MagicJack.com / magicjack order

p o box 701947Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:
I impulsively ordered a magicjack after seeing it advertised online via cnet, pcmagazine and cbs news but then I saw an article about a lawsuit against the company and then info about it sending ads to your pc so I realized I did not want it. The confirmation email I got for my order said I could reply to make changes so I hit reply and tried to cancel the order but the email failed so I did some more research and found an email address for Rikard.Bone@ymaxcorp.com and emailed him trying to cancel the order. After further research I realized there is no true customer support for this service or help. I am convinced this is a scam.

Comments

Ro
  23rd of Aug, 2008
I have had the device for several weeks. I have spent hours on the site chatting with the help desk. The phone works; however, there are sporadic interruptions (pauses) where the phone cuts out. I have updated the software and gone through all of the diagnostics. The service is cheap and you get what you pay for. If quality in unimportant, this is the device for you.
Rp
  26th of Aug, 2008
you charged my credit 2 times for the same purchase of $ 110.00 r proctor
De
  11th of Sep, 2008
I got the Magicjack it would not work I had a dial tone but could not dial out or get calls...I was on AOL...And when I was knocked of AOL my Magicjack worked then I signed back in my Magicjack it did not...I signed out again and it worked...So I use my Enternet Explorer and it WORKS...YAHOOOOO I'M HAPPY...If you use AOL Check it out that might be the reason it don't work...Debbie
Ot
  20th of Sep, 2008
magicjack was working perfect until i try to add a upgrade a special 3 pack then it started actingup do i have to reinstall magicjack
Ja
  11th of Oct, 2008
have had magicjack about 2 months...very satisfied with it...3 days ago, could not use the phone, called tech., went through the suggestions, still have no magicjack phone...been without phone for 3 days...do not like this..can someone please help?
Ja
  11th of Oct, 2008
How do I get back with the tech?
Ma
  14th of Oct, 2008
I talked to a rep.with magic jack and complained about them taking to much money out of my account and she asured me it would be taken care of. I told her I was sending the magic jack back un opened. I still hd money taken out and I would like to have the money back in my account.
Ch
  18th of Oct, 2008
i cant find their number
Ri
  25th of Oct, 2008
After having placed a order for magicjack I Attempted to call back.There is no way you can get a hold of anyone at magicjack.I checked for a phone number or a way to get some help on my computer no help.Next i checked for complaints on my computer.There appears to be scam involved.Now i want to cancell my order .After i was unable to reach anyone at magicjack i contacted my credit card co and learned they had already taken money out of my account.Thats only about 15 mins after placing the order.What happen to the 30 days.
To
  1st of Nov, 2008
Hi i hope someone can help me does anyone have a telephone number to magijack? here is my email ktcox24@yahoo.com.
Ed
  13th of Nov, 2008
I got my order two day ago and Istall cannot make a call something is wrong with my computer when I try to log your wed page Iwas chating with Chtristy and my computer went black she was trying to get me register, so I could get my telephone number.
Bo
  19th of Nov, 2008
I had my Magicjack for about 30 days and then it just stopped working. Kept getting "broken storage" message. Techs had me doing all kinds of things until I got tired and gave up. This happened 3 times with different techs.No customer service, no phone number to call. Buyers beware!
Ri
  30th of Nov, 2008
Magic Jack sucks and is a huge rip off. I will get the word out to as many people as I can to warn them about this rip off. I can't get magic jack to come up on my screen, it says I have to have it connected and it is connected to my computer but the phone wont work. Cant find a way to talk to any ont from magic jack. Please dont get taken by this fraud offit
Ma
  2nd of Dec, 2008
Please disregard my order for the Magic Jack. I wish to cancel the order!!!
Be
  3rd of Dec, 2008
i have a few complaints:
1. i was charged for two magic phone of which i only wanted one, there fore i sent both back. i was charged for two.

2. ibought a magic jack phone of which paid for two years and i was billed 39.00 and everytime i write i was told that i woulld be sent a code of which i never got. in other words i was charge 39.00 which should be taken out of my account.

there should be some one live to talk with because i am very unhappy!!
Na
  3rd of Dec, 2008
I ordered two MagicJacks. After installing, I kept getting an error message, so I called into their live chat. They finally told me that MagicJack is not compatible with my air card. If they had disclosed this on the TV Ad, I would not have purchased it. I still don't know if I will get a refund. But I will refuse the charge on my credit card. Sounds like the company is a scam based upon all the complaints.
Ev
  4th of Dec, 2008
Was considering the purchase of the magic jack, but afterreviewing the e-mails and complaints, I have second thoughts. I might feel better if there was a response posted to the complaints.
Ea
  9th of Dec, 2008
I HAVE HAD A MAGICJACK UNIT FOR ABOUT THREE WEEKS NOW AND HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET IT OPERATE. I HAVE HAD SEVERAL "ON LINE CHATS" WITH AGENTS BUT THEY HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET MY UNIT TO WORK. I AM VERY ANXIOUS TO MAKE THE UNIT WORK BUT HAVE NOT ANY SUCCESS. I DROPPED MY HARD LINE PHONE BECAUSE OF THE EXPENSE. I AM STILL HOPEFUL THAT SOMEHOW WE CAN GET IT WORK PROPERLY.
Ve
  16th of Jan, 2009
ordered one magicjack for computer two weeks ago and did not get it yet.
Ti
  1st of Feb, 2009
I just bought the magicjack through Radio Shack, yeah, super, great, o.k. The problems I am having is that if I am on the phone with someone and another call comes in then I loose the other call without notice, I can't tell the other person to hold on, i jut loose the call. The other Problem i have is the calls are choppy, some can only hear every other word or so. Also the product don't work if I log off, if I want it to work then i have to keep my computer on. If I want to call my phone from another phone the i have to dial a 1 first then area code (like long distance). I'm about ready to take it back to Radio Shack and get my money back, hmmmmmm?????

MagicJack Logo MagicJack