MagicJack / do not use it

Magikjack works only for a few days. After I got "error broken storage" message and both my MJ phone and my voice mail stopped working. Customer - no service is almost impossible to reach. You just keep chasing the icon "talk to live person" and it takes you to an other pop up window. What's worse my voice mail stopped working and nobody can answer to the ad I have paid for. If you need a toy buy it but do not use as contact for business. If you ever have heard of Sun Rocket MJ is worse than that. Only cheaper.

Va

Comments

• Ri
      19th of Sep, 2008

This thing is a piece of junk. I bought 2 and it worked for 3 days now the computer does not work that it was hooked up to about 9 months ago. I'm sorry i bought this and also had my friends buy one. I want to cancel the charge for next year asap but I know you never get any answers or information. Please DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY on this product.

• St
      19th of Apr, 2009

I had the same problem, but MagicJack reps helped me thru it.

Here's the fix...

*************************************************

March 15th, 2009

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
    You are now chatting with 'Rick'
    Rick: Hello, how may I help you?
    Steven McCurry: I was just chatting with Jezabell and was cut off. Can I get back?
    Rick: I apologize but we can't get back anymore... I can transfer you to a higher level of support though...
    Steven McCurry: My MagicJack is broken and I'm seeking replacement. She was taking me thru error checking checklist and we were up to Computer Management and me telling her that I had access to the following: Open, Explore, Change drive letter and path, Format, Properties and Help.
    Rick: Okay.
    Rick: One moment please...
    Rick: Thank you for your patience. I will transfer you to a higher level of support. Please hold while I transfer you.
    Steven McCurry: Thanks
    Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.
    You are now chatting with 'Melina'
    Melina: Hello Steven
    Steven McCurry: Hello
    Melina: May I know when this issue started?
    Steven McCurry: 3 days ago?
    Melina: Please click on your Start button > RUN > type diskmgmt.msc and press OK.
    Steven McCurry: done
    Melina: At Disk Management window scroll down to bottom and look for a Removable disk, Grayed out or Unallocated drive with 18 MB or 16 MB capacity
    Steven McCurry: Done
    Melina: Right click that drive then give me the options in the drop-down menu.
    Steven McCurry: open, explore, change drive letter & path, format, properties & help
    Melina: Can you click on Format?
    Steven McCurry: yes
    Melina: Okay.,
    Melina: Please click on it.
    Steven McCurry: Okay I did...
    Melina: Can you see the dial pad now?
    Steven McCurry: No... "Warning: You must plug into USB"
    Melina: Okay.
    Melina: Please unplug your magicJack. Now go to “Start” in Windows and click on “Run”. In there write regedit and press enter.
    Steven McCurry: Done
    Melina: Now click on + sign next to HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE.
    Melina: Click on + sign next to SYSTEM
    Melina: Click on + sign next to CurrentControlSet
    Melina: Click on + sign next to Enum
    Steven McCurry: done
    Melina: Now find the folder called USB. Right click on that and click on “Permissions”. In permissions click on the check mark called “Allow” to the right of “Full Control”. Click OK.
    Steven McCurry: done
    Melina: Now click on + sign next to USB and then find the two folders called “Vid1307”, right click on one at a time and select delete.
    Steven McCurry: Done have a folder called "Vid1307"
    Melina: right click on one at a time and select delete.
    Melina: If you don't have that folder you may proceed. Now click on - Sign next to USB.
    Melina:
    Steven McCurry: Typo - I Don't have that "Vid1307" - Sorry
    Melina: Okay.
    Melina: Please proceed.
    Steven McCurry: Now click on - Sign next to USB. ???? I don't understand this request.
    Melina: Now click on - the sign next to USB
    Melina: Now click on - the sign next to USB
    Steven McCurry: Okay - I understand now. Done
    Melina: Right click on Folder called USBSTOR and allow permissions.
    Steven McCurry: Okay
    Melina: Now click on + sign next to USBSTOR.
    Steven McCurry: Okay
    Melina: Find the folders called “CdRom&Ven_YMAX&Prod_magicJack&Rev” and “Disk&Ven_YMAX&Prod_magicJack&Rev”.
    Steven McCurry: Okay
    Melina: Right click on those one at a time and delete them and exit RegEdit and plug your magicJack back.
    Steven McCurry: Done. "Warning: You must plug MagicJack into USB" again.
    Melina: Plug in your magicJack. Now right click on “My computer” and select “Manage”. In there click on “Disk Management”. On the right side you should among other things see two drives. One is called “magicJack” and the other is called either “Phone” or “Vista Only”.
    Steven McCurry: Done. I show a MagicJack and a removable 18 mb
    Melina: First, right click on the one called “magicJack” and then select “Change Drive Letters and Paths”. In there select “Change” and then use the scroll down menu to select “X”. Click OK, you will get a pop up asking you to confirm then press “YES”.
    Melina: Now do the same thing with the drive called “Phone” or “Vista Only”. Name that one “Y”.
    Steven McCurry: Done
    Melina: Now exit “Device Manager” and then unplug your magicJack. Restart your computer and when you are up and running again, plug in your magicJack.
    Steven McCurry: Okay, but I'll loose you... Thank you
    Melina: You're welcome. It's my pleasure to assist you.
    Melina: Don't worry our chats are recorded.
    Steven McCurry: Thanks!
    Melina: They can review this and you wont have to go all over the same fixes you already have.
    Melina: Thank you for stopping by to chat, I hope I did a good job at addressing your concerns. Please take a second to answer a one question survey about the service I provided. Please click the "close" button on the top right of this screen and the survey will appear. Thanks again!
    Steven McCurry: You were wonderful! I hope it works.

