka
      15th of May, 2007
    Mags4Cheap - Credit card billed - subscription never received!

I ordered months ago a hot rod car subscription for an inmate. Until this day he has never received it. My credit card was billed!!

• Mi
      22nd of May, 2007

Exact thing has happened to me on my subscription order. Talked to Nicole and Brian. Called the publisher direct and it appears they have ripped me off since I ordered in December 2006. The Better Business Bureau in Houston has Mags4Cheap listed as "unsatisfactory". I have them listed as thieves.

• To
      6th of Jun, 2007

I have the same issue with Mags4cheap.com. I ordered 3 subscriptions on 2/22/07 and as of 6/6/07 have not yet received a single issue. More frustrating is the fact that I have sent at least 4 emails and left 2 voice messages (there is no option to speak to a live person) and have never received any kind of reply. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, so we'll see how that turns out. Recommendation, do not use this service.

• Br
      11th of Jul, 2007
    Mags4Cheap - No magazine, no response

It's been 5 months now since I placed my magazine order. No magazines, no refund, no response to my 3 inquiries. They got my money, I got screwed. I don't mind a mix up in the order process. Things happen. But I do not like being ignored when I inquire about it. Do not do business with these folks, unless you like to gamble.

• La
      20th of Jul, 2007
    Mags4Cheap - 7 Months-no magazine-no response!

I have been through hell with Mags4Cheap. I received a gift certificate in December 2006. I tried unsuccessfully to redeem it on-line, so I called in early January and placed my order via phone and received my confirmation #. I never received the magazine after waiting the required 8 - 10 weeks. I called and was told to wait a couple more weeks. I called again and was told there was a mix-up, but it had been fixed. 1 month later I called and was told they had to do some research and would call me back. They never did. The next 2 times I called I was given completely different stories. The last time I called she put me on hold while she "called the publisher", then told me they had the names mixed up, but it was fixed and I should start receiving the magazines soon AND would get some free additional issues. She also said the publisher would call me directly to confirm. I never received a call or a magazine. I have also sent numerous e-mails to them on their customer service contact site, and have never received a reply. This morning, I called 6 times and each time I sat on hold listening to a recording, then got disconnected.

I finally called the publisher myself and was told they had no record of my name, address, phone # or confirmation #.

It has now been almost 7 months. It's not that $20.o0 is the end of the world, it is the principle of the thing. I won't let this go.

• Te
      9th of Aug, 2007

Hi,

I have had the same thing happen to me. But I tried to called them about three times and always get hanged up by them.

Teresa.

• Si
      9th of Aug, 2007

I think it's time for a class action lawsuit against mags4cheap. My complaint as been going on for over a year with them. Filing a complaint with BBB of Houston right now.

Anyone know a good lawyer? I am beyond angry about this. Sure, it's only about $15 but its the principal of the matter now.

And Nicole is less than great to talk to. Sounded like she didn't even know what she was doing.

• Da
      24th of Aug, 2007

I purchased about 10 subscriptions from them, the magazines the did send came late. I had 3 out of 10 subscriptions that never went through. Is there anyway to get a class action from these people?

• Lo
      6th of Sep, 2007

I am beyond fed up. They charged me twice for the same magazine (Food and Wine) and never came through. Told me they don't deal with them anymore. Promised me a refund 40 times lied to me and told me 3 times that they were issuing it while on the phone with me. Nothing ever came back. I filed a complaint with the BBB, but nothing will come out of it. How are they allowed to run a business and take peoples hard earned money? Now every time I call I get hung up on. I think they are out of business, but still taking peoples money.

19th of Sep, 2007
    Mags4Cheap - Stole my money!

Placed my order in Jan 07. It's now Sep 07 and I have never received any of the 3 magazines ordered. Contacted them every month with no success. Email was rarely responded to, phone calls went unanswered or I was frequently hung up on. They should not be allowed to be in business. Have filed several complaints with the BBB. Avoid and save your money.

• Ni
      10th of Oct, 2007

There definitely is a pattern with this outfit. I ordered a magazine in May, and waited the 8-10 weeks they said to wait. Nothing. Left a phone message on their answering machine; no response. Sent them an e-mail. Received a return message advising me no refunds are possible after two weeks have passed. I hadn't asked for a refund. In a second e-mail, I repeated that I was asking for a date to expect the first issue. No response to that. I can only conclude I have been scammed.

