Magnavox / Warranty & Repair

1 IL, United States Review updated:

Magnavox warranty is worthless and the service people they use are just as worthless. For the chicagoland area only two service places are given and they are both rip offs. They have to make a dianogstic call and charge $129.00 to $150.00 for that and then order the part and charge for the return visit. The two service places are Rex TV in Worth, IL and A & G in Oak Lawn. And they both know if the TV is under warranty you will more than likely use them if you want your TV fixed and stick it to Magnavox's customers. NOT I will go buy another TV before using either one of these rude jerks. The LCD Magnavox 42 inch right out of the box the sound cuts in and out, if you know what the problem is why not bring the part and fix the TV.

Comments

Sn
  27th of Feb, 2010
Magnavox - inferior product

I purchased the Magnavox model `DV220MW9 DVD/CD Player with VCR.
Didn't even outlast the warranty!
I didn't have it long before the DVD drawer stopped opening/closing.
Wouldn't open with the remote, or by pushing the button on the front of the unit.
Still had one of my DVD discs in it when it messed up.
I took the top off, and got my disc out.
Don't buy this product.
You WILL regret it!

Ka
  8th of Mar, 2010
Magnavox - 50& plasma quit working...
Magnavox, Phillips

I too purchased a 50" plasma tv from Home Depot in Wilmington, NC and have had the same problem everyone else is having...The tv took longer and longer to come on and after several days wouldn't come on at all...I have reviewed this website with over 50 other complaints with the exact same problem. When I called Magnavox, they directed me to a repair shop instead of telling me about the problem and how to have it fixed. I didn't find this on the internet until I had gone out and purchased another tv. A case of too little, too late I guess.

Jc
  16th of Mar, 2010

CLASS ACTION SUIT!!!

Sh
  11th of Apr, 2011
Magnavox - TV has blue waves
Magnavox

I purchased a Magnavox television with a model # of 51mp392h/17 less than 5 years ago. I have had nothing but problems with it and have spent over $800 in repairs. I have called customer service and there is nothing that they can do for me. I even asked to speak with a manager and they stated that it was not going to happen, that there was nothing that they were going to do for me. I was out of luck and to go buy another TV. This is the worst customer service experience that I have ever had. They were very rude and unhelpful. I WILL NOT ever purchase another Phillips/Magnavox product ever again, nor will I recommend anyone to either.

Bi
  18th of Aug, 2012

I brought a 40 inch LCD TV in Oct 2011. Last week the TV power went out. Less than 10 months and Magnavox wants $110.00 to repair the power board.I will never purchase another TV from them. By the way...I also purchased an extended warranty (3yrs) which I feel was a waste!