Magdalena's House of Pianos, Saratoga Pianos / Magdalena's House of Pianos, Saratoga Pianos, Mike Prisco

1 1433 Route 9Fort Edward, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-305-1020

On October 30, 2008 I purchased a 1922 Mason & Hamlin Model “A” Grand Piano, Serial Number: 30179. I was told that the piano still had some work left to be done and that I would receive the piano within 3-4 weeks. On the same day I wired Mike Prisco the payment for the piano he said that he would work to arrange shipment through Keyboard Carriage and would get back to me with a ship date. I never heard back from Mike so I began trying to contact him the week of November 2. When I got a hold of him he said he was in the middle of downsizing and moving his facility and that he would complete the work on the piano the following week (the week of November 9th) and arrange for shipment after that, so that I could expect the piano to arrive the first week in December. I waited until November 13 or 14th without hearing anything from Mike and then I tried contacting him again. I finally got a hold of Mike on Monday, November 17th and he told me he still needed to put he bass strings on the piano and that he would be calling Keyboard Carriage the next day (Tuesday) to arrange shipment. He said he would call me on Tuesday with a ship date, and of coarse I never heard back from him on Tuesday. So, I began calling again on Wednesday and when I got a hold of Mike he said he was in the middle of working on a very important deal and asked if he could call me back. I agreed but never heard back from him. So, I call again later in the evening on Wednesday until "Jay" the "shop forman" answered and said Mike had a family emergency and would be unavailable for a few days. Jay got a little short with me when I began making inquiries regarding the pianos delivery. Now all of a sudden all the metal parts had all been sent back to Mason and Hamiln for replating and to shorten a very lengthy conversation, there was much more work that needed to be done on the piano than what Mike said needed to be done in our pervious conversation. Very frustrated, I asked Jay if I would receive the piano before Christams and he said yes. I asked him to have Mike call me when he became available and as per usual I never heard from Mike.

On Wednesday, November 26th, I began trying to contact Mike again. This time when he answered the phone he said, "I'm in the middle of something very important. Not that your stuff isn't important, but I need to call you back." I was irritated, but agreed. And again, he never called me back. So later that evening I decided to try him again. It took calling two different numbers, but I finally got Mike on the phone and he rudely told me that he was aware that I was trying to get a hold of him and that he did not want to have a conversation with me on the eve of a holiday. I told him that I had paid him in full a month ago for a piano I had not received a ship date for and that I thought the least he could do was take three minutes to give me the information I wanted. Without going in to a great deal of detail, Mike was incredibly rude and took every opportunity to throw out jabs and insults because I was bothering him and the payment that I had sent him was miniscual compared to the millions he was worth. He basically told me that I just needed to be patient and that he was not obligated to keep me informed on what was taking place with my piano because "he didn't work that way." I told him that maybe he should refund my money and when he had a completed piano that I would send him his payment. Again, he said he didn't work that way. Long story short Mike told me to call him the following Wednesday, December 3rd. I called today, December 3, and Mike didn't answer his phone and his voicemail was not accepting messages. This evening we noticed his website is no longer on the internet. We have contacted our attorney and will be taking the necessary steps to recover our losses.

Comments

Sb
  7th of Dec, 2008

UPDATE: The website was up and running again the very next morning, and without prior knowledge of this complaint Mike Prisco sent us an e-mail saying he was working had to get the piano done by Christmas. I am cautiously optomistic. ----S. Black 12/7/08

Ma
  24th of Jan, 2009

Get in line, there are quite a few complaints about this guy. He is quite a legend in the piano business. A few piano stores were telling me about him. He was even featured on his local CBS news three times for scamming elderly people out of money by not doing the home repairs he took thousands of dollars to do. Don't take my word for it, just Google: prisco Homeowners Beware

Jo
  11th of Feb, 2009

Michael Prisco continues to scam customers of his "piano" business which is called Saratoga pianos or Magdalena's pianos. It is amazing he continues to get away with it. I am sure most people do not want to incur more fees by going to court and hiring a lawyer --thus he is not stopped. Many people in the piano rebuilding business are well aware of his antics and completely dishonest dealings. Unfortunately, customers do not always check his history or consult other professionals in the business before doing business with him. I was one of his victims, even though I am usually a very cautious person.

At this time, I will not post the details for legal reasons. I would only like to warn prospective customers that he is not a good rebuilder and worst still, completely dishonest. He will not and has no intention of honoring his contracts or other promises. He will become very aggressive when confronted with his lack of compliance. You will not get a good rebuilding job and you will regret the day you ever decided to do business with him.

