MagicJack / do not buy one of these things
My mom & dad purchased a MagicJack in January of 2009 and tried to use it on their Windows XP machine. Unfortunately, it did not work reliably. Many calls had choppy sound and some would not go through at all. If you rebooted the PC it might work good for an hour or two, but inevitably, it would start having problems withing a few hours.
After months of frustration, I took their MagicJack home & tried on my Windows XP machine. The result was the SAME, inconsistent sound quality. Have to constantly restart to get it to work, and even then it only works well for a little while and inconsistently.
DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE THINGS.
My XP install is just a straight install with SP3 and anti-virus software. Now crapware or extra stuff. I also have a 10MB high speed cable connection for the Internet, so if it can't work well under these conditions, it never will.
More MagicJack Complaints & Reviews
- MagicJack - fraud and scam 
- MagicJack - scam and cheating 
- Majic Jack - rip off 
- MagicJack.com - magicjack order 
- MagicJack - doesn't work with dsl as promised 
- MagicJack - blocked access to conference numbers 
- MagicJack - product not working cannot reach support 
- MagicJack - horrible customer service 
- MagicJack.com - refund policy 
- MagicJack - customer service poor