Magazines007*NRP / FRAUD-CHARGING MY ACCOUNT I did not order nor receive any magazines

1 Virginia Beach, VA, United States Review updated:

this company has deducted 49.96. twice from my checking account.
I did not order and I have not received any magazines from them. I don't want any thing from them. I want my money back.

Cherrie McBride

Comments

3rd of Mar, 2010

This company(Magazines007 nrp Virginia )is fraudulently charging money for magazines that i have never ordered andi received three magazines one time but they ae continuously charging me $49.96 per month. I wish to unsuscribe it anyway but I donot have contact number or company addrss with me.So iam requesting the concerned party to make me available the contact number or company address to me.my email id is (sapkotac43@yahoo.com )

• Ug
      5th of Mar, 2010

These guys are BS. I had received 3 calls regarding a gift card from VISA and was confirmed that I wont be charged and it is just a promotional gift. I never agreed to even receiving this card and did not even gave them my credit card. The call started with, we are giving a gift card to the person owning the credit card ending with 1234 (How the hell did they get my credit card number ?). After a week I noticed an unusual transaction in my account
    MAGAZINES006*NRP . I called up my Bank and they did not have any clue, who this Merchant was (The Merchant has not even left any contact number.) It was when I read this forum, that I was able to get the phone number (Thanks to all you guys who have taken efforts to mention in online). I called up the company and ask for a refund including taking my name out of the list.. They tried to convince me for a lot of such schemes, but I just stuck to not accepting it... (Parallely I have also, denied of this transaction to my bank). Finally they have agreed and will be sending me refund in 7 days. I will keep everybody posted here... This is a lesson learned... Never entertain such calls... but surprising enough that they had my CC info..

11th of Apr, 2010

this company has also taken money of my acount i would like to get there so i can get a refund for this if anyone has any info please contact me at samartin0504@live.com thank you

• Ke
      12th of Apr, 2010

I found address for the company but it a difference name but here goes MAGAZINES006*NRP 5656 SHELL RD 0 VRIGINIA BEACH VA 23455 but i lookin for a phone number to call them direct and I done google map search and number I found and I dont it a right one but here goes one of them are Area Circulation Inc 757 499 8330 and Avatech Solutions 757 460 6045...I found that on http://www.jagersmith.com/downloads/pdf/pleadings/cynergy_data/doc177.pdf and if someone came up the other number, just lemme know because I rather take to the directly to get my $39.90 back for them

• Fi
      16th of Apr, 2010

i am very upset, , i didnt order any magazines nor have i seen any, , i want my money back on my card

• Pr
      10th of May, 2010

just so everyone knows that are getting these charges on their acct. w/ MAGAZINES006*NRP or 007 on it . it is from wholesale magazine club 2761 allied st. green bay, wi. 54304. the tel. # is 877-308-9502. i just got off the phone and was told i would get a full refundmfor $6.40 and $39.90 that was charged to my acct. in 5-7 days we will see. i hope this helps everyone

• Db
      1st of Jun, 2010

This scam hit me as well. What to do: Immediately call your bank/ credit card issuer and have them deactivate the card number being billed by these scammers. Your bank can issue a new card with a new number. This will stop the scammers from billing you any more. Also, ask your bank to dispute the charges. I had to complete an affidavit which took only ten minutes. My bank (Fifth Third) offered free fraud protection and said they would refund the money to my account within 30 days.

If you’re like me though, this is not enough to satisfy. So, I called the Better Business Bureau and was directed by the agent to this website to file an official complaint:

click on the tab that says ‘phone’ and enter any suspicious phone numbers. You can then review the number of complaints these companies have and any information the BBB may have on them.

The companies that scammed me had names like Dollar Savings Club, Dollar Savers Club, Readers Express Inc, RH Buyers Club, Wholesale Magazine Club, Discount Magazines, and National Reader’s. All of them had 1-877 numbers. You can file a complaint with the BBB. Also, you can call the Consumer Protection dept of your state’s Attorney General. The Federal Trade Commission also has an online complaint page: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

If you ever find yourself on the phone with these scammers, do NOT give them the phone number, Social Security #, or credit/debit card # associated to your account!

22nd of Jan, 2011

Just got a phone call from these people. The guy had an Indian accent. He said that I had won a 100 dollar Walmart gift card, plus he was sending me 2 tickets to hawaii. I kept asking him what company was responsible for this and he acted like he didn't know what I was talking about, ony kept repeating that I had won a $100 dollar gift card for walmart. he just wanted my mailing info, which i wouldn't tell him. Finally I got him to tell me that it was the "Dollar Savings Club" From Colorado Springs. I had my computer out in front of me so I looked up what it was. They had a D- rating on the BBB and the BBB had no info about the company, they had lot's of complaints. Looked like an obvious scam.

• Ji
      13th of Jul, 2012

They got me a few years ago saying they were MasterCard and I'd won a free gas card. MasterCard was my credit card company and since they already had my address and credit card number I said "Sure, send it in the mail." BIG MISTAKE. Next thing I know I was getting charged for magazines.

This is one of those "moving company" scams... they have locations and call centers at different times of the year in different parts of the country. I've received over a dozen calls from them, one every other month or so, saying that I ordered magazines from them a long time ago (which I never did).

I made the mistake of speaking with them several times demanding that they cancel the orders, insisting I NEVER ordered their services. They refused to cance, saying I'm on a 5 year non-refundable plan and because I'd been receiving magazines, I had to pay for them. They just sent me the magazines with my permission.

If they call you, DON'T IVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER or your bank account number. If they've taken your money, change your credit or debit card number ASAP and tell your bank to block any deductions by them from your bank account.

• Ad
      20th of Jun, 2013

These people are apparently at it again I'm not sure how they got my info or if they ever called but I received a pending charge on my account with the description CHKCARDMAGAZINENRP the banker said that their phone was 866-924-4470 I told the banker that I thought the charge was fraudulent and they took care of it. Kudos to Wells Fargo Bank, they knew which card was used, canceled it and are sending out a new one.

2nd of Aug, 2016
    Magazines007*NRP - fraudulently charging money
    Magazines007*nrp

This company(magazies007*nrp) is charging me $49.96 per month since january.They send me two magazines in januarywhich i had never ordered.I want to unsuscribe their product but they didnot mentioned their mailing address or contact number in the product.So if you care about your customer please make me available your mailing address or contact number so that i don't have to pay almost $50 per month for nothing as iam having hard time paying off my bills $50 counts a lot to me.Please help me to unsuscribe your product.