Magazine Service / Harassing phone calls asking to renew

Phone: 303-495-5960

John from Magazine Service [protected]) called me. He had my details such as address and the magazines I had ordered by redeeming my miles with Delta Airlines. John and another woman from this number keep calling me with harassing phone calls asking me to renew my subscription. When I say I do NOT want to renew, they say - "Okay, we will renew all these magazines for you" and hang up. One call was really threatening. The guy claimed he was the manager and told me that I have to pay for 5 years of subscription to 12 magazines. He claimed that there was a fine print on the special offer from Delta skymiles magazine rewards program which makes me obligated to subscribe for 5 more years. I found the original Delta offer letter and there was no such fine print. When I call the number [protected], the call does not go through. I called the original number that was on the Delta offer, and they confirmed that I do not owe anything and that there is no obligation to renew any magazines. She also said that she will report to her manager about these threatening calls I’m receiving. So, the question is - who are these scammers? I'm very upset with these harassing phone calls and I want to file a complaint against them. These scammers should be prosecuted for this.

Ds

Comments

• Ph
      3rd of Nov, 2008

My complaint is you stopped my magazine =Barons after only a couple weeks.
    WHY?
    I called Barons & they said YOU stopped it.WHY?
    Please advise a.s.a.p.

Magazine Service
    P.o. Box 25
    Byron, 94514
    California

I sent a renewal for Alfred Hitchcick Mystery Magazine on 8-27-10.
    $32.97. The check was cashed shortly after however my subscription has not been renewed as of Nov 3. I checked with the magazine direct on Nov 3 and they have received no notice from Magazine Seevice.

• Qr
      15th of Mar, 2011
    Magazine Service

Paid for a subscription renewal through this company and never received the magazine. I am unable to locate a telephone number or physical address for the company. The only address I have is P.O. Box 25 Byron, CA 94514

• Ca
      14th of Jul, 2011
    Magazine Service - they called and said only a dollar but ended up 14.95
    Magazine Rewards
    210 W 5th St Box 68
    Curtis
    Nebraska
    Phone: 3083676899

This company called my husband who doesnt comprehend everything never said anything of it charging more than a 1.00 and there was no post card to say anything with it.. I would have been happy but they just wont refund the money.. Which they have taken outta of my accout and I have called three times for a reimbersment..

• Ga
      21st of Jul, 2012
    MAGAZINE SERVICE
    POB 25
    Byron
    California
    Phone: NONE AVAILABLE

Sent checks out on 01/24/2012 for Alfred Hitchcock and Ellery Queen Magazines to Magazine Service, POB 25, Byron, Ca 94514. The checks were delivered on 01/31/2012. The checks were cashed on 02/02/2012. As of this date, 07/21/2012 I have received not one of the magazines. It is disheartening to be ripped of. I worked for my money and expect results.