Magazine City / Late delivery of ordered magazine

I ordered Men's Health on June 5th 2007 as a Father's Day Gift from my daughter with an expected delivery date of 10 -12 weeks max (August 14th - 28th). To date I haven't received anything and emailed the customer service department to chase this up.

I received an email back informing me that I could expect delivery of this magazine mid to late October, which takes the delivery to 20 - 21 weeks from the date of order. On the website the wording staes " If the magazine publishes bi-monthly or quarterly, receipt of your first issue may take as long as ten to twelve weeks to start". I have asked for a refund but was informed that a refund has to be requested within 48 hours of order and I was informed that the processing period for this publication is 10 - 12 weeks and the magazines are labeled 3 -4 months in advance.

I think this is totally unacceptable and would appreciate your comments.

Comments

• Li
      26th of Sep, 2007

I too am having a completely unacceptable experience with them. I went to the Better Business Bureau today to research them and they have an "unsatisfactory" rating due to unresolved complaints. (FYI- I work for a very large retailer and thought maybe the number of complaints was normal considering their size of distribution but then saw my company [we have thousands of stores] posted on the BBB and it has minimal complaints in comparison to Magazine City...)

You can see it for your self at BBB.com. On this website, the chief officers including the compliance officer are listed. The compliance officer has an email posted. I emailed him and got a response within 15 minutes, not that he resolved anything, but at least I had someone to get back to me instead of their black hole customer service dept. Good luck!

• Sc
      20th of May, 2008
    Magazine City - Non-delivery!
    Magazine city
    www.magazinecity.com

I ordered a gift subscription Oct.09, 2007 and it was charged on my C.C. Oct.10, 2007. As to date it has not been received, it's been promised by email for months. I cannot reach them by telephone even though I spent 2 hours redialing and getting hung up on after about 10 min.or so. They are a scam outfit and reading the other postings prove it. I asked for my money back and was told after 48 hours the order cannot be canceled or refunded. This after 7 months! I will contact every agency I can to report this. I am 76 years old, retired and nothing better to do. LOL.

• Va
      10th of Jul, 2008
    Magazine City - Never received product
    www.ccgdata.com

I placed my order on 12/21/07 for a magazine subscription as a christmas gift for my brother in law. I have called and emailed several times over the last three months with no response. My credit card company cannot refund my money because I did not submit the claim within 60 days of the charge (BS). I just filed a claim with the better business bureau today after almost 7 months of being patient.. I really hope they take these people down. I can't believe how badly this website is scamming people, I wish I read these reviews prior to placing my order!!

• Mt
      3rd of Jan, 2009
    Magazine City - Money paid 8 months ago, but not magazine!!
    info@magazinecity.com

Nothing new with my response. Ordered a magazine for my son's birthday in May of 08, and as of Jan. of 09 still no magazine. We have called at least 8 times, but the same BS is given each time.

I don't understand why the FCC doesn't step in, or a state's attorney general. All I ever read about these guys is that they continue to rip off people.

Get your local politician involved, and see if they can earn their keep.

Thanks,
    MH

• Kn
      6th of Jan, 2009
    Magazine City - NEVER RECIVED MAGAZINES!!
    Coquitlam
    British Columbia
    Canada

I ordered 2 magazines subscriptions back in Feburay 2008 for my husband for Valentines Day - they charged my credit card but I HAVE NEVER RECEIVED THEM!!! - I have made numerous calls - the WORST customer service I have EVER received.

Called in July was told the order was never processed - they would re-submit - wait another 6-8 weeks...still no magazines!! Called back in November - was told that a Supervisor would call me back - again NO phone call or magazines...

Called a few times in between was always told just give it another few weeks blah blah!!! Called again asked for my money back was told again that a Supervisor would call back - never received a call back

Finally called again today January 6/08 - was told that they would re-submit or refund my money in 3-4 weeks!!! I told them i wanted it plus interest because it was paid in American Funds back in Feb 2008 when Canadian was worth par...was told no way. Asked to speak to the Director was told she was busy...told them I would wait - FINALLY got thru to her and she basically told me that she would refund my money at the end of business today and then hung up on me...SO never never never order from this company!!!

• Ba
      6th of Jan, 2009

Try the Better Business Bureau. They go me a refund in 8 days.

24th of Feb, 2009

Same situation

I ordered a gift subscription in November, hoping for a delivery start date in January. It is now the end of February and the subscription has not begun yet. I have called Magazine City's phone number countless times and no one ever answers. I am kept on hold for up to 10 minutes and then the machine hangs up on me. I have emailed them and not received a response yet. How long could it take to get a magazine subscription started. Today makes 14 weeks since I placed my order (and since my credit card was charged). This is ridiculous!

25th of Feb, 2009

Omg...where are my magazines!

Same thing is happening to me. I have tried calling their number many times and every time the machine tells me that I've entered an invalid extension code (after I've been on hold for 12 minutes) and then it hangs up on me. I ordered in November thinking that I would get something by Christmas but it is now late February and I'm skeptical that I will ever receive anything. What kind of company cannot properly direct a magazine to my mailbox? I am livid.

• Gr
      12th of Mar, 2009

I am also going through a similar situation..ordered magazine on 05/06/08 and have not received a single issue. I have been toold that the subscription needed to be reprocessed..blah blah blah. Finally, I checked this company on the VA BBB and they have a rating of "F." Also, listed there are alternate phone numbers; I am actually on hold for the Customer Service Director as I type. I will include the link to VA BBB.

I called the 434-817-1800 number. I also called the publisher of the magazine I ordered and discovered there is in fact no record of any subscription. I was also told that there are numerous complaints with Harris Publishing regarding Magazine City.

