Mags for Less / Ordered magazine, never received any!

On July 6, 2006, I ordered a one year subscription to People Magazine. I received a confirmation email for the order and seven months later, no magazine. I have sent numerous emails and received numerous excuses as to why the magazine hasn't come but is definitely on its way. I even requested a refund and was promised that it would be posted back to my credit card within 4-5 days. That was several weeks ago and still no refund. I have come to the conclusion that this company is a fraud and has no intentions of delivering its merchandise at a discount to anyone. It's just too bad you don't know about these problems before placing your orders.

More Mags for Less Complaints & Reviews

Comments

21st of Dec, 2007
    Mags for Less - Subscriptions never received!
    Mags for Less
    New York

I ordered 3 gift subscriptions and none were received. I contacted company and requested a refund. Never heard back.

22nd of Dec, 2007

I too was ripped off by this website and its owner, Joel Simkhai. You may be able to get your money refunded if you file a complaint with the New York Attorney General's office.

23rd of Dec, 2007

I too was ripped off by this website and its owner, Joel Simkhai. Do not fall for any of their "customer service" agents' emails. They will string you along just long enough so that you cannot initiate a charge back on your credit card.

Please consider filing a complaint with the New York Attorney General's office. File an online complaint at:

It only takes about 10 minutes. You will need the following information when making the complaint:

Joel Simkhai
    41 W 72nd Street, 10G
    New York, NY 10023
    888-720-6298

There is no guarantee that you will receive your money back by filing a complaint. Nevertheless, it is important that Mr. Cuomo know what type of businesses are operating within his jurisdiction.

You may also want to consider filing complaints with the FBI's internet fraud division at: www.ic3.gov

23rd of Dec, 2007

If you are unable or do not want to file a lien, please consider filing a complaint with the New York Attorney General's office online at:

Principal: Joel Simkhai
    Address: 41 W 72nd Street, 10G, New York, NY 10023
    Phone: 888-720-6298

It only takes about 10 minutes. While there is no guarantee that you will receive your money back by filing this complaint, it is important that Mr. Cuomo know what type of businesses are operating within his jurisdiction.

Also consider filing a complaint with the FBI's Internet Fraud Division at: www.ic3.gov

• Le
      27th of Mar, 2008

I have made REPEATED ATTEMPTS to contact MAGSONTHENET.COM, (Mags for Less) through their customer service, website, by e-mail and by phone, to no avail, and HAVE RECEIVED NO MERCHANDISE FROM THEM and they refuse to contact me after 11 weeks.
    I have complained to the Better Business Bureau.

29th of Apr, 2008

BEWARE: Mags for Less NOT RELIABLE. Ordered subsription over a year ago making monthly followups because subsription never received. Almost a year later, they say the mag was discontinued so I asked for a comparable subscription to be sent - "customer service" replied they would refund my money but not offer to send a different subsription.

• Ho
      1st of Jul, 2008
    Mags for Less - Do not purchase form them
    Mags For Less
    www.magsforless.com

I ordered my father a magazine for Christmas. 6 Months later I have still NOT RECEIVED IT!!! I wrote to customer service stating the problem and they assured me I would receive it in 3-6 weeks. I wrote them AGAIN after 2 months and now they say the magazine is no longer available. How nice!

• Ls
      16th of Jan, 2009
    Mags for Less - No Magazine
    Mags for Less

I ordered a magazine for my daughter's birthday gift.(Jan, '08)
    They charged my credit card and no magazine.
    I did contact them. (June'08) they stated it was on the way...
    No Magazine and no more response...
    DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, THEY ARE LIARS, STEALERS...