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
    You are now chatting with 'Samantha'
    Samantha: Hello, how may I help you?
    Samantha: Hi Steven
    Steven McCurry: Hello Samantha, My MagicJack still does not work...
    Samantha: Okay Steven
    Samantha: Is your magicjack plugged in right now?
    Steven McCurry: Yes
    Samantha: Okay
    Samantha: Is the dial pad up?
    Steven McCurry: No, all I get is "Error Broken Storage" and " Warning: Must be plugged into a USB"
    Samantha: Okay Steven
    Samantha: Please click the link to download and run the magicJack upgrade (applicable for both XP & Vista):
    Samantha: http://upgrades.magicjack.com/upgrade/upgrade.exe
    Steven McCurry: Done: "Error Broken Storage"
    Samantha: May I know the operating system that you are using?
    Steven McCurry: Yes - Windows XP
    Samantha: Please go to my computer Steven and locate the two magicjack drives
    Steven McCurry: done
    Samantha: May I know what are those drives?
    Steven McCurry: X and Y
    Samantha: Okay
    Samantha: Please unplug your magicJack and take note of the two drives that will disappear
    Steven McCurry: Done - X & Y disappeared
    Samantha: Okay
    Samantha: Please plug in your magicjack and right click those drives
    Samantha: then locate the option that says "format"
    Steven McCurry: Done
    Samantha: Did you click on "format"?
    Steven McCurry: I will now...
    Steven McCurry: Done
    Samantha: Once you have completed format please right click the other drive
    Samantha: Then click the option that says "start magicjack"
    Steven McCurry: It came up! Pad, phone number & 911 working.
    Samantha: Great
    Samantha: Is there anything else I may help you with today?
    Steven McCurry: Bless you Samantha! Have a wonderful day!
    Samantha: Thank you for stopping by to chat, I hope I did a good job at addressing your concerns. Please take a second to answer a one question survey about the service I provided. Please click the "close" button on the top right of this screen and the survey will appear. Thanks again!
    Samantha: Thanks Steven, Bless you too
    Samantha: Take Care
    Samantha: Please click the "close" button on the top right of this screen and the survey will appear. Thanks again!

• Av
      1st of Jun, 2009

hello i had my windows reinstalled now my mj is not working i have gone through all these solutions now can i safely format my magic, can i copy the file mjusbsp from my laptop and install in the desktop or should i delete all files mjusbsp/folder and format then use upgrade.is it safe to format mj which works in my laptop/vista please help me i need it to work on my desk top

• Av
      1st of Jun, 2009

ACTUALLY I LIKE MAGICJACK IT WORKED WELL FOR ME AND WORKS IN LAPTOP VISTA

• Me
      24th of Mar, 2011

There customer service is TERRIBLE and magic jack works infrequently godd to use and then have forwarded to your cell phone