MagicJack / do not buy one of these things

United States Review updated:

My mom & dad purchased a MagicJack in January of 2009 and tried to use it on their Windows XP machine. Unfortunately, it did not work reliably. Many calls had choppy sound and some would not go through at all. If you rebooted the PC it might work good for an hour or two, but inevitably, it would start having problems withing a few hours.

After months of frustration, I took their MagicJack home & tried on my Windows XP machine. The result was the SAME, inconsistent sound quality. Have to constantly restart to get it to work, and even then it only works well for a little while and inconsistently.

DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE THINGS.

My XP install is just a straight install with SP3 and anti-virus software. Now crapware or extra stuff. I also have a 10MB high speed cable connection for the Internet, so if it can't work well under these conditions, it never will.

Kr

Comments

• Me
      12th of Feb, 2011

Maybe your computer not up to date, cause i brought my Magic Jack since two years ago, it still working good and fine. no problems. i love it. maybe your internet is tripping or something. i live in Miami Fl. some of my friend have it for years, it still work normal no cut convo. well call customer service ask the question, they will glad to help you with any problems.