Magazine Special Today / Unauthorized deductions from my Checking Account

1 1521 Concord Pike, Suite 301Wilmington, DE, United States Review updated:
Phone: (866) 924-4501

I had received a phone during the week of 10/13/08 from [protected] that introduced themselves as part of my Wells Fargo Rewards Points and that I would receive a $50.00 free Gas card for being a part of the service and an opportunity to receive some magazines at NO Charge for the 1st 30 days and if I didn't want them that I could call them back and cancel.

At no time did I give them my Checking Account Number at Wells Fargo but on Sunday, 10/20/08, I checked my account and I had been charged $3.95 twice and today, $2.95 twice without my approval. This is not doable since I have recently lost my job and I must watch my money expenditures.

Today, 10/20/08, I notified Wells Fargo to make a "Fraud Charge, " but I told them that I would contact this company on Tuesday, 10/21/08 to cancel their account that was indicated in a letter that they sent to me on 10/16/08 before I had them to make any type of investigation and cancel my "Debit Card".

Note this is the statement in their letter to me:"Service will continue with regular monthly payments of $14.95 billed on the 16 of each month beginning on 11/16/08.

THIS COMPANY MUST BE STOPPED - PLEASE ADVISE WITH ANY FURTHER ADVICE ABOUT THEIR ILEGAL ACTIONS! PEOPLE LIKE ME WHO ARE UNEMPLOYED THESE DAYS CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE (1) DIME. Note I usually ignore these phone calls but they had been constantly calling for several weeks...I was fooled by them making an association with my Wells Fargo Bank.

Comments

7th of Jan, 2009

I received a Delinquent Account Notice from Magazine Special Today. I had never ordered any magazines from them nor had I ever received any.
    I called the customer service line and was told that my account had been closed on Dec 14th. I couldn't get an answer to how an accout was closed when it had never been opened. Nor could I get an answer as to why I received a notice showing that I owed money when no magazines had ever been ordered. The customer service rep told me to disregard the notice and not to worry about paying the amount. I asked to speak to her manager, because while I appreciated her saying I didn't owe anything, I would have liked to hear it and have explained by a higher source. But, that never happened. This is definitely a shady "company."

• Ks
      12th of Jan, 2010

Magazine Special Today forwarded my info. to a bunch of other magazines that have in turn filled my mailbox month in and month out with unwanted magazines. I have called the magazines to ask them to stop, but the magazines just keep coming in. I have asked this company to stop this action, but they assure me there is no charge for the additional magazines and that the magazines are hoping I will enjoy them so I will order a subscription. I still don't want a bunch of unwanted magazines filling my mailbox or trash can.