Magic Chef / Not working from the start

1 Jamaica Plain, MA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 617-522-6780

On 11/08/2014 I purchased a Magic Chef Wine and Beverage Center. We did not start using it until 12/24/2014. Soon after we plugged it in we noticed that the lower zone was not keeping temperature that we set it on. it kept getting warmer. I called Magic Chef and they set me up with a claim#. I was contacted by local refrigeration co. Which came to my home and they determined that the units control board was faulty. They ordered a new control board the put it in last week it worked for 4 days and my unit is doing the same thing that I complained for. The unit is a POS, I contact the co again today and that customer service rep was very rude. I asked to speak to her supervisor and she stated he was not available and would I like his voice mail. I left a message but I do not expect a return call from him. Now I have a battle in my hands instead of enjoying my not working over priced unit. I recommend that you stay clear away form any Magic Chef products specially Wine and Beverage Center (POS)

Fd
May 6, 2015

Comments

• Kw
      1st of Dec, 2010
    Magic Chef - Premature failure of chest freezer
    Wisconsin

This MCCF5W (5 cu. ft) freezer was purchased from Home Depot a little over 4 years ago, and now has a bad thermostat. I was told by Magic Chef that this is a discontinued model, and that a replacement part will take 4 months to get. I hope all my frozen food lasts that long. Avoid this Chinese crap.