I understand many have been scammed. My dealings began last spring of 2008 and I am still having problems at this time. If all can band together this man can be stopped and should be soon. I will remit more details at a later date.

Je
  12th of Mar, 2009

Early October 07 I ordered at Pianosuperstore / ASAPH / Terry Wilson a brand new « Ellenburg Piano JE-152 5'2 Baby Grand piano » for $10, 000 including home made design
Terry Wilson refuse the transaction going through ebay and payment made by credit card.
He requests the full amount paid in advance via wire transfer.
As the company announced on their site to be bonded with Liberty Mutual up to $25, 000.00. I do the wire transfer.
The piano ordered is requested with some art designed so Pianosuperstore / ASAPH / Terry Wilson charge for this extra and announce they will process it through their designer Mike Prisco (Saratoga Pianos). The piano is suppose to be shipped to him in the next days.

After more than one month no piano has been sent for design work to Mike Prisco (Saratoga Pianos). But almost 2 months after the order a piano is sent but does not correspond on the one ordered. This one is a old broken piano.
I try to deal with at Pianosuperstore / ASAPH / Terry Wilson to get the brand new piano or my money back. I get $1, 064.78 and confirmation that the right brand new piano is on the way. (But as usually it was a lie)

At this time Mike Prisco (Saratoga Pianos, Magdalena's house of pianos) offers me a piano branded Knabe with the design job for $7, 500. I confirm the order and send him $2, 500 deposit plus the $2, 000 he got for the design and the $1, 064.78 forwarded by Pianosuperstore.
Mike Prisco (Saratoga Pianos) says he will deliver the piano designed in the next three weeks.
During weeks I asked for pictures to Mike Prisco (Saratoga Pianos, Magdalena's house of pianos), but after more than 4 months nothing arrived and no pianos or money back from him and the one from Pianosuperstore / ASAPH / Terry Wilson.

Mike Prisco (Saratoga Pianos, Magdalena's house of pianos) said the certified check was on the mail...and more lies. Then I decided to take action with :

PROTECTION BUREAU OF STATE ATTORNEY OF NORTH CAROLINA
PROTECTION BUREAU OF STATE ATTORNEYOF NEW YORK
BUSINESS BUREAU
FBI as wire transfers involved interstates and claim is over $10, 000
POST & TELECOMMUNICATION COMMISSION as internet ads and communication… And so on.

At that time Pianosuperstore / ASAPH / Terry Wilson lawyer sent a letter that he was going under a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy law.
Mike Prisco (Saratoga Pianos, Magdalena's house of pianos) sent several intimidation letters hoping that I will withdraw my actions and claims.

From that time Mr Mike Prisco from Saratoga Piano and associates, alias... are posting false report about me and my business on internet on your site and others.
Criminal investigation and legal action are pending.

Sb
  1st of Apr, 2009

FINAL UPDATE: Everything is resolved and we are very satisfied. Our Piano is on the truck and currently being shipped. We expect delivery by the end of April. S. Black 4/1/09

Jo
  7th of Apr, 2009

This guy is a true blue PSYCHO! Just read his website-www.saratogapianos.com

De
  9th of Feb, 2011

GOOGLE: "prisco Homeowners Beware" FOR CBS NEWS INVESTIGATION ON MICHAEL PRISCO (CONSTRUCTION WORKER ... NOW CLAIMING TO BE A “MASTER PIANO REBUILDER" AND CO-OWNER WITH WIFE MAGDALENA "MAGGIE" PRISCO OF SARATOGA MYSTIQUE PIANO (FORMERLY SARATOGA AND MAGDALENA HOUSE OF PIANOS). Contact your local police department and the Better Business Bureau for further information. Can also contact the FBI for wire transfers of $10, 000 or more. I live in the Albany, N.Y area so I am well aware of this. Thank You. FOR CONSUMER REVIEWS: GOOGLE: “Michael Prisco piano” or /link removed/ or https://www.complaintsboard.com
MICHAEL PRISCO AS POSTED IN HIS OWN WORDS:
"Five years ago we got began as a hobby collecting and restoring pianos for our own private collection. I purchased a piano for my wife and paid a piano rebuilder locally to rebuild it so long as I could aid. I am Michael D. Prisco and as a musician of three decades playing five instruments including voice, I know what a nice instrument sounds like."
Saratoga Mystique Piano