Magazine Union Readers Club / Magazines Subscription

1 PO Box 557337, Miami Beach, FL, US Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-459-6627

The Magazine Union Readers Club contacted me Dec. 11, 2008, and I placed my order to renew a subscription to US Weekly, and order another new magazine called Body & Soul. 104 Issues for 2 years, for US Weekly and 20 Issues for 2 years for Body & Soul. I paid for all of these issues with a Visa Credit Card due date was 12/22/08. I received a sheet stating, please allow 8-12 weeks processing time for your order to be processed. along, with please dont hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. Beginning in January, 2009, I began calling to see where my magazines where, when they were coming, etc. Each time I spoke with a nice lady and she would say, yes, it is being processed, and you will be receiving your order any time. I called every month, and again would get the same answer, along with a statement that "there must have been a problem, or delay', and we are working on it. By April, when I called, the lady stated that I would get one/half refund of my $179.80 for all my trouble and it would show up on my credit card. (in 4-6 weeks). that never happened. so each month I keep calling with no results. I have also contacted each magazine, and they never received my orders. Today I called, and I only received an answering machine message this time. I left my name and phone number. so, I am turning to you, to see if you can help. I am out money for the order, and naturally the subscriptions to 2 magazines.
Thanks in advance
Nelda King
[protected]
[protected]@aol.com

Comments

• Na
      Sep 05, 2009

Is this a scam? YES! I've been dealing with this company too and I feel as if I'm just getting a run for my money! I'm very upset! I continue to get calls from them! I'm tired and fed up with these "so called" magazine companies taking all of my money and I know that I'm not alone! There have been so many complaints!
    You try and try to cancel the orders however they tell you that you have a so called contract with them now and you owe them $800 + dollars! They promise a set rate and other gifts yet you see nothing but you account empty! What are we suppose to do? Sit here and keep handing them our money as they threatened to go to collection agencys?! How can we fight this?

Nakita Roman
    nakitaroman18yahoo.com

• Au
      Oct 08, 2009

As I was reading the other posts about magazine union readers, I realized this outfit had contacted others to renew magazines. I was never contacted, however they have been charging my credit card for absolutely nothing. I didn't even have a phone number or address to contact them. I reported them to my credit card company and they are investigating this outfit, as I want my money back. I guess actually the credit company wants the money back. Whatever, this is definitely a scam and a person has to be careful where they use their credit card, since others seem to be able to somehow get a hold of the number and use it. I intend to keep on fighting. Dakota

• Hu
      Nov 05, 2009

They got me, too, with a multi-year renewal of Reader's Digest. When I got a renewal notice from RD, I checked with them to see why it hadn't been renewed and they said that Magazine Union Readers Club wasn't a reseller they authorized. I'm contacting my state attorney general and the FTC.

Mar 26, 2010
    Magazine Union Readers Club - refund owed
    Janet S. Roseman
    Virginia

I signed up for 2 years of Sail Magazine in January, 2010 and received a confirmation dated Feb 8, 2010. I realized that the price I had paid was higher than from the magazine subscription dept itself and I called Magazine Union Readers Club to cancel the subscription - on Feb 25, 2010. I was told they would take care of it. The charge has gone through on my credit card so I called again, on March 17, 2010 to cancel again. I was told again that they would take care of it. It is now almost 2 weeks later and there has been no credit to my charge card. I called, found the business closed, but left a message. Will continue to follow up - seems, from other complaints, that this is standard for this operation. Buyer Beware!!

• Lc
      May 01, 2010

Wow. I LOVE magazine union readers club. They are the only people I renew from. They always give me my special discount and I always receive my magazine. They give me the lowest rate for the longest amount time available for me. I always get what i pay for. I believe they are better than the magazine them selves. I think you people have them confused with someone else. I cant even imagine them like that.

• La
      Jul 19, 2010
    Magazine Union Readers Club - Non-delivery
    Magazine Union Readers Club
    P.O. Box 557337
    Miani
    Florida
    Phone: [protected]

I ordered the "Star" Magazine, a 3 year subscription, from the Magazine Union Readers Club, and the cost was put on my charge card on April 2, 2010. I've yet to receive the magazine. I've made several calls to see what the problem is and have been told delivery takes 3 months. It is now going on 4 months and during the last call placed to them I asked them to credit my charge card and cancel my order for the magazine. I was told they could not do that. I am now proceeding to the process of lodging a complaint with the Consumer Protection Agency and the Better Business Bureau in their area. Please be aware this is a problem company to do business with.

Sep 01, 2010

I have canceled my order in January and they told me I would get a refunt of $76.00 and change. I have been calling every couple of weeks asking where my refund is and I get the same answer, it is pending. These last couple of weeks that I have been calling I don't even get an answer anymore. I guess I Was scamed.

• Ka
      Mar 29, 2011
    Magazine Union Readers Club - non-payment of magazine subscriptions
    Magazine Union Readers Club
    PO Box 557337, Miami FL [protected]
    Fort Wayne
    Indiana
    Phone: [protected]

ordered 4 years of TV Guide (228 issues) which were applied to my credit card in 9-09, 10-09 and 2 in 12-09. Called Magazine Union Readers Club on 2-16-10 and confirmed that all 4 of my credit card payments had been sent to TV Guide. Received a renewal notice from TV Guide recently so I called TV Guide to let them know that I had already paid for 4 years. TV Guide referred me to Publishers Communications which only processes orders (not payments). Seems I am not the only one who lost money so not sure what TV Guide will do about this

• Lo