MagicJack / horrible customer service

AddressNo, United States Review updated:
4.6
Phone: No phone number

I purchased a Magicjack in July of 2008 and it never worked properly. I spent countless hours of my valuable time trying to "troubleshoot" the problem. The customer care representatives didn't listen to my problems. They would give me automated responses. Over the period of a month and a half, i spent over twenty hours of my valuable time, attempting to get this thing to work properly. Every time I contacted the Magicjack customer care, I would have to jump through the same hoops, over and over again. They claim to keep no record of previous visits to their customer care chat line.

In the end i gave up. All i wanted was, the device that I paid for, to function as the advertisement claims. Instead what i received was, a frustrating 40 dollar nightmare. If i received ten dollars an hour for a job, the amount of time i spent adds up to more than a normal phone bill. So where is the big savings?
Di

Comments

St
  26th of Aug, 2008
HERE IS SOME USEFULL INFO I HAVE BEEN INVESTIGATING.

MAGICJACK ADDRESS:
5700 GEORGIA AVE
WEST PALM BCH, FL 33405

AFFILIATED COMPANY

YMAX HOLDINGS
(SAME ADDRESS)

COMPANY THAT DOES BUSINEESS AND IS LISTED AS REGISTERED AGENTS FOR BOTH COMPANIES.

CT CORPORATION
1200 SOUTH PINE ISLAND RD
PLANTATION, FL 33324 954-473-5503
THE GIRL IN CHARGE IS LISA, A NASTY PIECE OF WORK WHO WOULD NOT GIVE ME THEIR PHONE CONTACT. WE SHOULD ALL CALL THERE AND HAVE HER DOCUMENT OUR COMPLAINTS
NEXT IS TO CALL THE ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE
Ha
  2nd of Sep, 2008
I sent mine back with confirmation and got it back with the stamp missing and the postal service saying it was rejected due to no postage. It was sent to a post office box so after reading all the negative complaints about returning, I believe they took the stamp off and then rejected it. I will be filing a complaint with the posst office tomorrow and will follow up with a call to the Florida Attorney General if not satisfied. They also took payment from my credit card 2 weeks after delivery when the commerical on TV says 30 days.
Do
  6th of Oct, 2008
My Magic Jack never worked. I couldn't even find out where to return it. The only thing that I was able to do was to get my credit card company to refuse the charges.
Rh
  23rd of Feb, 2009
2-23-2009
My complaint is same as Dirk's. The device does not work immediately as advertised with the computer systems stated (I need it for Windows XP), the techs do not have expertise to service proper installation, tech issues, trouble shooting or the device is representative of fraudulent scam & they all know it does not perform, otherwise they'd keep records. I have 16 work hours lost, and I want my magicJack system up a running properly, otherwise magicJack can pay my phone bills forever. Best avenue of pursuit is to file written complaint w/your State AG's office of consumer protection & send a courtesy copy to the principals @ addresses listed.
Ma
  31st of Jul, 2009
Magic Jack service sucks... I changed my first number 6 months ago so certain people could not reach me... They forwarded my calls to my new number without permission and they read the new number to the caller calling the old number. They will not shut off the first number. Say they are unable to do so... What type of IDIOTS work for this place? Well, I am going to forward all my calls to their number so they can now talk to everyone. I suggest everyone having problems forward all their majicjerk calls to 954-473-5503
Pe
  1st of Aug, 2009
YMAXCORP.COM Phone Number: 561-586-3380 Contact Name: Peter Russo... Fax Number 561-586-2328

officialgovernment@ymaxcorp.com (this will get them moving as this mail they must read thinking its coming from the regulators)

Write, call, fax...Drive em nuts like they do us..
Sp
  11th of Jan, 2010
A friend bought this. It never worked right for him. He gave it to me, as I have cable, rather than Hughes Net. No joy. When I pick up the phone and try to dial, it drops the entire connection to my router. I am HIGHLY tech savvy. Over 2 hours of chat "support" before I called it off because they clearly have no idea what they're talking about, and refuse to refund the money paid. So we're out $46.xx but the US DA and Attorney General's office will hear about it. Over state lines, in violation of so many things it'd take forever to list them all.
Pi
  8th of Sep, 2011
I paid for 5 yrs of dservice and they shut it down for what they called excessive use. They claimed I made 50 calls from my phone, but I didn't. I used the chat and called customer service. TOTALLY RUDE. They even disconnected the live chat. How's that for customer service?

MagicJack Logo MagicJack