MagicJackunauthorized billing

S Review updated:

This was for a telephone unit that I received on a thirty-day trial period. I could not get it to work on my home computers. I returned it one week before the trial period terminated. I mailed it from Ireland. Further, they billed me twice for shipping. The unit has been returned within the trial-period and the charge is unfair and it should be reversed.

•   Jul 30, 2008

I sent for the Magic Jack because of the price. I was told that they would not take any money from my account for thirty days. In five days Magic Jack took $130.00 from my account. The transaction was pending so my bank left the money in my account. Two days later Magic Jack took $90.00 from my account. The bank is helping and 'looking into the situation'. I had to get a different number for my debt card. I did receive the product from MagicJack and I sent it back with a letter stating what I have typed here and with a return receipt. There is not a person to talk too. I tried but there is no one to talk too. I was told the product from MagicJack would be $39.99.

• H
      Jul 30, 2008

same thing happened to me. they promised - in fact they repeatedly STRESSED the point that they would not charge any money for 30 days.

And they did not keep that promise. And this happened on a checking account that is a little extra lean these high gasoline price days. The result is I have 46.90 gone from an account that needed 40 of that for gasoline tomorrow.

The magic jack is a GOOD PRODUCT. I like it. But for some reason the people selling it cant help but be dishonest in thier business dealings. All they had to do was HONOR what they said - 30 days of NO CHARGES - and not only would they have been paid, but I would have been someone putting up testimonials on their product.

Instead I am telling you all - they lie without shame. And according to my bank, without consequences too.

I hope my complaint with the FTC https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/
    is gonna get somewhere.
    H.

• P
      Jul 11, 2009

• B
      Aug 31, 2010

Yes, you should receive a refund for the double-billed shipping charges. If you paid those charges through a major credit card company, you can get assistance through them for the miss-billed charges. Typically the credit card company will reverse the charges in question while they investigate the issue. Technically, this means you are not billed/ are refunded the charges. The credit card company will communicate with the seller/vendor of the product in question and make their own determination as to the validity of the charges in question. If the credit card company does in fact establish the facts in your favor, you will be off the hook for the double-billed shipping charges. Should the credit card company find in favor of the vendor, the credit card company will provide you with ample proof and verification of why the charges are/were valid and post those charges to your credit card account. All the while the credit card company is investigating your charges and/or discrepancies’, you will not be billed any interest charges on the amount in question, nor will you be required to pay the particular part of your credit card charges that you have placed in question. If the credit card company does find in favor of the vendor, the credit card company may or may not seek interest charges on the questioned amount back to the time of the original date of the charges. You would be responsible to pay these interest charges and the original charges that you placed in question under the terms and conditions existing with the credit card company, that you would have agreed to by acceptance of the account when you opened it/ or as amended since the account inception. I hope this helps. Good Luck.

Simply contact your credit card customer service representative and explain your dilemma. They should help you immediately via phone. It’s also wise to follow-up any phone discussion with your credit card company, with a written explanation; just to avoid any confusion or miss-understanding.