I have purchased four (4) magic chef refrigerators since December 2007 from Home Depot. I have had problems with all 4 of them. This is a high rate of failure for any appliance and I think this model is a lemon.
1) One was broken as soon as I bought it and returned to Home Depot and I got it replaced in October 2007.
2) A second one broke which I received a refund for in October of 2008 because it kept on breaking down despite numerous repairs.
3) I just had two more refrigerators fail this February 2009 and they do not get cold resulting in hundreds of dollars in wasted spoiled food. Given that they are lemons, I want them repaired or refunded to me. Instead they are telling me tough luck since the warranty just expired. They are willing to give me the part but I have to pay for the repair. This is not right since they are selling an inferior product. I think they should be responsible and fix it or refund it.
- MCBR1010W – purchased 12/13/07 - serial #[protected]
- MCBR1010GS – purchased 1/15/08 - serial #[protected]