I just now spoke to the director and was assured a refund by wednesday of next week. Good luck to all and I hope this helps. BTW, the directors name is Ms. Saris ( I am not sure of the spelling on this..simply spelling the name phonetically as it sounded to me... best bet is to simply ask for the Director of Customer Service)

17th of Jul, 2009

Greenielk, I just left a msg for the Director of Customer Service- thanks! I placed an order for a magazine April 3, 2009 and still haven't received it! It's now July 17, 2009! I called and couldn't get through and send 2 emails asking for a refund or my magazine. No reply.

• Pa
      17th of Jul, 2009

I am so happy to find this, but so mad at magazine city...placed order on April 11, 2009 - still nothing. Have called and called, and sent emails and no calls/emails are ever returned. It is so frustrating. I have called the above number, but just got an answering machine.
    I especially hate how you wait on hold for 10 minutes then it tells you they are too busy!

• Ka
      15th of Sep, 2009
    Magazine City - FRAUD/STEALING
    MAGAZINE CITY
    650 peter jefferson parkway 22911
    Charlottesville
    Virginia
    Phone: 434-817-1800

I ordered from this ### ### company in march or 2009 Well as you can see i have received NOTHING!!! This happenned to me before with mags for free.com and i complained about it and went to the las vegas b.b.b. about them and everything else i could do.. The mags for free thing worked out well after i did all that i STARTED RECEIVING MY MAGAZINE!!! Sooo i will take the same route with these ###s as well!!! coming for ya magazinme city!!!

• Co
      30th of Sep, 2009
    Magazine City - Theft/Fraud
    Magzine Cuty
    Calgary
    Alberta
    Canada

I ordered 2 magazines from these criminals. On their website, they claim that it may take up to 4 months to begin delivery (I ordered in April 2009), after 5 months I contacted their customer service by email (through their website) - no response, I continued to email them, I finally got an automatic response saying that it may take up to 4 months to begin delivery. I emailed them back saying it had been 6 months, again I was ignored. They take your money and ignore you, I guess that's company policy.

Save your money and do not order from these fraudsters!

• Jk
      5th of Oct, 2009

I paid $61 for a three year subscription to Art in America on June 12 and it is now Oct. 5. I've sent emails, tried calling numerous times and am cut off because there are "too many calls at this time." Has anyone who contacted Magazine City with a complaint had any success in actually receiving his/her magazine or a refund?

• Sc
      18th of Oct, 2009

Yes I have had luck with getting a refund from these [censored]ers. A subscription I ordered - the company went out of business.. of course I found out months later by calling myself to ask where the hell my magazine was! They said I'd get a refund on my visa within 2 months. Then I was stupid enough to order another subscription from them, and it has been 5 MONTHs and NOTHING. I DID get my refund on my VISA though... shocking. But I got screwed on the new subscription and NO ONE answers their GODDAMN PHONE LINE. I want to reach through the phone and strangle everyone there using my phone cord :)

• Fr
      9th of Nov, 2009
    Magazine City - Worthless
    Magazine City

Magazine City.com is worthless. They failed to deliver on a subscription after many calls and emails and promises.Luckily my credit card credited back my $50.. My next step is to notify our state consumer affairs. Do not use this company or you will regret it.I tried to file the complaint with their online form, but never got a reply. I finally got a human on the phone 1-800-787-1414 and talked to Christy. I asked for her extention. it is 216. She promised to email me the next day and never did. I left many messages on her machine and she never called back.

• Ju
      8th of Dec, 2009
    Magazine City - Horrible
    magazinecity.net

I placed an order for a magazine subscription in June, 2007. It is now Thanksgiving and I haven't received the first issue yet. My e-mails have gone unanswered and phone calls require waiting on hold for 20 to 30 minutes. Then I am placed on hold again until I have to hang up. I have been told 3 times in the last 2 weeks that they will get me an answer and call back, but I have received no call. They will not refund my money Do not under any circumstances use this website to buy magazines. They are horrible!!!

• Su
      5th of Jan, 2010
    Magazine City - Worst company I have ever used
    magazinecity.net

This must be the worst company I have ever used; they take your money, and send you nothing. They don't reply to emails (and no….. an automated response from a computer is not a reply!) I ordered a subscription in Feb 2008 it is now almost September and all I have is a collection of sent emails with no response, which I will be using to claim my money back. I will also try and spread the word on every review site I can, I urge every one else who has had their money conned from them to do so! This company should not be aloud to carry out business in this way.

• Ha
      17th of Feb, 2010
    Magazine City - I have never in my life been scammed by an online company
    magazinecity.net

I have never in my life been scammed by an online company anywhere in the world until now. I paid about $125 for a subscription 7 1/2 months ago and my desperate attempts to get them to tell me when on earth i can expect the first issue has gone unheeded. I gave them the benefit of the doubt to such an extent that i didn't even send them an e-mail until i'd waited about 4 months (i'm a trusting person and pretty patient). I got one response telling me that this time frame is a pretty normal thing. Since this initial response, no response at all. What's more i'm not even in the US so i feel even more powerless than you other poor guys in getting a refund. I really wish i wasn't so trusting... i hate how you have to learn things the hard way! (But good luck to all of you, i hope it's better than mine!) Oh and i will be telling everyone i know not to ever order from this company, which doesn't matter really considering they pocket the money and obviously don't even put in the order to the magazine, the perfect crime!

• Pa
      7th of May, 2010

I ordered a magazine subsciption for my little one in August of 2009, and to date never received anything, not an email or notice as to where my magazine is! I contacted Magazine City several times, and never got a response. It just shameful that this company is able to operate. And I feel horrible that I fell for it. Should've done more research on them before I placed an order. I defininately will never do business with them again.