• Ir
      5th of Nov, 2007

I also got scammed by this company! I ordered a couple subscriptions (one was supposed to be a gift for my mother in law), paid with my credit card, and never received anything! (But of course they charged my credit card).

Luckily I have a great credit card company and they removed the charges from my account. I tried calling Mags4Cheap and never got a response. I got one response to the many emails I sent, but it basically said nothing.

This "company" is a joke! Beware! DO NOT USE THEM!!! What I want to know is, how can they still be in business after all these complaints to the BBB?? What the Hell?

• Ni
      27th of Nov, 2007

Terrible, awful and horrible! I ordered 5 magazines 10 months ago. I have received only two of them. Got put on hold once and after waiting for 30 minutes, they hung up on me. When I called back, they said they would look into it and get back to me. I have gotten back to them several times and said, fine - don't send me anything, just return my money and they said they 'couldn't do that'.

Total thieves!!! Buyer Beware! -Nicole Rowan

9th of Dec, 2007

I was also scammed by Mags4cheap. I ordered a subscription of "Martha Stewert" Home decorating magazine and I never received any e-mails or the magazine itself. Six months have passed and when I try to call, the representative always hangs up on me. I called up my credit card company and reported them as a scam.

• Co
      10th of Dec, 2007

I submitted an order of HR: Watches Magazine through Mas4Cheap.com A.K.A.Entertainment4Cheap, Magazines for Cheap or Mags4Cheap on July 30, 2007. I received an email saying that the “Order has been processed” and that I will start receiving the magazine in 4-8 weeks. I followed up on November 2, 2007 at 2:09PM with Nicole. She said there was a problem with the order, she was going to have the order placed on rushed delivery and that I could expect the order in a couple of weeks. She also told me they were going to give me another year for free. I told her I didn’t want the other year only the year I paid for. I followed that call up with a call to HR: Watches Magazine. They told me they did not do business what Mags4 cheap or any of its affiliates as Mags4 cheap claimed.

I called Mags4cheap on November 15 and spoke to a Supervisor named Justin. He told me I could expect the magazine on December 11, 2007. To follow that call up and make sure the order was processed I called HR: Watches Magazine today and spoke to the woman that owns the magazine. She told me they did not have a subscription request for anyone with the name I gave her.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE! THEY ARE CROOKS!!!

• Ju
      26th of Dec, 2007

Mags4cheap has always been good to me. i've been ordering with them for several years and each time i order somewhere around 30-40 magazines and they always come on time with the exception of one which when i called them, they corrected. They're customer service has always been very helpful and i have talked to every person listed above. You guys either must be talking about a different company, or you're trying to spread bad rumors about this company.

4th of Jan, 2008
    Mags4Cheap - never received order or refund
    Mags4Cheap
    851 Dairy-Ashford, Suite B
    Houston
    Texas
    Phone: 877-932-6247
    www.mags4cheap.com

As all of the other complaints about this company I never receieved my magazine subscription or a refund. I did go on line to the Better Business Bureau and complained. If everyone that has had a problem with this company would send in a complaint to the BBB then maybe they will shut them down or do something so no one else will get ripped off.

5th of Jan, 2008

I too ordered a magazine that was never received almost a year later. Stay away from Mags4Cheap!!!! They'll take your money and ignore you.

• Jj
      17th of Jan, 2008

I echo these complaints and have had the same problem with this company. I had a positive first experience which lulled me into ordering again. Six months later, I still have no magazine & no money back - after several attempts to remedy the situation. Perhaps a terribly run company. But I do think the fact that nowhere on their site do they list a customer service email & that numerous times their phone number doesn't allow you to reach a human, points to them being shady. Also, their email contact form has *never* worked. They don't want to help the customer. Period.

• Br
      29th of Jan, 2008

I've had the same problem. Avoid Mags4Cheap! In August 2007, I ordered a 12-month subscription to National Geographic, which was supposed to start by 11/20/2007 at the latest. My credit card was billed immediately. As of 01/29/2008, the magazine still has not come. I have repeatedly contacted them by e-mail (there's no phone number). Each time, they say they'll look into it, but nothing happens. And the response to each follow-up complaint is clearly written by someone totally oblivious to all my earlier complaints (which I keep citing). They refuse to provide a refund. THIS IS FRAUD! They've taken my money for something they cannot deliver.