MAGELLAN / NEVER buy Magellan!!! You've been warned!!!

1 San Dimas, CA, United States

GPS unit still under warranty, and I called for a repair request on 11.13.07, I was advised by someone in India that a replacement unit would be shipped in 7-10 days. I called one week later to get a tracking number--was told the number was not available because the unit had not been shipped. After NUMEROUS calls, spending an average of 30 minutes per call on hold so that the rep could practice reading a script before coming back on the phone, I STILL have not received any satisfaction from the company.

I have been lied to, misled, promised and promised, even given a "Confirmation #" because a tracking number was not available. I asked what the confirmation number was for--response: "It's confirmation that we have had this conversation." Hell, I'm taking my own notes. Magellan's CSR idiots can't even pronounce their own American-ized stage/phone names correctly.

I've faxed and called corporate . . . no response. Next steps: filing complaints with California Consumer Affairs, etc.

At this point, do I expect satisfaction from Magellan? I will be surprised if they come through as promised. However, I plan to NEVER purchase any other Magellan products, and I'll advise others that they, too, have been warned.

Sn