MagicJack / undisclosed compatibility issues

1 AZ, United States Review updated:

I haven't been able to make this thing work for more than a day at a time. When I shut down the computer, the jack isn't recognized on boot up. I have repeatedly downloaded updates and it will work as long as I don't turn off the computer. If I do, same story. I went round and round trying to get the Live Chat customer service to pop up (they do that thing where they try to wear you out clicking page after page until you finally get to log in to the chat, "Click here... no click here.. no click here... try the FAQ, now type in your question... now click here"). Long story short, customer service said, "past 30 days... no refund." Period. I also never got the email with the renewal code for the second year I prematurely purchased when I ordered the darn thing. I asked numerous times to have it resent and they would say, "we resent it." and there was nothing in my box. "Can you check your junk mail settings, please?" They aint on. Believe me, I WANT THIS email. Anywho, they finally gave it to me in the LiveChat but I had to go through all my credit cards and give them 8 numbers off the card to verify my account.

Oh, and it turns out they KNOW it won't function with several popular music/media CD burning programs but they never mention that on the website. I was told to delete Nero software and it will work. Well, great... I paid more for a professional version of Nero than for the damn jack! Yeah, delete the software... that's an answer.

When I asked for a list of compatible software they said, "unfortunately, aint none." I am expected to buy different versions of burning software and have a go until I find one that works.

Do yourself a favor and DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE.

Comments

• Ne
      27th of Jan, 2010

My technical problem was very similar.

Don't ever get MAGICJACK voip phone service. They took my 5 year subscription fees, then couldn't fix a problem 1 year into the 5 year service, and would not refund the remaining four years after over 45 hours spent online with numerous chat sessions in an attempt to solve the problem. At less than two dollars an hou...r, getting the lousy $65 back just wasn't worth my time anymore. Mine will go in the trash.